Any new laws in SC I need to know about? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any new laws in SC I need to know about?

harlenm
07-07-2011, 15:22
Traveling to Myrtle Beach, always bring a gun with me, and always keep in the glovebox, which is allowed in SC without a permit.

I know SC will recognize a FL permit, but not a FL non-resident permit. Has that changed yet?

Anything else new in the past year that I need to know about before traveling?

Thanks

Mudshark100
07-08-2011, 16:21
Nope. I don't think there is anything new this year.

harlenm
07-08-2011, 16:35
Guess it will have to stay in the glovebox or my hotel room. Stupid sled, they'll accept a Florida permit from a resident, but I have the same qualifications just live in a different state.

ejg225
08-03-2011, 10:48
S.C. Really isn't that picky. Yes, the laws you state are correct but I don't know any officers that would harass you over this technicality. That's my $0.02

Glockrunner
08-03-2011, 18:51
S.C. Really isn't that picky. Yes, the laws you state are correct but I don't know any officers that would harass you over this technicality. That's my $0.02

Well, I for one wouldn't want to go introduce myself to any either under those circumstances!

Enjot the stay at the beach and don't carry (follow the law). You'll do fine.

JPMuscle
08-04-2011, 03:05
I looked at this when I was traveling to myrtle beach a couple months ago.. I was under the impression from what I read SC grants reciprocity to FL permit holders and florida recognizes my home state of NY permits so by default SC grants reciprocity to NY permits. I dont recall reading anything stating non FL resident permits are not valid in SC

Glockrunner
08-04-2011, 05:59
I looked at this when I was traveling to myrtle beach a couple months ago.. I was under the impression from what I read SC grants reciprocity to FL permit holders and florida recognizes my home state of NY permits so by default SC grants reciprocity to NY permits. I dont recall reading anything stating non FL resident permits are not valid in SC

Are you off your rocker? Here is the link to SC SLED : http://www.sled.sc.gov/cwp.aspx?MenuID=CWP

"Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina, ..."

New York is not listed as a state we have RECIPROCITY with:

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming

dudehacker
08-04-2011, 06:13

FL Non Resident Permit/License is Valid in: AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, WY

You will notice that SC is NOT one of the states.