CCW holder attacked by two guys- Video [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW holder attacked by two guys- Video

brausso
07-02-2011, 02:24
If this is a jambog, my bad. I did a search and didn't find it. The shooter actually posted about his experience here http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53502

Link and video to the story http://fox.daytonsnewssource.com/shared/newsroom/raw_news/videos/vid_47.shtml

datnvan
07-02-2011, 02:39
thats why i always carry chambered and ready to go. good job to that guy for taking at least one of those scum out.

JuneyBooney
07-02-2011, 02:40
The guy got what he deserved.

IndyGunFreak
07-02-2011, 04:52
If this is a jambog, my bad. I did a search and didn't find it. The shooter actually posted about his experience here http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53502

Link and video to the story http://fox.daytonsnewssource.com/shared/newsroom/raw_news/videos/vid_47.shtml

JAMGBOG... ;)

The shooter done very well.. As I said in the other thread(s), the only thing I was concerned about, was him driving off... Then I learned he drove a few blocks away, and called 911. He returned to the scene when the police arrived. Couldn't have asked any better of the shooter under the circumstances, IMO..

Hopefully "Bruh Bruh" and his wannabe rapping homie, get significant amounts of time in prison for this, but I doubt they will.

IGF

BailRecoveryAgent
07-02-2011, 09:28
Hopefully "Bruh Bruh" and his wannabe rapping homie, get significant amounts of time in prison for this, but I doubt they will.

IGF

I'm hoping they both meet the men of their dreams while in prison.

Ruggles
07-02-2011, 09:35
2 x .45ACP in the gut....ouch that's gotta hurt :)

Too bad he lived.

Good to see the outcome.

Warp
07-02-2011, 11:01

Too bad he lived.

Good to see the outcome.

Shot placement is everything, especially with handguns.

The shooter was probably lucky to get an immediate stop.

cowboy1964
07-02-2011, 11:25
2 45's in the torso and he didn't vaporize or bleed out in 0.53 seconds?? Well imagine that.

redbaron007
07-02-2011, 12:42
JAMGBOG... ;)

The shooter done very well.. As I said in the other thread(s), the only thing I was concerned about, was him driving off... Then I learned he drove a few blocks away, and called 911. He returned to the scene when the police arrived. Couldn't have asked any better of the shooter under the circumstances, IMO..

IGF

^^
Concur!! +1000

:wavey:

red

bmylesk
07-02-2011, 12:49

Too bad he lived.

Good to see the outcome.

i couldn't agree more with you.

Ruggles
07-02-2011, 14:40
Shot placement is everything, especially with handguns.

The shooter was probably lucky to get an immediate stop.

Shot placement is everything and he got two rounds on target as he was being attacked by two assailants. Those two rounds ended the attack, that is good shooting. I get the feeling (and sorry if I am wrong) from your post that you think the shooter/victim is alive/safe because of luck rather than his skill and his actions. I could not disagree more.

steveksux
07-02-2011, 15:10
Shot placement is everything and he got two rounds on target as he was being attacked by two assailants. Those two rounds ended the attack, that is good shooting. I get the feeling (and sorry if I am wrong) from your post that you think the shooter/victim is alive/safe because of luck rather than his skill and his actions. I could not disagree more.

My take on his post was that he was lucky to get an immediate stop because handguns are poor stoppers, that 2 shots to a non-vital location are unlikely to stop someone immediately. I didn't take that as a slam on his skills. He's lucky because it stopped one of the guys and the other guy ran off. Could easily have been overpowered 2 on 1 in close quarters like that and not gotten any shots off/on target.

Randy

sugarcreek
07-02-2011, 15:18
My take on his post was that he was lucky to get an immediate stop because handguns are poor stoppers, that 2 shots to a non-vital location are unlikely to stop someone immediately. I didn't take that as a slam on his skills. He's lucky because it stopped one of the guys and the other guy ran off. Could easily have been overpowered 2 on 1 in close quarters like that and not gotten any shots off/on target.

Randy Two shots to the gut at what...450 foot pounds per square inch, to the GUT? I think this is likely to stop an attack RIGHT THEN.

Batesmotel
07-02-2011, 15:19
2 45's in the torso and he didn't vaporize or bleed out in 0.53 seconds?? Well imagine that.

They said the crack he had smoked kept him from dying.

So if you are going to take two 45s to the gut get stoned first, just to be safe.

Batesmotel
07-02-2011, 15:21
BTW...

Video of crying mother explaining that he was a good boy and a photo of him in his Cub Scout uniform in 3, 2, 1...

bob_fuller
07-02-2011, 15:26
They're big tough guys when it's 2 on 1 until one of them gets shot... then they run like heck. too bad he didn't get them both.

G17gen3
07-02-2011, 15:33
and this is why I believe it's my moral duty to utilize my CCW permit every where I can

Schrag4
07-02-2011, 15:33

Randy

Well obviously a CNS shot would stop anyone immediately but from everything I've read, whether a non-CNS shot stops a target is totally up to the target. Some people subconsciously think it's appropriate to fall down when shot, so they do so, even though their wounds may be superficial. Others can take a shot to the heart and keep killing you for 15 or 20 seconds before they pass out and die.

For this reason, what others have said here many times before has gotten through my head - you can do everything correctly in a gunfight and still die. You could mag dump 17 rounds into a bad guy's torso in 5 seconds and then he could walk over to you while you're reloading and shoot or stab you before he passes out from lack of oxygen to the brain. Not likely but entirely possible.

sierrafast
07-02-2011, 21:21
IMO, he waited too long to draw.

Warp
07-02-2011, 21:46

He is lucky two rounds to the abdomen of a drugged up 'bruh bruh' stopped the attack so quickly.

Randy

Right. He is lucky two handgun abdomen shots stopped guy 1 and lucky guy 2 broke off the attack immediately as well.

When you get assaulted by a guy who is already standing within arms reach with a buddy nearby to jump in having enough luck for something to go your way is not a bad thing.

IMO, he waited too long to draw.

His gun was in the console of his vehicle.

TACC GLOCK
07-02-2011, 22:23
First, Glad to see he made it out ok, and the other 2 are in Jail. Glad to see a couple rounds slowed down the one guy.

Why was he not carrying on his person as opposed to having the gun in the car. I also agree keep it on you, he was lucky he did not get jumped prior to getting back in the car, where he would have not had any gun.

denn1911
07-02-2011, 22:35
He's lucky that he had time to go back into his car for his pistol. He would have been better off to have it on his person.

RyanBDawg
07-02-2011, 23:32
I saw this on another forum. Absolutely wonderful video.

Some sorry SOB hopped up on crack and booze got exactly what he deserved.

Hey Brady Bunch, this is why we carry guns, because police don't appear out of thin air when you are being assaulted to death by scum crackheads..

Ruggles
07-02-2011, 23:39
I place his reaction/skill ahead of luck in the final outcome. He reacted and that saved his bacon, nothing wrong with luck, but IMO that is not what altered the outcome from what those scumbags planned for it to be.

ScottieG59
07-03-2011, 00:14
It is easy to do everything right and not prevail. The victim got the results needed and did not step over the line. When he saw the one bad guy down, he did not continue to shoot. When the other bad guy retreated, the good guy got to a safe place and called 911. He stopped the threat and survived the possible legal issues. He called 911 before the bad guy could call with a story of their own.

There are lessons learned here. The victim is lucky he was able to get to his gun in the car and respond. That is a bad place to keep a gun. I have had issues with comfort with holsters when driving and I tried many holsters. I settled on one and I carry everywhere I legally can including on business trips around the country.

The victim also made a critical error in not assessing the threat accurately. He may be a bigger guy and that is not enough to prevail in many cases. He saw the threat as manageable until he was finally being attacked. He should have been ready much earlier. Luck was on the side of the victim since the bad guy was too stoned to launch an effective attack. Luck also helped since the other bad guy was far enough that the victim could retrieve his gun in time.

Basically, have situational awareness, keep the gun on your person, and do not underestimate the threat.

Ruggles
07-03-2011, 00:29
I am not sure anyone here is in a position to judge rather this guy reacted later than he should have or not, we have crappy & half hidden video with zero audio. I do not think that anybody who was not there has enough info to make that judgement accurately. Just my .02 anyways.

poodleshooter1
07-03-2011, 00:40
I think one thing we can all learn from this video is to carry our guns on our persons. I keep mine in the car when coming home from work, and I frequently stop by to get gas. I've always thought to myself I should put it on before I get out of the car, but figure, oh, I'll just lean in and grab it. Bad idea, from now on, it goes on my person after I leave work.

Ruggles
07-03-2011, 00:51
I think one thing we can all learn from this video is to carry our guns on our persons. I keep mine in the car when coming home from work, and I frequently stop by to get gas. I've always thought to myself I should put it on before I get out of the car, but figure, oh, I'll just lean in and grab it. Bad idea, from now on, it goes on my person after I leave work.

Good point :wavey:

Gary1911A1
07-03-2011, 01:42
I was in Dayton a few months ago for a GSSF Match and stopped to get something to drink. Some of the people where I stopped had that look an inmate gives. Glad to have gotten out of there.

Warp
07-03-2011, 10:20

Same here. I actually spend a lot of time with the gun in the car as I spend time on a college campus (legal in car in GA but nowhere else). It's a 642 and I sometimes slip into a pocket before I get out of the car anywhere other than campus. I've been meaning to get a pocket holster so I can do that more often/more safely, I think I will go ahead and do that. Just a basic uncle mikes perhaps...

alba666
07-03-2011, 13:32
and this is why I believe it's my moral duty to utilize my CCW permit every where I can

:agree:

NAC
07-03-2011, 18:53
Two shots to the gut at what...450 foot pounds per square inch, to the GUT? I think this is likely to stop an attack RIGHT THEN.

One would think so but let's ask Trooper Coates. Oh wait, we can't he was murdered by Richard Blackburn after he pumped five 145gr .357 magnum rounds, hmm approximately 1000 ft/lbs into Blackburn's gut at contact distance. Point is don't trust handgun calibers to stop threats no matter where the shot is placed other than the brain stem.

Edit: RIP Mark Coates

Warp
07-03-2011, 18:56
One would think so but let's ask Trooper Coates. Oh wait, we can't he was murdered by Richard Blackburn after he pumped five 145gr .357 magnum rounds, hmm approximately 1000 ft/lbs into his gut at contact distance. Point is don't trust handgun calibers to stop threats no matter where the shot is placed other than the brain stem.

Yes. But one example of why shot placement is critical.

:fallenofficer:

NAC
07-03-2011, 19:03
Yes. But one example of why shot placement is critical.

:fallenofficer:

I completely agree!!

dac1204
07-03-2011, 19:18
When I stop to get gas I always pull up to the last pump and place my vehicle where I can stand at the back and pump gas. That way if a confrontation were to happen I would not be standing where he was. I would have time and distance behind the vehicle.

He was cornered in with no where to go. If he had been at the back he could have moved away (although he did not have his gun on him) and been more prepared.

Just a thought

mikegun
07-03-2011, 21:33
The op did a great job, considering the situation....glad to see all is ok with him, i dont think we need lecture him about not having the gun with him, he readily admits he made a mistake....

IndyGunFreak
07-03-2011, 21:37
One would think so but let's ask Trooper Coates. Oh wait, we can't he was murdered by Richard Blackburn after he pumped five 145gr .357 magnum rounds, hmm approximately 1000 ft/lbs into Blackburn's gut at contact distance. Point is don't trust handgun calibers to stop threats no matter where the shot is placed other than the brain stem.

That was one of those most disturbing shooting videos I ever saw. Unfortunately, Coates just got to lax, and made some pretty serious errors on that stop, that ultimately cost him his life.

That's one video that has stuck w/ me for a long time...

RIP Trooper Coates.

IGF

Warp
07-03-2011, 21:39
That's one video that has stuck w/ me for a long time...

Same.

And then some.

Toorop
07-04-2011, 00:45

I agree. The man probably practiced a lot with his firearm.