Computer restarts no mouse [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Computer restarts no mouse

HotRoderX
06-30-2011, 14:29
Ok so having issues with my mouse when I restart my computer. I kinda already have a feeling I know what the answer is, but I don't wanna admit it so getting a 2nd opinion.

Symptoms are as follows

Restarting the computer half the time disables the mouse. Unplugging and replugging in the mouse fixes it.

During boot up the mouse either lights up or it does not so that leads me to believe the mother board USB was not functioning right.

Some times randomly the mouse cursor moves around the screen on its on accord very jumpy.

What I done to fix it

Unplugged everything but mouse and keyboard still had same issue
Updated the Firmware on the mouse (Razor Naga) Same issue
Formatted Windows due to some other issues also.

Now on to the other issues which are still going on seems like I am having issues with my Ethernet connector on my computer. Some times during a reboot instead of getting a fast blinking light on the Ethernet controller I get a slow pulsating light which is really weird. Obviously during times like these I would get no internet. I figured it was glitchy windows install but am still having the issue after the format.

Everything leads me to believe its the motherboard is starting to die off what do you think. I know its possible but slight it could be the mouse.

jpa
06-30-2011, 14:55
Obviously a mouse is cheaper and easier to replace than a motherboard. Replace the mouse first. It sounds like you have an aftermarket mouse, do you have the factory mouse that came with the PC? Try it. Otherwise go buy a cheap one at best buy or something and try it out.

CitizenOfDreams
06-30-2011, 16:14
I had that issue with the same mouse on 2 different computers, so it seems to be a hardware problem with the mouse itself.

Hint: if you are too lazy to crawl under the desk and unplug the mouse, you can just go to the Device Manager, uninstall the mouse and scan for new hardware.