C more red dot? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : C more red dot?

JTLIII
06-27-2011, 17:01
Are these any good? I'm thinking about getting the one with the built in iron sights for my LE6920. Are they worth the money? about $400 shipped. Don't see many people using them, but that could be jsut a result of eotech/aimpoint's popularity right now

BuckyP
06-27-2011, 17:55
I think they are great for USPSA open guns, but not durable enough for a rifle. I had one on my AR and just a light tap to the side and the lens cracked. Also, the dots are not bright in the smaller sizes and not as crisp as an Aimpoint or Holosight.

MrMurphy
06-27-2011, 18:41
They're competition grade.

Get an H-1.

Captains1911
06-27-2011, 18:44
They are grossly overpriced. For that kind of money just get an Aimpoint or EOTech.

BlutoBlutarsky
06-27-2011, 19:06
They are very fast but the aluminum one is the only reliable one. For the price I'd go Aimpoint.

Singlestack Wonder
06-27-2011, 21:15
Don't waste your money on the c-more. Get an Aimpoint. Take a look at this torture test from Daniel Defense with an Aimpoint T1 mounted on the M4:

https://danieldefense.com/TortureTest

madecov
06-29-2011, 10:38
The C-More was the cool thing years ago when Aimpoint &Eotech were not really available. They have not really advanced over the years. The modern Aimpoints and Eotechs are a better option

BigEd
06-29-2011, 13:34
I've been thinkin about buying the aluminum tactical model that has an A2 rear site for my 2nd AR build which is still incomplete. I have not personally used this site, but I've read several user reviews and they've all been positive. I hear alot of people talking about torture tests and all I can say is to each his own. I don't think I'll ever be caught in a situation where I'll have to throw my AR around and I definitely don't think that I'll ever do anything w/ my AR that would cause the optic to substain a direct hit. I believe that c-more is affilitaed w/ Colt. C-more might even be owned by Colt now. I'm not sure. BTW, I currently have an eotech and I can't stand it.

BuckyP
06-29-2011, 19:08
I've been thinkin about buying the aluminum tactical model that has an A2 rear site for my 2nd AR build which is still incomplete. I have not personally used this site, but I've read several user reviews and they've all been positive. I hear alot of people talking about torture tests and all I can say is to each his own. I don't think I'll ever be caught in a situation where I'll have to throw my AR around and I definitely don't think that I'll ever do anything w/ my AR that would cause the optic to substain a direct hit. I believe that c-more is affilitaed w/ Colt. C-more might even be owned by Colt now. I'm not sure. BTW, I currently have an eotech and I can't stand it.

Mine was a tight fit in my safe, and it bumped another rifle and cracked the glass. :crying: No torture tests here. Admittedly, it was the standard rail model, not aluminum which may be more durable? :dunno:

That being said, while I don't prefer them on my rifles, I sure do like them on on a handgun.

JTLIII
06-29-2011, 19:54
I'm not into torture tests, but if they are super delicate, no need for one.

ScrappyDoo
06-30-2011, 10:31
madecov is basically right on.

My gunsmith is a former Army guy, I know infantry but as far as specifics i dunno , I think I got him to admit he was a green beret once, and he later became a LEO/SWAT member and then LEO/SWAT instructor and a gunsmith all the while, and became a professional security person AKA Mercenary into Afghanistan and Iraq. the dude is on point. well anyway his rifle he used in "The Stan" as a merc was an old, OLD but beautifully broken in, Colt M16A1. I remember it had a fixed stock, but the stock was shorter and thinner, so it was like having a sopmod stock closed all the way. And his optic was a C-More "Tactical" and he let me check it out, it was awesome.

He basically pointed out, that that rifle and almost all his work inside Stan/Iraq with that, would be CQB and close range stuff, which wanted fast fast fast target aquisition and such. Which goes right to Holosights. He said if he had to buy a new one, he loved the Aimpoint Micro I had, and he said it was a great sight, but his CMore had lasted so long, why replace if not broken?

Battle tested I guess!