First Gen Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First Gen Question

derbarbarian
07-05-2011, 22:25
Hey guy's I just sold my Glock 21 to a buddy from a local motorcycle forum and his brother is insisting it's a second generation Glock and I was told from the serial number being WB781US that since there are only 2 letters in front of the numbers that it's definitely a first generation glock and from the research I've done I have come to the same conclusion but I just wanted to make 100% sure. I know there was an area on here somewhere that had serial numbers and build date but I couldn't quite find the right page as there were so many search variables.. Any input would be really appreciated just so I can tell him whether it's a 1st or 2nd Generation. He's not mad at all just wants to make sure exactly what model it is. Thanks for any information.

JR
07-06-2011, 10:48
Serial numbers provide a range at best. Look at the frame to know for sure. Plain grip = Gen1, finger grips = Gen2, Finger grips and rail = Gen3, Removable grip panels = Gen4.

derbarbarian
07-06-2011, 12:52
See that's where the second gen throws me off because there's the Second gen 2.5 and that actually has finger grips I dont know if the easiest way to find out would be to call Glock?

JR
07-06-2011, 13:05
The description above will define the generation in layman terms.
The truth of the matter is, if it is not a full generation (.5), it dont count as a full improvment.

derbarbarian
07-06-2011, 14:19
Ah ok cool man thanks for the info really appreciate it!