failzero bcg users.. got some ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : failzero bcg users.. got some ??

SOLIDSNAK3
06-27-2011, 13:20
for those that have used or own the fail bcg,

which one did you get? they sell an m16 and a Ar16 bcg. can we use the m16 bcg in commercial ar15

how easy is it to clean?

any issues or failures?

thanks!

Teecher45
06-28-2011, 00:39
Tagged for future reference.
Sorry I can't help you, I don't have one, but am interested.

mixflip
06-28-2011, 01:23
I looked at the FailZero BCG setup and I actually thought to myself...this could be the answer to all the fouling and heat issues that many complain about? I have not tried one but I think if I bought another AR I think I would like to try it with a FailZero BCG & bolt.

My biggest gripe with my old D.I. was always having to re-add oil to the BCG when the heat that dumps right onto it would dry up the oil. Also I hated cleaning all that caked on fouling deep inside the crevices of the barrel extension/star chamber.

If FailZero is truly self lubricating and what little carbon that does stick just falls off with a quick squirt of gun scrubber...I'd be very happy!!!! No more excessive oiling and dental picks after a long day shooting.

BlackPaladin
06-28-2011, 01:48
Very happy with mine, expensive but worth it.

boomhower
06-28-2011, 13:09
Worth every penny to me. My BCG has never seen a drop of oil and has never had a failure. Cleaning is very easy. Usually it just wipes right of but if it's really bad a squirt of CLP takes care of the problem. If you already have a good BCG you can send it to WMD and have them coat it. It was started by some ex-FZ employees.

SOLIDSNAK3
06-28-2011, 17:04
thanks for the input.

whats the deal with offering an m16 bcg and a ar15 bcg though? example, my colt bcg is a m16 bcg as per colt. would i by an m16 bcg as a repleacement? whats the difference between the 2.

i feel tempted to pick one up and and write a review on my experiance.

boomhower
06-28-2011, 17:52
The difference between a FA BCG and semi BCG are very small. The FA has a bit more meat on it, less than 1/10th of an ounce if memory serves. Given the option take the FA but the SA isn't exactly a huge downgrade. With their kits the hammer is different. FA kit has a FA hammer, SA kit SA hammer. I thought they had changed all their BCG to FA but you may want to confirm that.

SOLIDSNAK3
06-28-2011, 19:09
dumb question time.....

what is FA and what is SA?

boomhower
06-28-2011, 19:39
dumb question time.....

what is FA and what is SA?

full auto and semi auto

RMTactical
06-28-2011, 19:50
I have a Spike NiB BCG, two actually. They are SUPER easy to clean and require no lube. Pretty awesome...

BlackPaladin
06-29-2011, 04:11
Might look into that wmd guns for coating a few other BCGs.

Brad737
07-27-2011, 20:47
I have 2 from Spike's. AWESOME!

siblueg
07-28-2011, 10:00
Love my nib bcg

Broncovan
07-29-2011, 21:35
I have a FA Fail Zero in my 18" middy. I run it suppressed with a Noveske switchblock, and it gets DIRTY! For the most part, the carbon and mess just wipes off and I use very little to no lube on it. For the normally very gunky areas, it doesn't take near as much to get it nice and clean.

I wish I'd have gone to one much sooner.

SOLIDSNAK3
07-29-2011, 23:22
is there any difference between the failzero bcg and the spikes bcg?

boomhower
07-30-2011, 04:09
is there any difference between the failzero bcg and the spikes bcg?

I believe spikes supplies their own BCG to be coated and FZ uses theirs which are different but very well may come from the same manufacturer, no one knows but them. I have never heard of a FZ BCG fail.

jfirecops
07-30-2011, 12:17
Fail Zero uses a hard nickel boron coating that is difficult for carbon to stick to. I had my BCG coated on my 11.5" BCM and it runs like a dream. I use high temp grease to lube and at the end of the day, most of the carbon just wipes off, and this was after a high round class.

poodleshooter1
07-30-2011, 12:26
I heard soacking the BCG in zmax for a day or so accomplishes the same level of reliability?

In any case, I just lube mine before shooting and have no problems. Heck, I don't even clean it. Just keeping it well lubed and relube once in a while.

The couple of times I have cleaned it, it literally just wiped clean. I really don't understand why some people complain the AR-15 platform is unreliable, requires heavy maintenance, or is hard to clean.

boomhower
07-30-2011, 13:20
I heard soacking the BCG in zmax for a day or so accomplishes the same level of reliability?

In any case, I just lube mine before shooting and have no problems. Heck, I don't even clean it. Just keeping it well lubed and relube once in a while.

The couple of times I have cleaned it, it literally just wiped clean. I really don't understand why some people complain the AR-15 platform is unreliable, requires heavy maintenance, or is hard to clean.

1. No, it won't.
2. Your right, it's not rocket science. Keep the gun well lubed and it will run a long long time between cleaning.
3. People are lazy and think they can run these things dry and dirty like a Glock. Just squirting some lube in the ejection port will cure most problems these folks run into.

mjkeat
07-30-2011, 13:31
I ran a FZ BCG and liked it. I have something similar in my LWRC and it has ran great.

fivestar
07-30-2011, 15:58
I have their auto BCG in one of my Smith's. No issues whatsoever. The difference between a standard BCG and the Fail Zero BCG is really apparent when Im shooting suppressed. Even after several hundred suppressed rounds in a row, there is no lack of lubrication, and the BCG cleans up with little to no effort.

SOLIDSNAK3
07-31-2011, 20:49
another question...

ive noticed that on the failzero site, the bcg comes with a hammer but the spikes tactical doesnt offer a hammer with their coated bcg.

is the failzero hammer needed and why doesnt spike offer one?

boomhower
07-31-2011, 21:05
another question...

ive noticed that on the failzero site, the bcg comes with a hammer but the spikes tactical doesnt offer a hammer with their coated bcg.

is the failzero hammer needed and why doesnt spike offer one?

Spikes doesn't offer it seperately because they want you to buy their enhanced LPK's that come with the coated hammer.

It's not a necessity. I ran one with it and not run an SSA trigger with a non-coated hammer. I can't tell a big difference, just keep some lube on it.

SOLIDSNAK3
08-05-2011, 19:10
anyone running a different buffer with the FA, bcg? i have a spikes st-t2 buffer, and im wondering if i'll have any issues.

thanks.

nickod
08-06-2011, 02:52
i am running spikes whatever coated bcg and st-t2 buffer............fantastic for 1000 rounds and counting

BlackPaladin
08-06-2011, 14:48
I just sent in a BCG + hammer to WMD for NB coating. Will compare to my FZ when it arrives back and post comparing feedback.