Glock 19 Gen 4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 Gen 4

FL-obiwan
07-12-2011, 12:45
I'm thinking of buying a G19 Gen 4 as a high cap backup in case of a mechanical problem with my H&K USPc .40 LEM ( I have a Kahr K40 as a belly gun). I'm thinking of 9mm because in a SHTF situation 9mm ammo may be more available than .40 (although it didn't seem the case last year).

You tube has a lot of G19 info, including some showing malfunctions - mostly failure to feed. What is your professional opinion of the Gen 4?

Fl-Obiwan

Mas Ayoob
07-12-2011, 22:05
Glock seems to be on top of the Gen 4 tweaks. I've had no problem personally with Gen 4 G22...nor with Gen 4 G27 and G26. Gen 4 G37s are working great for Florida Highway Patrol. I've found the occasional G17 Gen 4 that had cycling problems, typically with generic 115 grain or subsonic 147 grain ammo, but Glock appears to have fixed that in current production with the updated recoil spring system.

However, I don't feel I have enough experience watching or shooting the gun you're asking about, the Gen 4 G19, to render an opinion. I'd suggest that you check with my GATE colleague JR Shepard in the Glock Pistols section of GATE.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
Mas