LF - Knoxville area Glock armorer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LF - Knoxville area Glock armorer

jimmym86
07-08-2011, 09:26
I'm looking for a friendly local Glock armorer that would be so kind as to help me out.

My blue label (gssf coupon) 4thgen G19 came with a badly boogered-up rear sight. It looks like someone held a soldering iron to it. :( I called Glock today and said the turn around would be 6-8 weeks to have a new sight put on. So...I'm thinking about just ordering some factory night sites from Glock, and having a local Glock armorer install them.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

james.myers4@gmail.com
773-2269 txt or call

Thanks!
Jimmy

Akita
07-08-2011, 14:59
You can do it yourself easily enough. Just get a punch and knock out the bad sight. Then get a hardwood dowel or similiar (so as to not mar the sight) and tap it into place. I am a former Glock armorer and used to have the tool until I figured it was easier to do it that way.

Might I suggest putting some better sights on it while you are at it? I like the TruGlo with tritium which should run about $100.

Bubbiesdad
07-22-2011, 16:14
I'm looking for a friendly local Glock armorer that would be so kind as to help me out.

My blue label (gssf coupon) 4thgen G19 came with a badly boogered-up rear sight. It looks like someone held a soldering iron to it. :( I called Glock today and said the turn around would be 6-8 weeks to have a new sight put on. So...I'm thinking about just ordering some factory night sites from Glock, and having a local Glock armorer install them.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

james.myers4@gmail.com
773-2269 txt or call

Thanks!
Jimmy

close by. And they have a Glock Armorer.

http://tngunshop.com/