I ordered my Remora holster! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I ordered my Remora holster!

DURBANS
06-26-2011, 21:59
So I'm very excited. I emailed Alan and he's shipping me a Remora holster for my Glock this week!

I ordered the 10ART "RFT" SS version, meaning, the 10 (for medium Glocks), ART (a bit larger opening for easier drawing), reinforced top and with the sweat shield. I also ordered the 2 pack of single mag carriers.

I have a few questions though for those of you who own these. I've seen the youtube videos and I pretyt much understand the concept and like it. But, how are they in reality? Are they comfortable for EDC? What's the interior like? Will it be easily concealeable? Better than my Uncle Mike's sleeve??

GEN3
06-26-2011, 22:38
I have one for my PF-9 that I have been using for about 3 months now. It is my favorite CCW holster I own for this gun and I have tried quite a few. I have 5.11 cargo shorts and I can easily pocket carry with it. I had another pocket holster and it didn't seem to break up the outline of the gun. The remora does it really well. Kinda just looks like a bigger phone. As far as IWB it is the most comfortable holster I have ever used so far. I like to carry on my hip and it conceals very well. I also like the fact that you can position it virtually however you want it and it makes sitting down very comfortable. With other holsters I could never seem to get it positioned where it was comfortable to sit down with the gun on my hip or abdomen. I have not seen every video on-line for it but most of them have people jumping all over the place while wearing one. I carry it IWB with my 5.11 tactical belt sometimes and no matter how much I jump up and down like a moron I can't get it to move so I feel confident it's not coming out. I'm planning on picking up a G27 sometime in the fall and I'll definitely be picking one up for it.

bac1023
06-27-2011, 04:48
Congrats! :cool:

emore
06-27-2011, 05:35
I have one for every gun that I carry, most often a G27. I haven't found a more comfortable holster anywhere. I actually forget that I have it on from time to time, it's just that comfortable. There is no way it's ever going to slip from where you put it; it is just too grippy for that. Since there are no clips and you have the option to bury the gun as deep as you wish, the level of concealment is up to you entirely. I feel certain that you will be very happy with your purchase. I hope it doesn't take it too long to get to Peru. What takes you down there? Job or female, has to be one or the other, I bet. :supergrin:
Enjoy!

ldmtulsa
06-27-2011, 06:02
I have had one for my G36 and it is great. It is great for everyday carry with anything you can wear a belt with. But you can also wear it with sweats or shorts that just have a draw string. I doubt you will not be happy with yours.

jamaicanj
06-27-2011, 06:05
Congrats. I have one for my G19 and I love it. I also have a single mag carrier, but I don't use it in the waistband, as I prefer to use it in my offside pocket.

GunFighter45ACP
06-27-2011, 11:18
I have one for my PF-9 that I have been using for about 3 months now. It is my favorite CCW holster I own for this gun and I have tried quite a few. I have 5.11 cargo shorts and I can easily pocket carry with it. I had another pocket holster and it didn't seem to break up the outline of the gun. The remora does it really well. Kinda just looks like a bigger phone. As far as IWB it is the most comfortable holster I have ever used so far. I like to carry on my hip and it conceals very well. I also like the fact that you can position it virtually however you want it and it makes sitting down very comfortable. With other holsters I could never seem to get it positioned where it was comfortable to sit down with the gun on my hip or abdomen. I have not seen every video on-line for it but most of them have people jumping all over the place while wearing one. I carry it IWB with my 5.11 tactical belt sometimes and no matter how much I jump up and down like a moron I can't get it to move so I feel confident it's not coming out. I'm planning on picking up a G27 sometime in the fall and I'll definitely be picking one up for it.

THIS. I'm rolling w/my G17 & Remora. The fact that you can always find a comfortable cant, ride height, & location on the hip for carry w/out worrying about a belt loop being in the way/right place is probably my favorite virtue of the Remora. This also makes wardrobe selection a little easier, too. The ease of throwing it on w/out a belt for quick little trips or errands is nice, too, especially if you are or were into pocket carry/mouse guns because the ease of these can be achieved w/a Remora sans belt & a larger sized pistol.

1canvas
06-27-2011, 12:29
i just got mine in the mail about 15 minutes ago. i ordered one for my 27 and for my wifes j-frame. they seem like they will work. when i first read on here about them i thought no way. so many here love them so i ordered them. i will post.

Cheytac
06-27-2011, 12:59
Tagged for interest. Let me know how you like it Durbans... :wavey:

Kapuna
06-27-2011, 15:11
I have one for every CCW...
Quick, easy, adjustable, inexpensive...I could go on and on....
Oh...and GREAT customer service...
Getcha one!!!...

BTW... I am in no way affiliated with Remora Holsters...just a believer...

bjhubb
06-27-2011, 18:55
Works well with my g26. Very comfortable.

rkrk
06-27-2011, 20:39
I have one for every CCW...
Quick, easy, adjustable, inexpensive...I could go on and on....
Oh...and GREAT customer service...
Getcha one!!!...

BTW... I am in no way affiliated with Remora Holsters...just a believer...

+1

Most comfortable IWB holster I own

Recurve
06-29-2011, 20:52
I really like mine, however I do wish it fit the gun a bit snugger.

KingWalleye
06-29-2011, 21:04
I got one last Friday for my LCP and carried it all weekend while fishing, driving, chopping firewood, riding my scooter and chilling by the fire. It never slipped once and after just a few minutes I forgot I was carrying it.

For $25.00 for the basic models along with a lifetime warranty the Remora holsters just can't be beat.

DURBANS
07-09-2011, 19:42
I got my package a couple days ago and I love the holster. Alan sent me a free holster! I ordered the 10 ART RFT SS (sweat shield) and he sent me a free 10ART! That's awesome!

Anyway, I'm talking to him about having a "custom" version made, since the sweat shield is a bit small, I have a belly and I don't like the gun metal against it haha!

Also, I'm having the logo stitched on the other side, having it against my body itches a bit and it gets kinda wrinkly all the time.

thesid
07-10-2011, 18:41
I got my package a couple days ago and I love the holster. Alan sent me a free holster! I ordered the 10 ART RFT SS (sweat shield) and he sent me a free 10ART! That's awesome!

Anyway, I'm talking to him about having a "custom" version made, since the sweat shield is a bit small, I have a belly and I don't like the gun metal against it haha!

Also, I'm having the logo stitched on the other side, having it against my body itches a bit and it gets kinda wrinkly all the time.

Pics of the Glock in the 10 art rft ss and the 10 art please...

scattershot
07-13-2011, 13:14
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/scattershot/DSCN2297.jpgJust got mine in the mail. I like the new cut down design that allows a full firing grip. Very tacky feel, doesn't seem like it would slip at all. May have to order a few more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/scattershot/DSCN2298.jpg

GunFighter45ACP
07-14-2011, 08:58
Still loving mine! I have also found that w/this holster I can now comfortably carry IWB behind the hip, which says alot for the Remora design as I used to be a strictly on the hip for carry guy.