g26 holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : g26 holster

rooster31
07-03-2011, 21:04
hello all, i'm just about to pick up a g26 to conceal carry, and was looking for holsters that work well. i've looked through some old posts and found a few ideas but was looking for some more ideas from people who have a 26, and know what works well and what doesnt work well. thanks.

Dexter
07-03-2011, 21:10
www.shieldedholsters.com

Chowser
07-03-2011, 21:16
What method of carry do you expect to use?

I carry my Glock 33 daily (same size as your 26).

For pocket carry, i use a Desantis Nemesis.

for IWB, I use a Galco Deep Cover

for OWB, I was using a Galco Matrix with paddle.

I am in myrtle beach this week and am currently testing an XConcealment holster for OWB. It's a belt loop instead of a paddle and so far it's been good. It's high and tight enough. i still have to use an extra shirt because with a t-shirt, it still prints (just like the Matrix). If I t-shirt only, i will use the Deep Cover for IWB or pocket carry.

I borrowed a coworkers ankle holster and it was horrible for me.

bjesse60
07-04-2011, 07:18
For IWB I recommend the Comp-Tac MTAC, I am using one with a 5.11 nylon belt for my 27. Works well :cool:

RMD
07-04-2011, 07:23
IWB - either a Crossbreed Supertuck or MTAC.

OWB - I've found the Glock Sport/Combat to conceal like no other (plus it's about as inexpensive as it gets). I also carry in a Don Hume 721OT - very comfy and good concealment.

Bill Lumberg
07-04-2011, 07:31
OWB generally tends to conceal just as well and is a little more comfortable than IWB, but a novice can conceal effectively IWB, where OWB takes a little more knowhow. The glock sport holster is an OWB I recommend to everyone starting out or looking around. Remember- no holster will perform well unless it's worn on a proper gunbelt.

emore
07-04-2011, 07:34
Remora. IWB with no clips. The best holster you'll forget you're wearing.

aujrb
07-04-2011, 07:41
When I carry my G26, it's usually in a Fobus ankle holster. The holster is ok.

I was looking for something relatively inexpensive to try ankle carry and it fit the bill. Now I'm eyeing a Triad for ankle.

When I carry at the waist, I will step up to my G23 in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

That Remora is interesting, though.........

lethal tupperwa
07-04-2011, 07:47
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K7.htm

the thinest most adjustable one--with a j-hook.

gocubs6
07-04-2011, 08:15

This one looks pretty sweet if it works. I'm thinking about rolling the dice for $30.

truthsayer
07-04-2011, 09:19
For IWB, it's hard to beat the Blade-Tech Phantom. OWB, I like the Sport/Combat.

zigzagg321
07-04-2011, 09:22
MTAC from Comp-Tac, I really like mine for the G26

Fragman
07-04-2011, 09:26
Another Comptac MTAC user here.

Veedubklown
07-04-2011, 09:34
There's a million posts on here about what conceal carry holster for the 26, gotta come up at least once a week. However, what there isn't, is a list of holsters that don't work. Here's my experience on what not to do.

Single clip In-Waste-Band holsters made of nylon/felt or the combination. Dont do it. They are typically sold at the sporting good stores, for a seemingly economical value. They tend to fold under the trigger guard when inserted, and make a nasty situation, where your gun is 1/2 hanging out, and you have a roll of thick nylon stuck in the trigger guard.

They can be re-holstered properly, with some practice. However, if your going to carry a gun, you better practice with it. Good idea to wear your carry holster when you go to practice, to work on draw/fire. Trying to do this when you have to take 30 seconds, 2 hands, and stare at your waste the whole time to do it, is annoying. I have a couple, 1 was givin to me, 1 I use for a .38 for a bed holster. The one unused collects dust in a drawer of abandoned holsters.

Bill Lumberg
07-04-2011, 09:40
Spot on. Single clip holsters suck.

atl3axj
07-04-2011, 09:50
This one looks pretty sweet if it works. I'm thinking about rolling the dice for $30.

I carry CW9 in Remora. I have no complaints but I've nevertried anything else. I do want to get a Fist holster for my 19 or something better so I'll be watching this thread.

gophert
07-04-2011, 09:54
www.kholster.com

HexHead
07-04-2011, 10:09
Spot on. Single clip holsters suck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/scat999999/f3cd2bde.jpg?t=1296252743

Galco Ultra Deep Cover. I have no complaints about it. Just got a similar one for my Detective Special. And I only liked the Versa-Max 2 for IWB carry before.

Veedubklown
07-04-2011, 10:18
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/scat999999/f3cd2bde.jpg?t=1296252743

Galco Ultra Deep Cover. I have no complaints about it. Just got a similar one for my Detective Special. And I only liked the Versa-Max 2 for IWB carry before.

Wasn't talking about this at all. Glaco makes great stuff.

Basically, don't get a cloth holster with an unsupported mouth. Leather, from my experience, tends to be stiched heavy around the mouth, so even if it collapses, it won't fold over when trying to reholster. You can usually even do them 1 handed.

I mean, this.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/veedubklown/Firearms/2011-07-04_09-16-46_868.jpg

elde
07-04-2011, 10:23
Just ordered my second Remora holster yesterday. Best holster I've found for IWB carry. Holds the gun tight, completely stable and priced right. Only regret is that I wish I'd found it prior to collecting the large box full of unacceptable random holsters - some of them quite pricey - in my closet.

http://www.remoraholsters.com/Home_Page.html

Chief Joseph
07-04-2011, 10:52
I use a Fist Kydex Clip holster for my 27 and my Kahr CM9. Love those.

BigA
07-04-2011, 11:14
Ive been thinking bout those N8 2 Tactical holsters. Check out thier web site.

FiremanMike
07-04-2011, 11:15
For IWB I recommend the Comp-Tac MTAC, I am using one with a 5.11 nylon belt for my 27. Works well :cool:

I've been through a few IWB holsters and the MTAC is superior to all. I really love mine and would recommend it to anyone.

Willieboy
07-04-2011, 13:47
I like Comp-Tacs Infidel or Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for the G26. One for 2 o'clock and one for 4 o'clock carry.

tankermw
07-04-2011, 13:57
Ive been thinking bout those N8 2 Tactical holsters. Check out thier web site.

I like mine alot.

AGAF
07-04-2011, 14:55
Spot on. In my opinion.....Single clip holsters suck.

Fixed this for you. Better to make it clear what your OPINION is rather than make it sound like a statement of fact. I couldn't disagree more with my single clip N82. Its the most comfortable IWB I've ever tried....my opinion of course!!!!

hikerpaddler
07-04-2011, 17:46
Actually, as compared to quality two clip/loop holsters, he was quite correct. Mostly a stability issue. Before I knew better, a couple of decades ago, a couple of my first holsters were single clip. Singularly inadequate.

Electrikkoolaid
07-04-2011, 18:08
I have a Parker Holster for my G19, but the same holster fits the G26:

http://i.imgur.com/8irnP.jpg

It is easily the equal, and more comfortable than, the CrossBreed Supertuck or my MTAC due to the felt liner on the back which really cuts down on the sweat:

http://i.imgur.com/qfZXx.jpg

So far it has been excellent, but the best part is it was about $40!

That is half the price of the above holsters, and I got mine in 4 days (yes, days - not weeks.)

http://i.imgur.com/hMJnc.jpg

I have no vested interest in the company, but I consider it one of the smarter gun purchases I've made.

Very enthusiastic endorsement from me! :cool:

I ordered mine from The Concealment Source (http://stores.ebay.com/The-Concealment-Source).

AGAF
07-04-2011, 18:11
Actually, as compared to quality two clip/loop holsters, he was quite correct. Mostly a stability issue. Before I knew better, a couple of decades ago, a couple of my first holsters were single clip. Singularly inadequate.

Wow, you guys don't seem to understand the definition of "opinion". What may seem "inadequate" to you, may be quite stable to someone else. You just can't make blanket statements like this and think that they will apply to each and every person. Your use/needs may differ from that of someone else.

Bill Lumberg
07-04-2011, 18:13
I certainly thought they were adequate when I first began carrying.

FatPants
07-04-2011, 18:21
For all day comfort, the crossbreed supertuck deluxe is the ticket. LOVE mine, wouldnt trade it for the world.

rattlehead55
07-04-2011, 20:02

It is easily the equal, and more comfortable than, the CrossBreed Supertuck or my MTAC due to the felt liner on the back which really cuts down on the sweat:

That is half the price of the above holsters, and I got mine in 4 days (yes, days - not weeks.)

I have no vested interest in the company, but I consider it one of the smarter gun purchases I've made.

I ordered mine from The Concealment Source (http://stores.ebay.com/The-Concealment-Source).
How is drawing from that?

Electrikkoolaid
07-04-2011, 21:13
How is drawing from that?

It has decent retention, kind of "snaps" in and out.

It's pretty much the same as a CBST and a MTAC, just half the price and no two month wait for shipping.

DaneA
07-04-2011, 22:11
Fixed this for you. Better to make it clear what your OPINION is rather than make it sound like a statement of fact. I couldn't disagree more with my single clip N82. Its the most comfortable IWB I've ever tried....my opinion of course!!!!

Wow, you guys don't seem to understand the definition of "opinion". What may seem "inadequate" to you, may be quite stable to someone else. You just can't make blanket statements like this and think that they will apply to each and every person. Your use/needs may differ from that of someone else.

Calm down. Take your meds. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ON A MESSAGE BOARD IS OPINION. We all know this going into it, except for you it seems. :faint: :panties:

For all day comfort, the crossbreed supertuck deluxe is the ticket. LOVE mine, wouldnt trade it for the world.

This is the ticket here. I wear mine everyday all day.

FatPants
07-04-2011, 22:38

The trouble I see with this, and other holsters like it, is that you cannot get a full firing grip on the pistol before clearing the holster. My CBST was the same way, until I combat cut it. I would have to draw, then re-adjust my grip before firing.

kmb
07-04-2011, 22:56
+1 for the Glock Sport Combat. I've been using one with my G27 for a couple weeks now, concealing at around 3:00 with an untucked t-shirt. My wife doesn't know I'm carrying unless she asks or checks my right hip.

Electrikkoolaid
07-05-2011, 07:12
The trouble I see with this, and other holsters like it, is that you cannot get a full firing grip on the pistol before clearing the holster. My CBST was the same way, until I combat cut it. I would have to draw, then re-adjust my grip before firing.

I dunno. I "pop" it up with 3 fingers by pressing against the leather with my thumb, and then grab it fully.

It may be 1/4 second slower than a combat cut style, but it is much more comfortable not having the gun poking into my love handles. (Speed is an unavoidable trade off when it's covered by clothes anyway.)

My MTAC (for an XD45c) has that kind of cut, and I noticed this one was more comfortable during actual daily use. (As a left-hander, I frequently bump the gun into the door pillar in my car when I get in and out, and the extra leather helps.)

hardbargin
07-05-2011, 07:20
kramer. none come close.

Eber_Rabb
07-05-2011, 07:48
Well made, minimalist, comfortable and easily affordable. Retention easily adjustable and re-holstering not a problem. Non-lined, but who cares - it's a Glock! Nothing but satisfied here.

http://www.pjholster.com/

NavyFan
07-14-2011, 12:25
In Ohio, if you're in your car and the gun is on your person, it must be in a holster in "plain sight." So, where do you holster it that a LEO could not claim it was not in plain sight if he wanted to give you a hard time. Ankle holster? No. IWB? No. Shoulder holster? A pain every time you get out of the car! Strapped to your thigh? Kind of wild sight. What do you guys do?

Thanks

RMD
07-14-2011, 12:55
In Ohio, if you're in your car and the gun is on your person, it must be in a holster in "plain sight." So, where do you holster it that a LEO could not claim it was not in plain sight if he wanted to give you a hard time. Ankle holster? No. IWB? No. Shoulder holster? A pain every time you get out of the car! Strapped to your thigh? Kind of wild sight. What do you guys do?

Thanks

That's crazy.

Does it have to be on your person? Could you work up some sort of "holster-on-the-console" type of rig for when you're driving?

Chowser
07-14-2011, 14:54

Thanks

Plain sight rule has been removed.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/files/Publications/Publications-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-Publications/2009-Concealed-Carry-Laws-Booklet.aspx

oh, even before the plain sight rule, i never bothered anyone i stopped if it wasn't in plain sight. if they have the gun on them (very rare that i find someone with a permit that is carrying, they usually leave it at home ?? ). I ask them where it is and just tell them to leave it there.

debbert
07-14-2011, 17:15

Thanks

I believe that will be changing on Sept 30 when the new law takes effect.

G17gen3
07-14-2011, 17:21
Galco summer comfort; I don't really notice wearing it as it is so comfortable (driving, walking, occasionaly little jogs, etc). About 50 bucks and worth every penny.

Chowser
07-14-2011, 18:14
from the Ohio CCW manual, last revision 3/24/11

Transporting in Motor Vehicles
The transportation of loaded, concealed handguns in motor vehicles is permitted, but strict obligations are imposed by the law to protect you and law enforcement. These obligations apply to drivers and occupants. These obligations do not apply if you are storing a firearm for any lawful purpose and it is not on your person or you are lawfully storing or possessing a firearm in your home.
You may not have a loaded handgun in the vehicle if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you have a concealed carry permit, you may not transport a loaded, concealed handgun in a vehicle unless it is carried in one of the following ways:

• The loaded handgun is in a holster secured on the person. Ohio law
previously required carrying firearms in a holster in plain sight. The
“plain sight” provision has been removed from the law.
• The loaded handgun is in a closed case, bag, box, or other
container that is in plain sight and that has a lid, a cover, or a closing
mechanism with a zipper, snap, or buckle, which lid, cover or
closing mechanism must be opened for a person to gain access to
the handgun, or
• The loaded handgun is securely encased by being stored in a closed,
glove compartment or console, or in a case that is locked.

up1911fan
07-14-2011, 18:27
For my G26 I use a Kramer #3, Kramer Belt Scabbard, Comp Tac MTAC and a Blade Tech NANO.

HKLovingIT
07-14-2011, 19:51
hello all, i'm just about to pick up a g26 to conceal carry, and was looking for holsters that work well. i've looked through some old posts and found a few ideas but was looking for some more ideas from people who have a 26, and know what works well and what doesnt work well. thanks.

I have the following:

Desantis Nemesis Pocket holster: works just fine. I like it. Breaks up the outline well, comfortable. Would buy again.

Raven Concealment OWB Kydex: I have the IWB attachments for it also. I like it pretty well but I've moved to leather for OWB. This is now setup as an IWB holster, but I'm still kind of 'ehh' on it. Iffy whether I would buy again. I think there are now many competitors offering same thing with faster delivery and better price.

Galco Fletch: Leather Thumbreak OWB. I like it a lot. Comfortable, good angle, wears nice. There are many similar type holsters at various prices but I like the Fletch. Would buy again. Don Hume and Desantis have similar models that are nice as far as off the shelf.

Comptac MTAC: IWB hybrid leather and Kydex. I use this one a lot except when it's real hot like now. Then I prefer all Kydex IWB. Would buy again.

Comptac Infidel: IWB all Kydex with body shield. It's pretty good if a little on the thick side. Has adjustable retention. It's sort of like a Kydex version of the Galco Summer Comfort but with a body shield, and all Kydex. I use it for casual dress in hot weather. I would probably [80%] buy again. I got mine with the loops. There are other attachments like a clip. Some dudes have taken the MTAC C-clips and put them on there. I haven't tried mine like that yet but I might if I get time and inclination to fool with it.

Galco Summer Comfort: Leather IWB with loops. I don't really care for it, a lot of people like it. Would not buy again. It might actually be better with something like a G19.

Glock Sport Combat: was like $10, so why not have one. OWB Poly-Muhr :rofl: I don't really use it but I have it around because it's pretty damage proof and able to be used ambidextrous if I ever have a need. Lots of people swear by them. Would buy again.

Some Bianchi: Some Bianchi IWB leather I got in a discount bin. It's like the summer comfort with belt loops but has a body shield and the loops are off to the side of the main holster body some so it should sit thinner in the waistband. I haven't really given it a fair shake yet. Getting to it.

Fobus Paddle: Random purchase out of the bargain bin. Just for range use or giving a loaner to my brother. Would buy again. It's actually pretty okay but I would not CC with it.

SERPA: Have one around. Will no longer use for various reasons. Nothing to do with it getting 'clogged' with dirt or snow but it's pretty impossible for me to do an offhand draw from it. It is pretty secure though and it's a fast draw. [Just ask Tex] However, it's pretty blocky on the belt. I would only consider using it for open carry, but I don't so it sits in a drawer. Would not buy again. I would instead look at the 5.11 Thumb Drive the Desantis? Facilitator or a Safariland if I wanted something of the type.

That's all I can think of right now.

I'm still looking for 'the one' in terms of IWB holster. MTAC probably comes closest in that respect.
I have found 'the one' with the Galco Fletch for OWB holster. Or at least the type that I like OWB.

sciolist
07-14-2011, 20:26
Phoenix Stronghold.

magpie maniac
07-14-2011, 20:34

^^ :thumbsup: ^^

Best holster for the money. I have a box full of well-known holster brands that failed to satisfy. The Remora did it for me. It's so versatile and comfortable. Pocket carry? No problem. IWB? Sure. You can even adjust the cant, ride, etc. and that gun of yours stays put, too. I love this thing.

Shadyscott69
07-14-2011, 20:43
kramer. none come close.

:rofl::rofl: