New Holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Holster

nevnut
07-04-2011, 07:13
So after a few months consideration between about 3 or 4 holsters, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Minotaur MTAC Holster yesterday. Any one have any experience with these? I was kind of leaning towards the Crossbreed but didn't like how much area it covered. I bought a high quality belt a couple weeks ago so I'm all set there.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

Fedor
07-04-2011, 07:36
It looks nice.

nevnut
07-04-2011, 08:45
Yes it looks nice but that's not why I bought it. It took me almost a year to decide which one to get and now that I ordered, I'm having second thoughts. I kind of wanted a full leather one but the one I wanted was about $40 more than I wanted to spend right now. At least they have a 30 day no questions asked return.

Fedor
07-04-2011, 08:50
I just ordered a Glock Sport Combat Holster for less than $25.00 shipped.
I'm not gonna mess with IWB holsters.

Steel Head
07-04-2011, 09:17
So after a few months consideration between about 3 or 4 holsters, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Minotaur MTAC Holster yesterday. Any one have any experience with these? I was kind of leaning towards the Crossbreed but didn't like how much area it covered. I bought a high quality belt a couple weeks ago so I'm all set there.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

I love mine!
I originally bought it as a temp till I could afford a spendy leather rig.
It has performed so well for me that I'm now sticking eith it.
Awesome holster!

thefenux
07-04-2011, 13:29
I absolutely love my MTAC. I don't know how I got by without it. :)

I do have two recommendations though. First, don't be afraid to play with adjusting the cant and height. You may find, like I did, that a tiny adjustment can make a world of difference. Second, don't forget to Loc-Tite the screws when you do so. You'll save yourself some major annoyance trying to find the screw you lost like I did.

Willieboy
07-04-2011, 13:42
I had an MTAC for a PM9 and didn't like it much. I passed it on to anothet PM9 owner and he passed it on to a third. It just seemed like too much holster for that wee gun. It might be better with a larger gun where all that leather might be more important.

I like Comp-Tacs CTAC and Infidel holsters and use those, plus a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for most of my guns. These seem to serve me well with varying weather and wardrobe requirements.

nevnut
07-09-2011, 15:28
Got my holster yesterday so I've only worn it for a few hours but so far I'm totally loving it. Drove around doing errands, jumping in and out of the truck numerous times. It stayed where it's suppose to and was quite comfortable. I'll give more info as I get it broke in but so far I would highly recommend this holster.

Golddog
07-09-2011, 17:31
Great holster, for comfort, concealment, and speed, Mine carries a full size CZ 75B.

Deye76
07-11-2011, 18:04
I carry a 39 in a MTAC, with a good belt comfortable all day. Even in the 90F heat we've been having. Conceals with just a t-shirt.

nevnut
07-31-2011, 08:06
Just a quick update - product review of my MTAC. Had to travel to Idaho Friday evening with my wife, her brother, and his wife to try and resolve some family issues. My sis-in-law is certifiably nuts and can be very violent and would probably kill me and my bro-in-law if given the chance so I was definitely loaded. I carried for 12 hours yesterday day in 100 degree heat with 3 hours of that sitting in a car. My new holster only started to bother me just little bit towards the very end of the day so I'm very happy and pleased with it. I highly recommend it.

:perfect10:

EAJuggalo
08-03-2011, 07:04
It's my holster of choice for long days or carrying heavy metal. When I'm carrying little revolvers or pocket pistols there are other holster choices that make more sense to me but when I've got the 21SF on me, almost always it's in an MTAC.

OMG its Jason
08-03-2011, 09:14
I have the crossbreed for my 39 and I really like it, however I'm with willieboy. It is a lot of holster. With that said, the infidel is on the way. I will still use the CB I'm sure.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

cowboy1964
08-03-2011, 12:16
I just ordered a Glock Sport Combat Holster for less than $25.00 shipped.
I'm not gonna mess with IWB holsters.

So DO you have any experience with MTACs? That was the original question.