New Screensaver causes mild disturbance to my morning routine - FUNNY! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Screensaver causes mild disturbance to my morning routine - FUNNY!

gemeinschaft
07-06-2011, 12:52
Last night, I installed a BSOD (BLue Screen of Death) screensaver to my Media Server in the Living Room which is running Ubuntu (flavor of Linux).

My girlfriend likes to get up with a cup of coffee before me and play some music while she reads the news and checks her e-mail.

So apparently, she turns on the TV to see the BSOD from the Media Server.

She woke me up already defensively proclaiming that she swears that she "didn't do anything, it was like that when I got up."

She apparently had taken the time to write down all of the errors that showed, some of them from Windows BSOD, Amiga, GPU Failure, Unix login failure, Microsoft MBR Failure, Apple IIe failure, Mac and some others...

She starts reading all of this to me while I am half asleep, while I try not to burst into laughter.

I walked into the living room and casually turned on the keyboard and hit the space bar... "OMG, you fixed it!!!! How did you do that???"

It made my morning. :rofl::rofl:

Pierre!
07-06-2011, 13:04
And you think you are getting away without a link to that screen saver???

THat was *awesome*...

Whenever I get that kind of opportunity I always turn slightly and say 'Silicon Fears Me'... and then we just start laughing...

What a nice way to wake up... and she had already written all the details down...

WoW - I can just see the international spouse computer training class -

"My Name is Gemeinschaft and Welcome to my Significant Other Computer Training and Discipline Class. You WILL write down all error codes from now on... Repeat after me..."
:rofl:

Nice... Very Nice... Gonna be a hard act to follow for sure!:supergrin:

IndyGunFreak
07-06-2011, 13:07
What you should have done, was modified it... make some long list of code, make sure it goes off while you're away, she calls you explaining the problem, etc.. Tell her to read the whole thing to you (which of course will take forever, you can fake your paying attention if you can do it w/o laughing)...

At the very end put something like "I cannot believe you read all of this to me...."

gemeinschaft
07-06-2011, 16:10
It's in the Synaptic Package Manager under "Xscreensaver-BSOD" for Linux, I am sure there is a comparable one for Windows.

The part I like about it is that it is not just screenshots of BSODs and failures, it is scrolling text just like you would see on a FAIL.

Classic!!!

IndyGunFreak
07-06-2011, 19:26
So I decided to have some fun w/ this, I just remote desktop'd my Dad's Ubuntu 11.04 box, and this is his new screensaver...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/IndyGunFreak/bsod.jpg

Angry Fist
07-06-2011, 19:38
Y'all are evil... just plain evil. I like it! :supergrin:

gemeinschaft
07-06-2011, 20:16
So I decided to have some fun w/ this, I just remote desktop'd my Dad's Ubuntu 11.04 box, and this is his new screensaver...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/IndyGunFreak/bsod.jpg

EVIL!!!

Who wants to bet that you get a phone call... LOL

Sgt. Schultz
07-06-2011, 20:23
What you should have done, was modified it... make some long list of code, make sure it goes off while you're away, she calls you explaining the problem, etc.. Tell her to read the whole thing to you (which of course will take forever, you can fake your paying attention if you can do it w/o laughing)...

At the very end put something like "I cannot believe you read all of this to me...."

If gemeinschaft isn't already sleeping on the couch that would put him there. :rofl:

gemeinschaft
07-06-2011, 20:27
If gemeinschaft isn't already sleeping on the couch that would put him there. :rofl:

Even if it earns a couple of nights on the couch, it was totally worth it.

You should have seen how grim her face was this morning. I thought someone had died. :tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

Obi Wan
07-07-2011, 06:34
Y'all are evil... just plain evil. I like it! :supergrin:
x20 !!! :rofl:

You guys are a hoot! :supergrin: