what model Glock do you CCW and why? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : what model Glock do you CCW and why?

GlockTalk9
07-11-2011, 20:36
What made you decide on which model Glock to select for CCW? Do you have more than 1 Glock for sake of change or different guns for certain events/days/weather/etc? I am ready to make the jump on a sub-compact Glock but undecided which model would suit me best for ALL occasions. I plan to use a IWB all times.

I have my G17 for HD. It would make sense to go with a 9mm sub-compact but I honestly want more fire power if I am limited to 10 rounds or below. Thoughts?

DaneA
07-11-2011, 20:41
Go with a 26. Two rounds center mass of any caliber will usually solve any problem. It's more about placement than caliber.

Billy10mm
07-11-2011, 20:44
Glock 23. I love the .40S&W and the G23 just feels right in my hands. Always has, always will. Just so happens that the 23 is also an excellent sized gun for concealed carry so if I'm carry a Glock, it's a 23. (to be fair, the only other Glock I've owned were another 23 and a 19)

cs133atom
G23 compact is a great, very capable CCW weapon.

Billy10mm
Go with a 26. Two rounds center mass of any caliber will usually solve any problem. It's more about placement than caliber.

Not this crap again :faint:

HexHead
07-11-2011, 20:46
26 is my main carry weapon now. It's my most versatile handgun.

DaneA
Not this crap again :faint:

Why? He already has a 9mm, so why not keep it in the family.

jadickson

This.

Beanie-Bean
07-11-2011, 20:56
G27, G30SF, G33 are in carry rotation because of the heat here. When it gets colder, I'll switch over to the big guys. Just picked up a G26 recently, so that guy will be joining the CCW rotation after I install night sights on it.

If you've already got the G17, I'd recommend the 26, since it can use the same magazines & ammo.

plainshunter
07-11-2011, 21:08
G27 because it was given to us. My wife inherited it from her late father (ex LEO).

Billy10mm
07-11-2011, 21:09
Why? He already has a 9mm, so why not keep it in the family.

I'm just referring to the "size doesn't matter, it's all about shot placement" statement.

Larger bullets make bigger holes. Bigger holes lead to faster blood loss. Heavier bullets generally have more energy and penetrate deeper. Deeper penetration leads to increased chances of hitting vitals and also leads to more blood loss. A larger projectile may hit a major blood vessel that a smaller projectile might narrowly miss.

There are plenty of good reasons to own, shoot, and carry and 9mm firearm including but not limited to the price of 9mm ammunition, the added training ability that goes along with being able to purchase more rounds and being most comfortable with the recoil characteristics of that round, and as you stated being able to keep calibers consistent which in many ways leads back to reasons numbers 1 and 2.

But it absolutely kills me to see that old "size doesn't matter, shot placement is key" remark since it inherently implies that somehow my .40, .45, or 10mm is less accurate in my hands than an equivalent 9mm handgun would be and it generally makes no logical sense whatsoever for the reasons I outlined in my second paragraph in this post.

The FBI wrote it much more eloquently than I ever can: http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf

I'm truly sorry if that's not how you intended the statement, but I read it that way. I'll stop hijacking this thread now.

samuse
07-11-2011, 21:14
Carry the gun that you like shoot and carry the most.

For me it's the 19.

I prefer the fullsize but it prints too much when I carry and I can feel the back of my shirt draping over the gip. Annoying.

Tried a G-26. The barrel is so short that the muzzle rides high enough to get pressed right into my sciatic nerve. Not happenin'.

Been totin' a G-19 for years. It carries comfortably, shoots well enough and it's big enough for me to feel comfortable handling and small enough to conceal.

NewGlockShooter
07-11-2011, 21:38
I carry my g27 because my S&W 629 is a tad bulky.

milje
07-11-2011, 21:45
G19 because the shop had a very lightly used one for a good price, it carries well and nobody has noticed it yet, even better now that I found some longer shirts that I like. I'll probably get a G26 or G27 sometime because I occasionally do notice that my shirt has a very small bump in it if I twist just right.

FuturePharmD
07-11-2011, 21:50
I am 5'8" and 165. I carry my 36 IWB almost everywhere. I own several other 45 calibers so it made the most sense for me. I absolutely love it.

Glocklvr
07-11-2011, 22:03
G19, shoot it IDPA, makes sense to carry what you shoot.

Lior
07-11-2011, 22:49
G17. Legendary reliability, thin, lightweight, easy to carry, easy to shoot well, versatile (can also be used for IPSC or for SHTF as a carbine in a Roni conversion kit).
YMMV - some people will find other frame sizes more comfortable to shoot.

Edited to add: if I lived in a "ten round state", I would probably consider a G30.

BailRecoveryAgent
07-11-2011, 23:56
Glock 23. Why? I love the compact Glocks. I owned shot and carried a G19 for almost 10 years, it was my first carry gun. One day, I shot a G23 and realized that the super duper tough wrist breaking cartwheel muzzle flip and recoil that I'd heard so much about in the .40 caliber was a bunch of bologne. More recoil than 9mm, yes but no where near unmangageable.

I didn't feel undergunned with the 9mm and would have no issue carrying one now, I just wanted to try the bigger caliber. So I sold my G19, big mistake, wish I still had it too:crying:, and bought a G23. It would have been nice to have a 19 and a 23, you know what they say about hindsight...

Billy10mm
07-12-2011, 07:55
Glock 23. Why? I love the compact Glocks. I owned shot and carried a G19 for almost 10 years, it was my first carry gun. One day, I shot a G23 and realized that the super duper tough wrist breaking cartwheel muzzle flip and recoil that I'd heard so much about in the .40 caliber was a bunch of bologne. More recoil than 9mm, yes but no where near unmangageable.

I didn't feel undergunned with the 9mm and would have no issue carrying one now, I just wanted to try the bigger caliber. So I sold my G19, big mistake, wish I still had it too:crying:, and bought a G23. It would have been nice to have a 19 and a 23, you know what they say about hindsight...

I just had to tell you how much I LOL'd reading your sig. I read his post the other day and I thought that was one of the weirdest statements I'd ever read online. I'm glad you've quoted it for posterity!

gophert
07-12-2011, 08:33
G36 mostly, but sometimes the G26....But the G36 is just cooler! :tongueout:

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/Gophert/Glock1.jpg

BailRecoveryAgent
07-12-2011, 08:49
I just had to tell you how much I LOL'd reading your sig. I read his post the other day and I thought that was one of the weirdest statements I'd ever read online. I'm glad you've quoted it for posterity!

100% pure internet comedy gold.

vetmedglock30
07-12-2011, 09:03
<----- 45 has answer the question for more than 150 years

redbrd
07-12-2011, 09:18
I have carried a number of Glocks for CCW. The biggest selling factor is their reliability. I like the 26 for light summer clothing. My current preference is the 30sf because it is awesome (small, accurate, and .45). I have carried more than any other weapon CCW, and it is a great all around gun.
I like simple IWB holsters for CCW, (comptac Infidel or like model).

reppans
07-12-2011, 09:36
26 during warmer weather/single layers since my 19's butt sticks out when seated or bending over.

19 during colder weather/with extra layers cuz it has 5 more rounds.

Same holsters work for both.

crsuribe
07-12-2011, 09:57
I carry the G.20SF because I have a small wee wee.

zbusdriver
07-12-2011, 10:53
...But it absolutely kills me to see that old "size doesn't matter, shot placement is key" remark since it inherently implies that somehow my .40, .45, or 10mm is less accurate in my hands than an equivalent 9mm handgun would be and it generally makes no logical sense whatsoever for the reasons I outlined in my second paragraph in this post...:rofl:
take a pill!

Like the old retired Detroit cop who trained me for my carry permit said, "Shot placement is EVERYTHING!" He once had to shoot a fleeing felon (credibility). For conceal carry he pocket carries a .38 semi auto.

I also have a friend, from my military days, who is now a retired Detroit cop. He was instructed to block an intersection because of fleeing bank robbers. As the bad guys were trying to ram his squad car, he side-stepped them and fired two .44 caliber rounds through the windshield at the driver. One bullet penetrated the windshield passed through the driver and killed the robber in the back seat. The driver lived. So you're bigger is better argument is correct, in this case.:supergrin:

This guy carries a 9mm off-duty.

G27, all the way! Baby!:supergrin:
(size, caliber, feel and accuracy -- for me)
Buy the gun you feel the most comfortable with.

zbusdriver
07-12-2011, 10:54
I carry the G.20SF because I have a small wee wee.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bodyarmorguy
07-12-2011, 10:57
More often than not, a Glock 23 is my CCW, carried in a 5 Shot Leather IBS holster. On occasion, when circumstances require a tucked shirt and no jacket I find myself with a Glock 27 carried in a Galco Ankle Glove. Honestly, my preference is a 1911 platform in .45 acp, but I chose the two Glock options because my issued duty pistol is a Glock 22 and I prefer to maintain some consistency between on and off duty carry.

RRTX11
07-12-2011, 10:58
Gen IV Glock 19, it is compact and it goes bang every time i pull the trigger.

dkf
07-12-2011, 11:09
What made you decide on which model Glock to select for CCW? Do you have more than 1 Glock for sake of change or different guns for certain events/days/weather/etc? I am ready to make the jump on a sub-compact Glock but undecided which model would suit me best for ALL occasions. I plan to use a IWB all times.

I have my G17 for HD. It would make sense to go with a 9mm sub-compact but I honestly want more fire power if I am limited to 10 rounds or below. Thoughts?

IWB the G26 size Glocks carry extremly well and disapear even on smaller framed guys. Since you have a G17 already I would get the G26 for ammo and mag compatibility. Down the road you could round out the collection with a G19 if you see fit. I have a G32 and G33 I carry, usually carry the G33 most often.

Straight_Shooter
07-12-2011, 11:13
I carry the G.20SF because I have a small wee wee.
:rofl:
I carry the Gen4 G26. I guess that makes my wee wee smaller.

Toorop
07-12-2011, 11:14
For me it is the Glock 19. I like the 9mm caliber as I am more accurate with it then any other Glock calibers and I like the large capacity. I also like the quick follow up shots. But I do have a 17 and a 26 for when I can carry a larger gun or need a smaller gun. All of them are equipped with the Meprolite Night sights, an extended slide stop, and a grip plug.

Billy10mm
07-12-2011, 11:18
:rofl:
take a pill!

Like the old retired Detroit cop who trained me for my carry permit said, "Shot placement is EVERYTHING!" He once had to shot a fleeing felon (credibility). For conceal carry he pocket carries a .38 semi auto.

I have a second, friend from my military days, who is now a retired Detroit cop. He was instructed to block an intersection because of fleeing bank robbers. As the bad guys were trying to ram his squad car, he side-stepped them and fired two .44 caliber rounds through the windshield at the driver. One bullet penetrated the windshield passed through the driver and killed the robber in the back seat. The driver lived. So you're bigger is better argument is correct, in this case.:supergrin:

This guy carries a 9mm off-duty.

G27, all the way! Baby!:supergrin:
(size, caliber, feel and accuracy -- for me)
Buy the gun you feel the most comfortable with.

Shot placement is key but it surely isn't everything. If I hit someone right between the eyes with a spit ball it isn't going to kill him. A shot right to the heart with a 22LR may or may not penetrate the breast plate/ribs. Shot placement is absolutely KEY to stopping a threat but it surely isn't EVERYTHING, despite what a random Detroit police officer thinks.

randyr5
07-12-2011, 11:35
G26. 9mm using quality hollow-point ammo works for me.

up1911fan
07-12-2011, 11:37
G26 for concealment in the middle of summer, G19 most of the time, G38 during the winter for the bigger, heavier bullet.

Donn57
07-12-2011, 12:34
I no longer carry Glocks, but when I did, it was the G19 even though I also had a G26. I just didn't find the G19 that difficult to conceal.

Cheytac
07-12-2011, 12:41
36, or 19, or 23... Just depends on how I feel. But nearly 99% of the time it's the 36, because she said size matters... :supergrin:

BailRecoveryAgent
07-12-2011, 12:43
I no longer carry Glocks, but when I did...

Your first sentence reminded me of this guy.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c369/cjstoffel/graduation/XX.jpg

Ray26
07-12-2011, 13:15
For all day every day CC, G-26.. No worries..

mrsurfboard
07-12-2011, 13:28
Glock 36. Light, thin and a .45

toaddad
07-12-2011, 13:40
Glock 26--it's compact, very accurate, dead nuts reliable, and holds 10 + 1 rounds of 9mm hollowpoints.
glock 36--It's compact, flat, conceals well,

zbusdriver
07-12-2011, 13:48
Shot placement is key but it surely isn't everything. If I hit someone right between the eyes with a spit ball it isn't going to kill him. A shot right to the heart with a 22LR may or may not penetrate the breast plate/ribs. Shot placement is absolutely KEY to stopping a threat but it surely isn't EVERYTHING, despite what a random Detroit police officer thinks.His example was two Detroit police officers (married to each other) returned home late one evening. They parked in their driveway and when they got out of their car an armed assailant approached them with a hand gun. The husband pulled out his hand cannon and fired three shots (all missed) His wife drew her .22 and hit the bad guy COM which dropped him.

We could argue all day about the effectiveness of a larger caliber over another (and I am no expert), but that is pointless.

Be polite to everyone you meet and always carry a loaded handgun.:supergrin:

cloudbuster
07-12-2011, 14:05
G26 in cooler weather, Ruger LCR in hot weather. They both conceal fine under a T-Shirt but the LCR just hugs me a little bit better.

poodleplumber
07-12-2011, 15:35
My EDC is a Glock 26. It is the compromise I settled on between concealability and capacity, and it shoots very well. I personally do better with followup shots with 9 mm than other centerfire calibers. Viva la diferencia.

AGAF
07-12-2011, 16:00
G26 because I can shoot the lights out with it. I previously owned a .40 cal HK and was not nearly as accurate with it. Plus it is small and easy to conceal. (I'm very confident in my 124 gr +P JHP Gold Dots)

With that said, I will be purchasing a 4" 1911 in the next few months and plan on carrying it OWB during the winter months in an Alessi CQC-S. All 2 of them in Texas!!!!

cloudbuster
07-12-2011, 16:28
Shot placement is key but it surely isn't everything. If I hit someone right between the eyes with a spit ball it isn't going to kill him. A shot right to the heart with a 22LR may or may not penetrate the breast plate/ribs. Shot placement is absolutely KEY to stopping a threat but it surely isn't EVERYTHING, despite what a random Detroit police officer thinks.

No, of course not. At the low end you've got something like a .22 Short which practically is a spit ball -- there are .22 air rifles with more muzzle energy. Starting in the centerfire world, you have muzzle energies ranging from .32 auto at about 120 ft.-lb., through .380 and .38 SP in the ~200 range up through the big hitters: .357 magnum, 10mm and .357 Sig in the 600-700 range.

But, even a little .22 LR at about 50 ft.-lb. will easily penetrate a horse's thick skull and drop it instantly at point blank range. I've done it. They're all dangerous. It's just a matter of margins of error. Even .32 Auto gives you a much greater margin of error than .22LR.

In Handgun Stopping Power (http://www.amazon.com/Handgun-Stopping-Power-Definitive-Study/dp/0873646533/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310507955&sr=8-1), the one-stop-shot percentages for .32 Auto aren't much different than for standard pressure .38 SP.

Only a complete idiot laughs at a .22 pointed at his face.

The advice is always: shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well.

If that's .22LR, fine. Work up to something more powerful as you can.

I wasn't comfortable with .357 magnum when I first started, but I was comfortable with 9mm. I doubt I'll ever feel the need to go bigger than .357 magnum in a CCW. But on the other end, I'll probably never feel enough underpowered with my G26 to trade it for the marginal benefit a G27 might give me. I can still shoot 9mm better and faster than .357 magnum and I'd honestly prefer to have my G26 on me than my Ruger LCR .357 if I had to face more than one attacker, due to the ammo capacity, speed of follow-up shots and speed of reloading.

.45 ACP isn't hard to shoot and G36 is about as easy to carry as a G26. Just haven't felt the need to go there yet.

But, heck, carry a Glock in .357 Sig or 10mm if you really want to feel like you've armed yourself as well as possible short of a rifle. G33 and G29 are both pretty compact. If you're comfortable shooting them and you can afford the ammo for adequate training, there's no other reason not to.

Since this is a Glock thread, the caliber choices are all good: Glock doesn't make a pistol that's importable into the U.S. in a caliber that won't serve you just fine. (and even the little non-importable .380s would probably get the job done).

srkr
07-12-2011, 16:50
G36.

I didn't know Glock made other models.....

I'm kidding.

I tried carrying a Glock 23, Hurt my back. The G36 is the ideal cc gun, IMO.

If you haven't tried one, I suggest you do. You will be pleased.

Shane

jakebrake
07-12-2011, 16:52
17 or 22. depends on mood. but they both fit the king tuk (my master plan)

Nimbus Sol
07-12-2011, 16:57
G30 most of the time, sometimes G23 if I don't carry a spare mag. The Tennessee Carry permit covers open and/or concealed carry so I don't worry about minimal "painting." ,

Could that be a cell phone, smart phone, flashlight, etc. under the shirt? Seems to me I worried more about someone seeing the outline of the pistol than people actually looking for it... They don't, plus 45ACP Rocks!

tuica
07-12-2011, 17:10
G36 & G39...'cause they shoot big and heavy bullets. Cheers

dreis454
07-12-2011, 17:13
Carry Glock 36.....well 'cause its a .45 & at times when I am going out for a quick trip I'll throw my LC9 in my pocket.

Glock 21 does house duty.

Gold dots in everything.

tecate321
07-12-2011, 17:21
G36 cause 45acp has been stopping bad guys for over a 100 years+ ..and it only takes 1 round to stop someone....follow up shot is just wasting ammo.....

jeffyjeff
07-12-2011, 17:45

shot placement is king. penetration is queen.

bullet size is nearly irrelevant.

Warp
07-12-2011, 17:53
3rd Gen 19. It fits my hand, readily conceals, reliable, holds 16 rounds. If I could only have one gun this would be it.

G36 cause 45acp has been stopping bad guys for over a 100 years+ ..and it only takes 1 round to stop someone....follow up shot is just wasting ammo.....

This joke is a bit out of date.

ArizonaPhil
07-12-2011, 18:10
G19. Large enough to fight with and small enough to conceal.

McMillan
07-12-2011, 18:15
What is with a lot of folks here harping on handgun calibers lately? IT IS A HANDGUN NOT A RIFLE. Pick what you shoot the best or like the best period. There is not much difference between any calibers in the glock line. I would also recommend to stick with the 9mm because you already have one. Also i think it is more important to get out and train. Not just at the ole square range. (actual training) I have a Glock 19 that can usually go anywhere i want it to as far as concealment is concerned. But lately i have been getting the itch for a 26.

glkdawg45
07-12-2011, 18:18
:deadhorse:

cadillacguns
07-13-2011, 04:29
Reason one, Glock in .40.............G-23 or G-27 depending on where I am going.

93GT
07-13-2011, 11:29
Glock 34 if not sitting in a car for long trips, Glock 22 if I plan on sitting, but either will do. If I didn't have a personal issue with selling guns, I would probably just trade the 22 for a 17 to be honest. My next handgun will probably be the 26. As far as the caliber...I could care less as long as it penetrates, expands pretty reliably, and I can shoot it well. The 34 has 127 gr Winchesters and the 22 has 165 gr HST's loaded in it. Would I carry another caliber? Sure, I am just not convinced that a slight increase in split times and follow up shots relates to the advantage of the larger caliber and I like the full size glock 9mm/40 frame better than any of the others.

ashecht
07-13-2011, 11:31
26,23,19 are all in the EDC rotation

kmb
07-13-2011, 12:08
deleted

DWARREN123
07-13-2011, 13:59
G22 or G20. I like the 40 S&W round and the gun fits me. I carry the G20 when I think aliens may invade! :tongueout:

Glock39Pirate
07-13-2011, 14:03
glock 39 .45gap, carry it cuz its the smallest glock .45:cool:

Bren
07-13-2011, 14:07
Glock 27 because it's the smallest and a .40. I often carry non-Glocks, like my Walther PPK/S or S&W 637, because I need a smaller gun, but when I carry something that big, it's Glock 27.

People can doubt Glock Perfection, but a Glock in .40 S&W is as close as I have ever found and I've shot a lot of guns for a long time.

supatrucka
07-13-2011, 16:15
26 hot
19 and 30 cold

44terryberry
07-13-2011, 16:21
I gave up 1911`s and went to Glocks due to Glock`s lighter weight.That said, I would go with the largest caliber you can shoot well. The G-21 has a LOT going for it.

Hugo R
07-13-2011, 16:56
G26 does all of my heavy lifting. G17, G17L both have a place in my real world HD/SD/SHTF senarios. But for everyday carry it is the G26. It's on my hip as I write this.

HR:cool:

Aahzz
07-13-2011, 16:58
When I carried Glocks, it was 26, 27, 19, and 21.

The 19 was my favorite - really no more difficult to conceal than the 26 with a good holster and belt. Higher capacity and a full hand grip.

Now it's an M&P 9, and I ain't looking back ;)

Mudshark100
07-13-2011, 17:42
Gen 3 Glock 19. Feels comfortable in the hand. Shoots well. Good capacity. I have no problem concealing with a CrossBreed SuperTuck.

Mudshark100
07-13-2011, 17:43
3rd Gen 19. It fits my hand, readily conceals, reliable, holds 16 rounds. If I could only have one gun this would be it.

This joke is a bit out of date.

Me too.

Aeroscoper
07-13-2011, 18:46
G33. Ballistics comparable to a 9mm+p from a G17 in a very light and concealable package.

mikegun
07-14-2011, 20:20
Beat up old G23, ill never change, gen2 it was issued to me....whwn dept changed guns i bought it...

Glock21sf-miami
07-14-2011, 20:57
G36...

.45 acp is my favorite round and the one I am most accurate with. I carry a .357 snub when the 36 is too big for the task...

fastbolt
07-14-2011, 22:55
The only Glocks that ever really appealed to me for their fit and feel in my hand were the subcompact 9/40's.

On top of that, I only wanted something for off-duty, so I wanted the easiest and most convenient to conceal. Again, the subcompact 9/40's seemed to suit me best.

I certainly own, use and carry other guns.

I don't always carry a Glock, but when I do, it's either a G26 or G27.

If I were only going to own one ... it'd be a G26.

Tapeuup
07-14-2011, 23:25
G20 for me but considering to switch to my G22, the 10mm seems to powerful for CC.

GLOCK22PACKER
07-15-2011, 19:12
g37, power of the 45 but with a thinner frame and easy to conceal. It aslo fits my hand like a glove which makes it easy to control.

davesretired1
07-15-2011, 21:47
Both my wife and I carry G30's. She uses a purse designed for pistols and I use an IWB. No trouble printing when wearing a good belt and roomy shirt or T, and this is in Arizona. I've found the G30 to be an incredibly accurate pistol, and for a .45, very soft to shoot. I don't carry a spare mag, but have been known to also carry a Ruger .380 auto in a back pocket holster, and a NAA 5 shot .22 long SA in a cargo pocket.

WvHiker
07-15-2011, 22:26
I carry my gen 3 G19. Ammo cost was a big part of the reason I initially bought it. Took my ccw class with it, put literally thousands of rounds downrange; I carry it because it's the gun I just happen to like and shoot best.

John Biltz
07-15-2011, 22:46
I carry a G26. Its as small as I'd care to fight with and as big as I care to carry. I think Glock got it right with the sub-compacts. 9mm is what I shoot best. When I got my CCW I too had a G17 and needed something for EDC. The G26 seemed a logical choice. Its really worked out well for me.

CookeMonster
07-16-2011, 01:50
The G39 because it's as small as the 26 or 27 but a couple mm bigger hole and more weight to pass through bone or clothing obstructions. Recoil is not a factor, but hand length was. The sawed-off .45 made the best feeling grip for me. Was contemplating the G36, but went with the GAP and got the 37 mags for backup (10 round mag limit in Kalifornia anyways).

ScottieG59
07-16-2011, 10:56
I guess everyone has an opinion and places a lot of their self worth in their opinions. I have see the folly of this way of thinking way too often. Personally, I would prefer the 45ACP in a 1911, but I have changed with the times. My preferred concealed carry is my Glock 27 Gen 3. I carry 180 gr GDHP. I have 1 in the chamber, 9 in the mag and I carry 2 spair 15 round mags. The Glock 27 has night sights and a Crimson Trace LaserGuard. I carry in a Galco IWB holster made to work with the LaserGuard.

I am realistic to see this gives me a chance but nothing is predetermined. There are just too many variables, but now, I have a chance in dire circumstances.

Poppa Bear
07-16-2011, 17:16
A G22 with 2 spare offside magazines.

LongGoneDays
07-16-2011, 18:40
Glock 26

Because it's the smallest available and still takes 17 round magazines. The shorter barrel is more comfortable, when sitting, depending on where on my belt I have it. I have 0 interest in any other caliber except .45 and don't have a G30 yet. 2 finger grip is just fine for me.

Also, it's the most awesome.

frankt
07-17-2011, 22:11
G30 because it is reliable, accurate and a .45.
I have a G26, along with other Glocks, but it is way too heavy for pocket carry and I find it no easier to carry than the G30.
I mostly carry OWB with a good belt and holster and an untucked shirt.