Busy year so far, calls for service [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Busy year so far, calls for service

glockbob
06-26-2011, 21:11
I checked our records for call volume. We are a small municipal dept, less then 4,000 people in the city. However our call volume is up 120 cases compared to the same time period last year.

Our dept only generates a case number when the officer enters the case info into our records management program. This isn't counting the hundreds of calls that we are dispatched to with anonymous complainants or unfounded complaints

Anyone else seeing this same trend at their dept?

DaBigBR
06-26-2011, 21:13
Not here. An incredibly boring year puncuated by brief entertainment. Two pursuits with drunk drivers in the last month, both resulting in crash, but neither with injury to anybody. Numbers otherwise down across the board.

packsaddle
06-26-2011, 21:19
i think you will see a general trend of increased call volume across the board, primarily due to the poor economy.

for example, our theft/burglary reports have skyrocketed this year.

glockbob
06-26-2011, 21:20
Not here. An incredibly boring year puncuated by brief entertainment. Two pursuits with drunk drivers in the last month, both resulting in crash, but neither with injury to anybody. Numbers otherwise down across the board.

Glad to hear it, for you and the community you serve. Wish it was the same here.

glockbob
06-26-2011, 21:22
i think you will see a general trend of increased call volume across the board, primarily due to the poor economy.

for example, our theft/burglary reports have skyrocketed this year.

4 commercial burglaries in the last 7 day period. A lot for our small town. Don't even want to count the thefts from (unlocked) cars.

SAR
06-26-2011, 21:26
We are down -8.4% in homicides compared to last year. We are down -19.2% in rapes. We are down -11.8% in robberies. We are down -6.9% in aggravated assaults. We are down -7.9% in shots fired. We are down -5.8% in victims shot.

However, we are up 45.3% on ADWs on Police Officers. Up 128.6% on OISs with hits, and up 60% on OISs (non-hits).

Crime is down, but violent attacks on officers is up. Not sure what to make of that.

glockbob
06-26-2011, 21:39
We are down -8.4% in homicides compared to last year. We are down -19.2% in rapes. We are down -11.8% in robberies. We are down -6.9% in aggravated assaults. We are down -7.9% in shots fired. We are down -5.8% in victims shot.

However, we are up 45.3% on ADWs on Police Officers. Up 128.6% on OISs with hits, and up 60% on OISs (non-hits).

Crime is down, but violent attacks on officers is up. Not sure what to make of that.

I think I will stay in WI. I will not complain about my "busy" days anymore. Scary to see such a huge increase in OIS. I would not trade one day in your shoes.

Don't know what would cause more attacks on officers. Maybe criminals are getting more and more desperate, nothing to lose, type mentality. As mentioned before, bad economy, no job, negative outlook on life in general.

Stay safe in LA

GLK38
06-26-2011, 21:41
Schools out for summer = Car burglaries/home invasions skyrocket. No more than any other year though.

Domestics are up due to financial conversations turning into fistfights.

CAcop
06-26-2011, 21:47

However, we are up 45.3% on ADWs on Police Officers. Up 128.6% on OISs with hits, and up 60% on OISs (non-hits).Crime is down, but violent attacks on officers is up. Not sure what to make of that.

Also soon to be up muckracking by the LA Times about "Cops shooting more people."

CAcop
06-26-2011, 21:47
We are up calls for service but down reports. By the time we get to calls for service the victims are over reporting it.

collim1
06-27-2011, 05:01
Busy for me, case numbers in the 13k's half way through the year. Highest I remember in one year in the past was 21K for the year.

Pepper45
06-27-2011, 19:42
We're up about 20% in case numbers, though our call load doesn't seem much heavier, if any at all.

Kahr_Glockman
06-27-2011, 21:46
Our call volume is down but our more serious offenses are up. We have had a couple try to fight us this year.

DaBigBR
06-28-2011, 00:07
Checked are computer system this AM. Reports are down about 10% from last year, which was down 10% from a year before that. Officer-initiated arrests are down, but victim initiated reports are up somewhat. Mostly a morale issue.

SCSU74
06-28-2011, 10:18
we just passed 70,000 case #'s for the year :)