Always make sure the gun is unloaded, especially after the first shot. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Always make sure the gun is unloaded, especially after the first shot.

steveksux
06-26-2011, 15:36
Local gun show, some dope brought in a loaded weapon to sell. Customer assumed it was unloaded, fired off a round. The owner took the weapon back, fired another round. Guess he still wasn't sure if the weapon was loaded or not... So pulled the trigger to verify? :whistling:

http://www.freep.com/article/20110624/NEWS04/110624033/2-shots-accidentally-fired-Mt-Clemens-gun-show-3-hurt

Randy

barstoolguru
06-26-2011, 16:47
So what happen to the gun safety check and seal at the door. Different rules at that gun show

michael e
06-26-2011, 16:52
I know at the houston area gun shows they check them at the door . Did anyone get hit? Arrested? anymore info on this

Fastbear
06-26-2011, 16:54
Standard protocol for presenting a weapon from you to another is:
1. Semi-Auto, drop magazine, rack and lock slide back. insert finger to verify barrel is free of shell. Present gun to another for inspection. 2. Revolver: Open cylinder and make sure its clear of shells. Present gun for inspection. Simple safety-Works.

rfenster
06-26-2011, 16:56
Isn't pulling the trigger the quickest way to check if a gun is loaded or not?

bassin98
06-26-2011, 16:59

Works for some.:wow:

Scott3670
06-26-2011, 18:04

Holy crap. Reminds me of that video of the DEA Agent claiming that he was the only one in the classroom that was qualified to carry a pistol. I laughed my butt of when he air-conditioned his foot. What a tool.

3rdgen40
06-26-2011, 18:08
Just another reason not to go to gun shows...:upeyes:

Lockback
06-26-2011, 18:16
Holy crap. Reminds me of that video of the DEA Agent claiming that he was the only one in the classroom that was qualified to carry a pistol. I laughed my butt of when he air-conditioned his foot. What a tool.
One of the funniest videos I've ever seen. That bullet punched a huge hole in his giant ego. :rofl::rofl:

steveksux
06-26-2011, 18:20
Holy crap. Reminds me of that video of the DEA Agent claiming that he was the only one in the classroom that was qualified to carry a pistol. I laughed my butt of when he air-conditioned his foot. What a tool.Well, to be fair to the DEA agent, at least he didn't fire off a 2nd round... :rofl:

Randy

steveksux
06-26-2011, 18:21
So what happen to the gun safety check and seal at the door. Different rules at that gun show Last time I went there, they were checking them.

Randy

steveksux
06-26-2011, 18:23
Isn't pulling the trigger the quickest way to check if a gun is loaded or not?When dealing with multiple types of firearms, it is handy to adopt a manual of arms that is common to them all... :supergrin:

And that'll work for all of them I'm aware of...

Randy

BailRecoveryAgent
06-26-2011, 18:29
If you pull the trigger on a gun without checking it and it goes off, you're an idiot.

If you pull the trigger on a gun without checking it that was just negligently discharged 5 seconds prior and it goes off again, you have forfeited the right to remain living amongst civilized people and must go live with monkeys for the rest of your life.

Dr.Midnight
06-26-2011, 18:32
http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae155/Jacquo72/never_go_full_retard1.jpg

Lior
06-26-2011, 20:38
Yes, the Second Amendment applies to idiots too.

spartan985
06-26-2011, 20:41
Man... I have been to that gun show many times.

shellster
06-26-2011, 20:44
There must be something in the water...

Unistat
06-26-2011, 20:56
Well, the vendor is banned. Do any of the Michigan folks know if the show at Mt. Clemens is run by the same people who do the one at the GTC in Taylor?

There was an ND there about 6 months ago at the disarm station. Fortunately the sand barrel did it's job. Still, I wish insurance companies would realize it's a bigger risk to ask patrons to handle their guns twice than to just leave them loaded in their holsters.

Bryan2010x
06-26-2011, 21:04

"This is a glock 40, 50 cent and too short both rap about this gun but i am the only one in this room prof enough......"

LongGoneDays
06-26-2011, 21:19
So what happen to the gun safety check and seal at the door. Different rules at that gun show

Looks like the gun might have came from a table :shocked:

Unistat
06-27-2011, 07:04
Looks like the gun might have came from a table :shocked:

It did. It was a vendor's gun he was trying to sell.

Dexters
06-27-2011, 07:18

I agree. There really isn't a good reason to go to a gun show these days.

IndyGunFreak
06-27-2011, 08:49
Standard protocol for presenting a weapon from you to another is:
1. Semi-Auto, drop magazine, rack and lock slide back. insert finger to verify barrel is free of shell. Present gun to another for inspection. 2. Revolver: Open cylinder and make sure its clear of shells. Present gun for inspection. Simple safety-Works.

While I don't ever stick my finger in a weapon w/ a locked slide (I always have this fear of the slide releasing.. :))... I have two eyes and can see if a round is in the chamber... I totally agree w/ what you said, and it's how I always present a firearm to someone.

Edit: Did I read that article correctly, and the ND's actually occurred w/ two different people? Boy Darwin must have needed a laugh... Owner of pistol was rightfully banned for life from the show, but the other guy should be to. 64yrs old, makes you wonder how often this dude was negligent with a firearm in his lifetime, and this time, it bit him.

IGF

Unistat
06-27-2011, 10:22
...but the other guy should be to. 64yrs old, makes you wonder how often this dude was negligent with a firearm in his lifetime, and this time, it bit him.

IGF

"There are old shooters and there are bold shooters but there are no old, bold shooters."

Except this guy.

Cream Soda Kid
06-27-2011, 10:48
Ya beat me to it.

Gunnut 45/454
06-27-2011, 11:10
They also forgot the golden rule! Keep your bugger hook off the actuating switch until your on target!:faint:

steveksux
06-27-2011, 16:52
Edit: Did I read that article correctly, and the ND's actually occurred w/ two different people? Boy Darwin must have needed a laugh... Owner of pistol was rightfully banned for life from the show, but the other guy should be to. 64yrs old, makes you wonder how often this dude was negligent with a firearm in his lifetime, and this time, it bit him.

IGFYes, you read that right... :rofl: (Buyer pulls trigger) BANG! Seller says: "Wow!!! Can't believe that gun went off, I could have sworn it was unloaded before I gave it to you!!! let me see that... (seller takes gun back, pulls trigger) BANG!! Yup! guess its not unloaded... :dunno:

I'm only making up the dialog, not the sequence of events.

Randy

FireForged
06-27-2011, 17:25
yep, thats why there are no more gunshows in my town.

shellster
06-27-2011, 19:06
Maybe he saw a communist?

Toorop
06-28-2011, 02:06

You forgot you should look down the barrel first to see of it is loaded or not.;)

jlprtr
06-28-2011, 09:29
To make matters worse, I read all of the comments. One of them was by a guy who said he was there when it happened, and was then told by one of the other vendors that the seller that did the second shot was a retired LEO, of all things. :shocked:

steveksux
06-28-2011, 20:39
To make matters worse, I read all of the comments. One of them was by a guy who said he was there when it happened, and was then told by one of the other vendors that the seller that did the second shot was a retired LEO, of all things. :shocked:Thank GOD it was an ex LEO! That's why he didn't hit anyone! :tongueout::rofl:

Randy

wjv
06-28-2011, 20:59

Only if it's pointed at your foot, or your groin. . . .

Unistat
06-28-2011, 21:11
Only if it's pointed at your foot, or your groin. . . .

Funny you should say that, a kid just shot himself in the groin here in Detroit. He was at the fireworks and had an ND. The ricochet hit a girl in the leg causing a very minor injury.

Phantom465
07-02-2011, 18:46

Quickest... yes
Smartest... no

Fedor
07-02-2011, 20:13

Yep, gun shows in my area are a joke.

Deaf Smith
07-02-2011, 20:47
Yes, you read that right... :rofl: (Buyer pulls trigger) BANG! Seller says: "Wow!!! Can't believe that gun went off, I could have sworn it was unloaded before I gave it to you!!! let me see that... (seller takes gun back, pulls trigger) BANG!! Yup! guess its not unloaded... :dunno:

I'm only making up the dialog, not the sequence of events.

Randy

Well at least the seller didn't look down the barrel to verify there was no bullet in the chamber!

Heard a LEO did just that. Put his gun to his head and told everyone it was 'safe'. He pulled the trigger and really showed them... that it wasn't safe.

Deaf