2nd Gen Slide/barrel on 3rd gen frame? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen Slide/barrel on 3rd gen frame?

pekosROB
07-08-2011, 12:17
Is it possible to put a G17 2nd gen slide/barrel on a 3rd gen frame without any modification? Can you even easily find 3rd gen frames?

A buddy of mine and I were trying to figure out the easiest way for him to attach a light on his 2nd gen G17. Any suggestions besides "holding a flashlight?" Thanks!

JR
07-08-2011, 12:36
1) Yes you can put a Gen2 slide on a Gen3 frame. If there is an issue it will be with the safety system. The best way to adress an issue is to upgrade the internal parts. Once you do the upgrade you essentially have a Gen3 slide.

2) No you can not easily find Gen3 frames. This is the reason LWD got into the replacement frame business. See a TimberWolf replacement frame here http://bit.ly/lRhjHF

3) Add on a rail? Forget it! My business is Glock pistols. I have been in the business from the beginning. Unfortunately, I have yet to see an adequate "add-on" rail system. If there was a worthy rail system we would offer it to our customers.

If you truly want a rail system purchase a Gen3 or Gen4 and be done with it. Anything less than the real thing will only disappoint you in the end.