2nd Amendment advocates clash with city police over ‘profiling’ bulletin [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment advocates clash with city police over ‘profiling’ bulletin

Dan
07-12-2011, 09:45
I searched to see if this was already posted, didn't see anything. I found this in another forum. I haven't seen the "2nd Amendment Sticker" before.

http://investigativevoice.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8244%3Agun-spat-memo-urges-city-police-to-use-caution-with-second-amendment-rights-group&catid=25%3Athe-project&Itemid=44

Bilbo Bagins
07-12-2011, 09:52
I searched to see if this was already posted, didn't see anything. I found this in another forum. I haven't seen the "2nd Amendment Sticker" before.

http://investigativevoice.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8244%3Agun-spat-memo-urges-city-police-to-use-caution-with-second-amendment-rights-group&catid=25%3Athe-project&Itemid=44

It came up on GT before.

I never seen that sticker before, but for the record Baltimore MD is very restrictive with gun laws and getting a CHL there is next to impossible. Maybe its a local group of pro-gun advocates that thumbs their noses at the law and carry without a permit. :dunno:

John Rambo
07-12-2011, 09:53
Pretty sure one of the members has that as their avatar here.

wjv
07-12-2011, 10:04
Baltimore PD can go BLEEP themselves. . .

If they're going to pull out broad brush and paint gun owners with it, I say, let's paint everyone!!

Do they have a bulletin that says - people with the "Coexist" bumper sticker on their car may be radical Islamic terrorist. . .

How about: People with "rainbow" or other gay-rights stickers may have Aids. .

Or how about, If the occupants are Black, their probably criminals. . . After all, that concept worked so well in the 50s.

:steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

John Rambo
07-12-2011, 10:04
Baltimore PD can go BLEEP themselves. . .

If they're going to pull out broad brush and paint gun owners with it, I say, let's paint everyone!!

Do they have a bulletin that says - people with the "Coexist" bumper sticker on their car may be radical Islamic terrorist. . .

How about: People with "rainbow" or other gay-rights stickers may have Aids. .

Or how about, If the occupants are Black, their probably criminals. . . After all, that concept worked so well in the 50s.

:steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

Look at it from their point of view. This basically seems like a logo for a paramilitary group.

Lethaltxn
07-12-2011, 10:07
Look at it from their point of view. This basically seems like a logo for a paramilitary group.

So that makes it OK then. :dunno:

John Rambo
07-12-2011, 10:09
So that makes it OK then. :dunno:

Uh, yeah.

They're basically saying, "Some company put out this crap, and people are buying it, and it indicates the possibility that they're armed, and they're nuts enough to want the world to know that they're fanatical about the second amendment and their guns. Watch your ass."

bigskinny
07-12-2011, 10:16
Uh, yeah.

They're basically saying, "Some company put out this crap, and people are buying it, and it indicates the possibility that they're armed, and they're nuts enough to want the world to know that they're fanatical about the second amendment and their guns. Watch your ass."

Watch your @## fine. The sticker should not be a reason to pull someone over.

I don't know if BPD is making stops just because of a sticker,just saying.

DanaT
07-12-2011, 10:17
Uh, yeah.

Can you point to an actual study that proves the correlation to second amendment supporters and cop murders (shooting police during traffic stops)? If there is no correlation, then what is the basis of you statement to "watch you behind?"

-Dana

Lethaltxn
07-12-2011, 10:19
Uh, yeah.

So, now being pro 2nd amendment means you're fanatical and nuts? :dunno:

fnfalman
07-12-2011, 10:19
Profiling is great...until your special interest group gets targeted. Then it's not great any more.

John Rambo
07-12-2011, 10:22
Watch your @## fine. The sticker should not be a reason to pull someone over.

I don't know if BPD is making stops just because of a sticker,just saying.

There is absolutely 0 evidence in that article to suggest its being used to pull people over. In fact, the article states, "If you encounter this after having pulled someone over, be aware."

So, we're in agreement that their aim is fine. And yes, we're also in agreement if this were to be used to pull people over, that would be somewhat less than fine. Much less than fine. Sorta the polar opposite of fine.

HotRoderX
07-12-2011, 10:57
edited

BailRecoveryAgent
07-12-2011, 10:59
I sure hope one day we can live in a profiling free society, with unicorns and rainbows to bring joy to the world.:upeyes:

Mister_Beefy
07-12-2011, 11:46
So, now being pro 2nd amendment means you're fanatical and nuts? :dunno:

Yes, that's exactly right.

and if you open carry you are a zealot.

Gunnut 45/454
07-12-2011, 15:11
Ah who gets a permit in Mayland? I though it took an act God to get one?:whistling:

ArizonaPhil
07-12-2011, 18:26
Can you point to an actual study that proves the correlation to second amendment supporters and cop murders (shooting police during traffic stops)? If there is no correlation, then what is the basis of you statement to "watch you behind?"

-Dana

Re-read the OPs link. It simply is a warning to LEOs that people with this sticker may be armed.

Now Google police line of duty deaths and you find all sorts of studies that show how many police are killed each year by armed people.

As a LEO, I could care less if you support the 2nd Amendment or not. However, I do care if you are armed while I'm contacting you.

ArizonaPhil
07-12-2011, 18:27
There is absolutely 0 evidence in that article to suggest its being used to pull people over. In fact, the article states, "If you encounter this after having pulled someone over, be aware."

So, we're in agreement that their aim is fine. And yes, we're also in agreement if this were to be used to pull people over, that would be somewhat less than fine. Much less than fine. Sorta the polar opposite of fine.

Amen!

jakebrake
07-12-2011, 18:31
now i want one of these stickers