Another N82 holster review..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another N82 holster review.....

AGAF
06-30-2011, 16:01
I mentioned in the last thread about the N82 that I would be ordering one and giving it a try.

This holster is made by a company called N82 Tactical. The company is basically two guys named Nate and the 2 means squared. Thus N8 = Nate,
2 = squared.

I ordered the compact version for my G26 on Monday evening and it arrived today. My initial impressions are that the holster is very well made, has a good layer of "cushion", and rides just above the belt with a slight cant.
I've tried the holster at 5 O'clock, 4, 4:30, 3, and AIWB. The holster is very comfortable at all of these positions. I am particularly fond of the way it feels and rides at 3 O'clock.

The suede backing is very comfortable against bare skin. I've tried both leather and kydex and neither of these are comfortable to me against the skin. There is a cushion layer between the suede and outer leather piece where the gun sits. This allows for additional comfort.

I have tried the CBST and find this N82 holster to be quite a bit more comfortable. Doesn't mean everyone will (so calm down as you read this!).
I have tried many holsters on the market over the years like most of you and I can honestly say that this is the most comfortable holster that I have tried for IWB carry. I'm still searching for the mythical "perfect" OWB holster and have a CrossBreed Snapslide on order at the moment.

So far, so good. Time will tell how it holds up and if I continue to feel this way. As you all know, finding the best holster is EXTREMELY objective and personal for each one of us. If you like "pretty" holsters, then this is just not for you. But if you appreciate function and comfort and want to try something new, you ought to check this holster out. I'm glad I did.

Here is their website: http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

DWARREN123
06-30-2011, 21:49
I went ahead and ordered one for my G22. I have a couple of holsters on order right now trying to find the best summer holster for me. I like my Don Hume 715 series but wish to try something new.
Holster crazy I guess. :rofl:

Sharky7
07-01-2011, 23:51
Lots of reviews on this holster lately here in Carry Issues.

The clip is right on the gun though....making it bulge out further. From my experience, an off set clip or two clips helps spread out the pattern. Otherwise, you just got one distinct bulge.

What's the advantage for this holster compared to any other single clip holster that is on the market, besides the big backing that looks like it would inhibit obtaining a grip?

AGAF
07-03-2011, 18:31
I've tried the CBST which spreads out the holster per se, but I could not see a discernable difference between it and the N82 from a concealability standpoint. Having the large backing against the gun does require a bit of a transition in terms of securing a solid grip vs. other holsters....

The big advantage that this holster has over others with a single clip is pure comfort. I'm just not a big fan of hard leather or kydex against my skin. Like I said before, this holster may not be for everyone, but I am really glad I ordered one because it it the first IWB holster that I can carry comfortably now.

Fedor
07-03-2011, 18:50
Does the N82 work for 2 O'Clock Carry?

Sharky7
07-04-2011, 00:53
Like I said before, this holster may not be for everyone, but I am really glad I ordered one because it it the first IWB holster that I can carry comfortably now.

That is what is important. Every body type is a bit different and what works for some won't work for others. Glad you found a good one for you.

AGAF
07-04-2011, 11:32
Does the N82 work for 2 O'Clock Carry?

I think you could carry with the N82 at just about any position. I really like to carry with it right about 3:30....