Does anyone have a Glock sight tool? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Glock sight tool?

Inkognito
07-03-2011, 07:56
Anyone have a Glock sight adjustment tool for loan or rent?

emore
07-03-2011, 08:21
It would probably help if you stated where you are. Few people are going to want to ship their tools across the ocean, or even the country, but someone might just meet you where you live and help you out. If they knew where that was. Just sayin'...

Davegrave
07-03-2011, 08:28
Yeah, no offense but it's your first post. No one know's you, you'll be hard pressed to find someone to ship you an $100+ tool.

You'd probably have to send them the full replacement price as a security deposit. I know that's what I'd want unless it was someone I REALLY recognized from around here.

Dave

emore
07-03-2011, 08:35
Yeah, no offense but it's your first post. No one know's you, you'll be hard pressed to find someone to ship you an $100+ tool.

You'd probably have to send them the full replacement price as a security deposit. I know that's what I'd want unless it was someone I REALLY recognized from around here.

Dave

And it's hard not to notice that forum name! I can't say that it really instills a lot of trust.

Gallium
07-03-2011, 10:01

Dave

I assumed the OP meant face to face use...

And it's hard not to notice that forum name! I can't say that it really instills a lot of trust.

?? What do you mean, emore?

'Drew

Butch
07-03-2011, 10:44
Anyone have a Glock sight adjustment tool for loan or rent?
Sure! Come on over! :)

Also, if you're relatively new to Glocks and are shooting 4 to 6 inches low and left, the sight tool won't help.....better to read my blog.

Welcome to GlockTalk!

Davegrave
07-03-2011, 11:16
I assumed the OP meant face to face use...

?? What do you mean, emore?

'Drew

Well face to face you'd think he'd mention a location. If he's near me he can certainly use mine. I'd even be happy to put them on for him if he sent me his slide. You're one of the few I'd happily loan it to by mail, but with as many Glocks as you have I'm betting you have your own, or someone who does it for ya. :supergrin:

And as for what emore meant, just my guess here, but I assumed he was joking that inkognito sounds shady e.g. purposely concealing ones true identity. :whistling:

tahco gunworks
07-03-2011, 11:50
I've installed 100's without any thing more than a soft jaw vice, a piece of hard wood, and a small brass hammer.

The tool is not needed... Go slow, us some EP grease, and you're good to go.

Inkognito
07-03-2011, 12:37
Its actually for my brother, he has a new Glock 19 and he wants to replace the rear sight. I am a SIG man myself. On the SIG forum and the FAL Files there are plenty of people including myself who send our tools to people we do not know. I've had a SIG sight adjustment tool for a few weeks that someone sent me that I don't know. I'll be sending it back to him this week. I did not think about this being my first post here.

Bushflyr
07-03-2011, 15:54
I don't have a pusher, but I've replaced a ton of sights with, like tahko, a dowel and a hammer. There's really no need for a pusher.

Chowser
07-03-2011, 20:00
Where are u from? Try using the sig sight pusher before u send it back. I have the original glock sight tool and it doesnt fit the 10/45 slides so i ended up using my hk sight pusher to install sights for a coworker. It wasnt a direct fit but it was good enough to get the sights on

Inkognito
07-03-2011, 20:59
We did try the SIG tool but it does not work. I have also used a hammer and wood dowel or brass punch, but that did not even come close to working for the SIG. It was so tight I had to have the pusher tool. I'll try the dowel method on my brother's Glock and see how that goes. Thanks for the info.