Minotaur Spartan Holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Minotaur Spartan Holster

stevo1001
07-05-2011, 19:53
Any one ever use this holster... and how do you like it.

any advantage in spending the extra on the mtak for 85.00

FyreCalG17
07-05-2011, 19:56
Wondering about those two holsters also. Waiting to read what members have to say. Any pics would be appreciated.

AggieGlock
07-05-2011, 19:57
I carry my 19 in one and love it. Don't have the MTAC to compare to, but I don't see how it could be much better.

Selling points for me were - MTAC design, slightly thinner, cheaper.

No regrets.

I hope someone comes along who has both to give you a fair response.

kashdaddy
07-05-2011, 20:05
Go with the MTAC. Love it, comp-tac are some of the most comfortable holsters on the planet. you can adjust the cant, move them up, down, ride position, tuck your shirt inside your pants, change bodies, change clips, etc. The spartan is an economy version, but offer the same features.........only difference is cosmetic.........better grain of leather with the MTAC and the fasteners are covered and overall looks much nicer. The leather is also finished fully. Either one, you cant go wrong........if you can afford it, spend the extra and get the MTAC. Also try out their belts as well and the mag pouches......love the tec-loc mag pouch

FuturePharmD
07-05-2011, 20:10
I tried the mtac on at a local gun shop to carry my 36 and it was very nice. I ordered the horse hide holster from Theisholsters and figured with his 2 week guarantee I could return it if I didn't like it as well as the mtac. I have kept the Theis holster, I feel it is more comfortable and better fit for me.

stevo1001
07-05-2011, 20:17
ya i watched the review on the mtac and it has the swon edge but the spartan looks like the super tuck with out the swon edge

kashdaddy
07-05-2011, 20:27
The comp-tac will take about a month of everyday use to break in properly. You may need to adjust it, wear it, re-adjust it, wear it...........until you find your comfort.

I have tried basically all the holsters and love the comp-tac. Tried the blackhawk, bladetech, galco, glock holsters, and many other custom holsters.

DO NOT ever get holsters by http://www.theholsterstore.com/ they are thick and bulky and like a cardboard box. No shape what so ever. Customer service sucks. Guy there is a big ass and think that once he sells a holster then his job is over and its either you like it or go to hell. I currently have a black leather one and if anyone would like it for FREE then all they need to do is pay for shipping. Their mag pouch sucks too, when you sit in the car, it comes loose. Poor stitching too.

Tommy Hanrahan
07-05-2011, 23:33
Minotaur is the titz. I too have tried one of just about everything and the Comp-Tac is the winner. Great service, quick service, great communication after the order is placed. Matter of fact I just ordered a shell today for my Taurus 740. I tried the Crossbreed and prefer the Minotaur.

TACLOAD
07-05-2011, 23:36
The comp-tac will take about a month of everyday use to break in properly. You may need to adjust it, wear it, re-adjust it, wear it...........until you find your comfort.

I have tried basically all the holsters and love the comp-tac. Tried the blackhawk, bladetech, galco, glock holsters, and many other custom holsters.

DO NOT ever get holsters by http://www.theholsterstore.com/ they are thick and bulky and like a cardboard box. No shape what so ever. Customer service sucks. Guy there is a big ass and think that once he sells a holster then his job is over and its either you like it or go to hell. I currently have a black leather one and if anyone would like it for FREE then all they need to do is pay for shipping. Their mag pouch sucks too, when you sit in the car, it comes loose. Poor stitching too.

I second that! Have one for a Glock 17. POS. Hentalks a good game but all you get is junk. Free to a good home just pay shipping.

cowboy1964
07-06-2011, 07:45
If you can wait, comp-tac runs 5-20% discounts several times per year. Father's Day, July 4th, etc. Next one will probably be Veteran's Day but I'm just guessing.

kashdaddy
07-06-2011, 09:10
As TACLOAD stated, do not buy from www.theholsterstore.com

He also has an ebay shop and you can see the ten negative feedbacks that he got. He is very very rude. His ebay username is "thegunstore" (http://myworld.ebay.com/thegunstore)

His holsters are probably the WORSE that I had came across and his customer service is the worse too. As soon as you mention anything to him, he will cuss you out and use profanity. He talks a good game!

stevo1001
07-06-2011, 14:20
thanks guys... ya im guna see if my local gun shop has one or like one to try befor i buy

kashdaddy
07-06-2011, 19:14
If you can wait, comp-tac runs 5-20% discounts several times per year. Father's Day, July 4th, etc. Next one will probably be Veteran's Day but I'm just guessing.

can get them cheaper on ebay as well. they have a guy selling comp-tac that has minor defects and dont meet factory specs........such as wrong color threads on the stitching, etc. if you can deal with those minor blemishes (who is going to see it anyways, besides you) then you can get a good price.

thefenux
07-06-2011, 21:53
I borrowed a coworker's Spartan for about a month before I bought my MTAC. After having worn both for extended periods, I have to say I like the extra finish and leather on the MTAC a little better. For me at least, it was totally worth the bit of extra cash.

Doc8404
08-05-2011, 13:18
looking at the Spartan and MTAC online, it "appears" that the latter would be slightly thicker/bulkier...is that the case?

I bought a Tommy Theis but then had to buy clips like they use on the above holsters, so i might as well buy one of the holsters next!