G36 paddle holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G36 paddle holster

chuckmiller
06-27-2011, 21:18
Is ANYONE carrying their 36 in a paddle holster? I want one that keeps the gun as high as possible, just like the Safariland 518. Safari doesn't make one specific to the 36, I bought the holster for the 19/23 and the 36 is a tad longer and doesn't fit. The thumb snap will not close.

JBarbaresi
06-27-2011, 21:27
not sure specifically what you're looking for, but i just got a comp-tac kydex paddle holster this past weekend and it is awesome. my intended use for the holster is range/competition so i got the straight vertical draw, but its also offered in a 15 degree forward cant "FBI style" for carrying if thats your preference. for a paddle holster it is very well designed, holds close to the body and is top notch quality like everything made by comp-tac. decently priced at around $50 for what you get (they normally have some kind of 10% off coupon code running) and its available for a g36.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=53

chuckmiller
06-27-2011, 21:34
...holds close to the body
Yes, close to the body is a must, as well as high as possible, to keep it from peaking out from under the shirt. But the side picture they show makes it look like it would ride way out away from the hip. What do you think?

allegro
06-27-2011, 21:50
I have been using a Fobus G-2 paddle style for over ten years with my G23. I was suggested this holster by an FBI agent here in Memphis. It sits high, has a comfortable feel and is quite secure.

Good luck