Positive Notification Exp With Police [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Positive Notification Exp With Police

Jon_R
07-13-2011, 19:17
Today my three kids and I were coming out of shopping center turning left on a green arrow and a car ran the red and slammed into my 2011 Civic (4 months old) between the drivers door and front wheel. We were all ok car did what it was supposed to. Side curtain air bags and all. Front wheel was almost sheered off the axle car may be totaled etc... No skid marks from the other car so I was hit hard. Hope insurance works out....

The first responding unit was a county deputy sheriff. Told him I was a permit holder and carrying a concealed handgun on my hip. He said ok and started to walk away before he turned and asked if I had my permit with me. Said I did and showed it. I guess he was not to worried about it. Local city police showed up and when I had contact with another one I told him and he just said ok and ignored me. I then told the next one that came by with same results. Then I lost track of who I told and who I didn't I was a little foggy and I think we ended up with about 10 city officers plus fire department and ambulance etc... Nobody cared. :) YMMV.

FL notification is not required but I just conceal OWB an M&P Compact in a leather holster under a T-Shirt so someone that looks closely and knows what they are looking for is going to figure it out if they want to.

The lady who hit me is 61 and uses a walker before the accident. Her Mom was her passenger and went to the hospital in an ambulance. :shocked: No fault was assigned though the traffic investigation officer told me he is certain what I told him is the truth but no witness stayed. I told him what happened and she said she has no idea what happened. He said it is a bad intersection and they have complete video of the intersection so he just has to go back to his office and pull the tape to determine what happened.

Fun afternoon.... I did what I said I would always do. I would choose to notify and if I thought I was treated poorly I would not next time. Based on my experience I will notify next time and see how I am treated.

Mister_Beefy
07-13-2011, 19:43
sounds good.

hope the old lady is ok.

in that situation, once I told the first LEO, that'd be it. I wouldn't announce to every badge I saw.

17119jfkioe
07-13-2011, 19:53
it sounds like you were "excited" to tell them:rofl:

stillbill
07-13-2011, 19:55
sorry to hear about the accendent.

Glade to hear your all OK. You will be felling it in the morning.

Hope the Mom is OK.

First LEO mild indifference. The rest total indifference. How it should be.

Contact a lawyer in the morning and get a copy of the video.

Jon_R
07-13-2011, 20:06
sounds good.

hope the old lady is ok.

in that situation, once I told the first LEO, that'd be it. I wouldn't announce to every badge I saw.

The sherriff took off once the second city cop showed up. :) I didn't know what I was doing.

Jon_R
07-13-2011, 20:10
it sounds like you were "excited" to tell them:rofl:

I made sure I told the officer that asked me to try and move it. The drivers door would not open. 6 3 climbing across a civic from the passenger side. :)

rvrctyrngr
07-14-2011, 06:27
I made sure I told the officer that asked me to try and move it. The drivers door would not open. 6 3 climbing across a civic from the passenger side. :)

Glad you and the kidz are all right, Jon. Please pay attention to yourself and the kidz, as soft tissue injuries can manifest themselves days after a shot like that.

Stay safe! :cheers:

Bill Lumberg
07-14-2011, 07:15
Not surprising. Hope everyone is okay.