Comcast Constant Guard [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Constant Guard

rfrf
07-05-2011, 04:43
What feedback does anyone have comparing Comcast Constant Guard to Comcast Norton Security Suite. Constant Guard seems to offer the same security as Norton Security Suite with Identity Safe. I appreciate your input.

Thanks,

rfrf

Pierre!
07-05-2011, 06:47
What OS run on this network? Just one Windows 7? or more computers with mixed versions?

rfrf
07-05-2011, 17:50
I am running XP and Windows 7.

Pierre!
07-05-2011, 18:05
Cox Cable has a package that I can use...

But as a home based business, I use Microsoft Security Essentials... and I recommend it highly. It's caught alot of bugs, and Win 7 has stopped many many viruses via the UAC (User Access Control)

I also have Avast! home edition running on some of my non-business (Lab) computers. Works well also, and has a cool 'sandbox' feature. When Avast! doesn't know the software, it puts it in a sandbox which can un-do things that you didn't intend to install.

Those are my recommendations for Virus.

For Malware I just run MalwareBytes from MalwareBytes.org when I suspect something might have slipped in, or during regular maintenance (2 to 3 times a month).

Suites have a habit of *nagging* users who then turn off the alerts! Then, the alerts are never seen... and I get called out to a massively infected computer that really just needs to be 'Nuked From Space' and then re-installed.

But all of this is in my free eBook if you care to check it out... it's in my sig line...

Hope that gets you off to a good start!
Patrick

solomansousana
07-06-2011, 11:42
Cox Cable has a package that I can use...

But as a home based business, I use Microsoft Security Essentials... and I recommend it highly. It's caught alot of bugs, and Win 7 has stopped many many viruses via the UAC (User Access Control)

I also have Avast! home edition running on some of my non-business (Lab) computers. Works well also, and has a cool 'sandbox' feature. When Avast! doesn't know the software, it puts it in a sandbox which can un-do things that you didn't intend to install.

Those are my recommendations for Virus.

For Malware I just run MalwareBytes from MalwareBytes.org when I suspect something might have slipped in, or during regular maintenance (2 to 3 times a month).

Suites have a habit of *nagging* users who then turn off the alerts! Then, the alerts are never seen... and I get called out to a massively infected computer that really just needs to be 'Nuked From Space' and then re-installed.

But all of this is in my free eBook if you care to check it out... it's in my sig line...

Hope that gets you off to a good start!
Patrick

Yes, I too use Cox cable and they provide you with free McAfee security suite, as does my bank since I use online banking. I however use both a watchguard firebox, a hardware firewall along with an alpha shield and NIS 2011.

Pierre!
07-06-2011, 12:28
I used to be a big McAfee fan boy... and they recently started posting decent scores Here: AVTest.org (http://avtest.org/)

So... now you know where you can go to see how your AV selection stacks up!

Hope that helps...

Patrick