G26 EDC Holster? Comp tac Infidel or Galco Triton? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G26 EDC Holster? Comp tac Infidel or Galco Triton?

TsunamiMike
07-14-2011, 18:51
As the title reads, they seem to be the exact same holster, what are your thoughts? Comptac is roughly 63 bucks and the Galco is 40...

fastbolt
07-14-2011, 19:00
I stopped using IWB holsters several years ago, myself.

However, if it were me choosing between the two companies, regardless of holster type, I'd lean more toward the Comp-Tac product.

TsunamiMike
07-14-2011, 19:24
I stopped using IWB holsters several years ago, myself.

However, if it were me choosing between the two companies, regardless of holster type, I'd lean more toward the Comp-Tac product.

Why did you stop and why comptac?

fastbolt
07-14-2011, 20:15
Why did you stop and why comptac?

I tired of having to either have pants, jeans & slacks with larger waistbands for IWB, or else having to cinch them up tighter when not wearing those holsters. Also, after many years I found that even the best designed IWB holsters would end up pressing into pressure points by the end of the day, especially if I was wearing one of my larger guns.

I originally wore IWB's so I could wear shorter waist jackets and have them work well for concealment. Once I started accommodating the OWB holsters with the appropriate outer garments it became a non-issue.

The last time I remember wearing a IWB, it was an older Blade-tech concealex model for my 3913, for a motorcycle ride down the Coast. I was riding a larger cruiser and developed some noticeable hip discomfort before I was halfway through the ride (pressure on the iliac crest, or the top crest of the hip bone).

I used to own an earlier Sparks Executive (with more leather coverage to better stabilize the holster pocket), which was probably one of the better IWB's I've used over the years. Better than the newer version I tried ... after I foolishly let a close friend talk me out of the older model for his 1911, and I found out the newer version was different. It was good for the holster type, but never as comfortable as my good quality leather OWB's for 8-18 hours at a time.

Why Comp-Tac? Because I've owned holsters made by both companies (albeit leather for the Galco) and I find the quality of the Comp-Tac to be preferable for my needs and usage.

I've got boxes and boxes of leather and synthetics holsters I've collected over the years, and that's only because I haven't kept all of the ones I've bought or being given. :wow:

Straight_Shooter
07-14-2011, 20:23
I have the Galco King Tuk and Triton for my G26. I find the King Tuk to be much more comfortable than the triton, especially for all day carry. By the end of the day the triton feels like it's digging into me.

TsunamiMike
07-14-2011, 21:14
I have a comptac mtac iwb holster currently,was looking for a more minimal holster for it

merck
07-14-2011, 23:25
I own several Comp-Tac (including an Infidel for my G26) and Galco holsters (but not the Triton). I use an Infidel everyday and the Galcos sit in boxes with other forgotten holsters. I like the quality and thickness of the Comp-Tacs. I find drawing and reholstering to be smooth and quick even if my belt is cinched very tight. I personally find the Infidel to be just as comfortable and easier to draw from as hybrid holsters and I own a MTAC, a Crossbreed, and a King Tuk. Pay the extra $23.

K1tt3n5
07-15-2011, 02:35
I couldn't be happier with my king tuk.

G23Gen4TX
07-15-2011, 03:21
Another vote for king tuk.

Glockphobia
07-15-2011, 04:11
i vote King Tuck:wavey:

TsunamiMike
07-15-2011, 04:38
king tuk wasnt an option..

E.McCune226
07-15-2011, 04:58
Must go with an IWB holster like the Cross Breed Super Tuk. By far the most conceable and most comfortable IWB holster on the market. Google it on YouTube and you will see countless reviews to back that claim up!!!!!!!!http://www.mccune-photography.com/g19/001.jpg

troysglock
07-15-2011, 05:48
MTAC. I had an Infidel, but when I sat down that kydex sweat guard dug in my ribs.

samuse
07-15-2011, 05:56
I don't know what a Galco Trition is but I have an Infidel.

I just use it as a bedside/truck holster.

Wearing it is an extremely painful experience. It doesn't have enough cant and it presses into my sciatic nerve pretty hard. Sitting in a truck is next to impossible with it on.

Everyone is built different, so it might work fine for you...

Rangerwt
07-15-2011, 05:58
I have and use the Galco Triton daily. It works very well for my needs, but I have plenty of padding around the waist if you know what I mean. Also, I like my pants loose anyway. I have the model for my G23, buy I use it also for my G27, so the one for your G26 would be a shorter holster. You probably won"t go wrong with either holster. The $23.00 savings would buy you more ammo.

moishlashen
07-15-2011, 06:28
Galco Triton is a nice holster but for IWB its not too comfy. Its a good grab and go but not wear all day holster. I have the one for a G19 and I can fit 26/27 into it as well as the 22 so it is versatile.

Judge Roy Bean
07-15-2011, 06:30
I have a bit of a love hate relationship with my infidel for a 30.

Pro's:
-Easy to take off, put on
-Less material/lighter
-Draws really smooth
-The cant

Con's:
Prints really badly
Can shift with the clip that I use (yes the actual clip on the holster. Not a magazine).

Alot of these con's can also be attributed to the gun though. And to be honest, I am still needing to order a thicker gun belt.

alwaysshootin
07-15-2011, 07:17
I can't speak highly enough about the Comp-Tac, Infidel. I have had four different ones for every Glock I've carried, which is what I carry now, and other than a Milt Sparks SS II I used for my first carry weapon, a 1911, I can't imagine a more secure, comfortable, easy off, and on, holster! Well perhaps a SS II made out of horsehide, if there was one made that used the Comptac belt clip. Leather is a little more comfortable, but I wear mine 10-12 hours a day, with a good gun belt, and driving a truck!

The last Infidel I bought, was around fathers day, and they had a 10% off sale. Then on the 4th, they had a 20% off sale, I was almost tempted to buy another.

Just a heads up. If you buy one for a G19/23, it will work for a 26, or 27. If you buy one for a G21/20, it will also work for the 29/30. So if you can, think ahead, and kill two birds with one holster!:wavey:

TsunamiMike
07-15-2011, 07:38
I can't speak highly enough about the Comp-Tac, Infidel. I have had four different ones for every Glock I've carried, which is what I carry now, and other than a Milt Sparks SS II I used for my first carry weapon, a 1911, I can't imagine a more secure, comfortable, easy off, and on, holster! Well perhaps a SS II made out of horsehide, if there was one made that used the Comptac belt clip. Leather is a little more comfortable, but I wear mine 10-12 hours a day, with a good gun belt, and driving a truck!

The last Infidel I bought, was around fathers day, and they had a 10% off sale. Then on the 4th, they had a 20% off sale, I was almost tempted to buy another.

Just a heads up. If you buy one for a G19/23, it will work for a 26, or 27. If you buy one for a G21/20, it will also work for the 29/30. So if you can, think ahead, and kill two birds with one holster!:wavey:

so do you use the belt clip, shirt tucker or ctac strut with it?

highfructosecornsyrp
07-15-2011, 07:41
clip draw and a safety...

alwaysshootin
07-15-2011, 07:58
so do you use the belt clip, shirt tucker or ctac strut with it?

I use the belt clip. Any of the shirt tucks available, for any of the holsters I've seen, appear to only allow 3-4 inches of shirt to be tucked in around the gun area, and I don't believe that is anywhere near enough. I would be tucking my shirt in continuously. I use a cover garment! Usually a tucked in t-shirt, with a light weight cover shirt, buttons opened. Have carried a G30, 20, 21, 17, 23, and 26, using this carry method inside an Infidel.

The belt clip gives you the easy on and off, but, they also have the two leather snaps, that work great, just not as easy, for me, to take on and off. For me, the easy on and off is a big, big, advantage. Hope this helps!

tango44
07-15-2011, 11:31
Glock sport combat holster for my G26!

TsunamiMike
07-15-2011, 11:45
tango i have that for it as well it is a great OWB holster...

Captains1911
07-15-2011, 11:59
The comp-tac infidel is not a comfortable all day carry holster. It's convenient for quick on and off, that's about it.

rta108
07-16-2011, 06:08
The belt clip on the triton is suspect. I've yanked the whole holster out with the gun (during qualification, no less), so I have no confidence with it anymore. I put a couple of comp-tac belt loops on it, now it's OK. It's a decent holster, minus the clip.

Might as well just get the comptac with the loops.

alwaysshootin
07-16-2011, 06:25
The comp-tac infidel is not a comfortable all day carry holster. It's convenient for quick on and off, that's about it.

Just got home after a 12 hour shift, been sitting on the couch watching the British open. Had to reach to my side to see of my firearm was still on, and it was! Opinions are like, well, we all know that old expression, don't we!:wavey:

nickcarr
07-17-2011, 21:09
Galco Triton is a nice holster but for IWB its not too comfy. Its a good grab and go but not wear all day holster. I have the one for a G19 and I can fit 26/27 into it as well as the 22 so it is versatile.

To each his own I guess. The Triton is a very comfortable holster considering it's IWB and made of kydex. I think it also depends on how you wear your shirts. I've done it both ways and it's still a quite comfortable holster.

I was skeptical of it at first (with that single belt clip) but it does really well and is held firmly in place with a proper belt. (I use a Beltman 1.5 inch.)

With my G31 it's incredibly light and very convenient. I also carry a Sig P226 in its Triton holster (which is heavier) and still am comfortable.

Printing is quite acceptable for me (considering I carry it at 3pm) and that it's made of kydex. Can't beat the price too!

TsunamiMike
07-20-2011, 13:46
so i bought both, my first take...

-Belt position: The infidel sits lower on the belt line than the triton

-Look and function: both are identical except the infidel is the "slide" version and will hold my 40 as well

-comfort: they both feel the same and are very comfortable, they do not move around on me like the MTAC does.

I think either of these would be a great replacement for my Mtac...

I think that either of them conceal them just as well as the MTAC does and for me i like the minimal feel of the infidel/triton..

Decisoions decisions..

Price point - Galco Triton @ 39.99 / Comptac Infidel @ 53.99 <had a coupon anything over 50>

nickcarr
07-20-2011, 17:05
Price point - Galco Triton @ 39.99 / Comptac Infidel @ 53.99 <had a coupon anything over 50>

Let us be specific here.

The Galco Triton can be had on EBay for < 40 or Galco's web site for $50 shipped.

The Infidel requires the clip or belt loops, so it's $66 + shipping (I'm guess $10 here since you stupidly cannot see shipping costs w/o registering.)

So let us say $40-50 for the Galco or $74-76 for the Infidel.

With today's economy, I'd save the $35 for some ammo! :tongueout:

TsunamiMike
07-21-2011, 04:42
Let us be specific here.

The Galco Triton can be had on EBay for < 40 or Galco's web site for $50 shipped.

The Infidel requires the clip or belt loops, so it's $66 + shipping (I'm guess $10 here since you stupidly cannot see shipping costs w/o registering.)

So let us say $40-50 for the Galco or $74-76 for the Infidel.

With today's economy, I'd save the $35 for some ammo! :tongueout:

I am confused about your statement, I have already bought both of them. My last reply was what i paid and my thoughts on each one. The infidel has the clip on it and i got it for 53.99 both prices were delivered as i bought them together and they threw in free shipping. So the delta is only $14 between the two..

nickcarr
07-21-2011, 12:17
I am confused about your statement, I have already bought both of them. My last reply was what i paid and my thoughts on each one.

Duh! :upeyes:

I wasn't talking about what *you* paid. I was talking about what the average person has to pay -- without those stinkin' coopins.

pens-66
07-22-2011, 05:54
I love the Infidel... No matter what gun I have the INfidel is always the first holster I will order for them.:supergrin:

Captains1911
07-22-2011, 06:39
Just got home after a 12 hour shift, been sitting on the couch watching the British open. Had to reach to my side to see of my firearm was still on, and it was! Opinions are like, well, we all know that old expression, don't we!:wavey:
Just out of curiosity, have you tried many other holsters? Just wondering if you have anything to compare it with. I ask because when I first starting carrying I carried in a Comp-Tac ProUndercover, same as the current Infidel just with a slightly different belt clip, and thought it was ok until I tried something else. I find holsters like the MTAC and CrossBreed far superior not only due to their leather backing, but the fact that they secure the gun 100x better becasue of the double offset clips, and are adjustable. Single clip holsters in general tend to allow the gun to flop around easily.

Gokyo
07-22-2011, 06:50
Order the comp tac to use now (like the MTAC better). Then come August first order a Milt sparks and wait.

Chiplexic
09-10-2011, 17:58
To Original Poster: So what's the up date? Are you stil happy with the Comp Tac Infidel ? Or has it caused you to appreciate the MTac more? I am hung up between which to order.

TsunamiMike
09-10-2011, 22:41
She is used everyday, very comfortable and sturdy. I sent back the mtac!

alwaysshootin
09-11-2011, 01:49
Just out of curiosity, have you tried many other holsters? Just wondering if you have anything to compare it with. I ask because when I first starting carrying I carried in a Comp-Tac ProUndercover, same as the current Infidel just with a slightly different belt clip, and thought it was ok until I tried something else. I find holsters like the MTAC and CrossBreed far superior not only due to their leather backing, but the fact that they secure the gun 100x better becasue of the double offset clips, and are adjustable. Single clip holsters in general tend to allow the gun to flop around easily.

I'll admit, I've only tried three different IWB holsters. The Infidel, for about five different firearms, the Don Hume 715, and the Milt Sparks SS II. You mentioned single clip holsters flop around? I've never found that to be the case, ever! All I can say is I like the Infidel so much, doubt I'll try any other holster!

TsunamiMike
09-11-2011, 07:04
No flopping here either, stays where I put it all day.

happyguy
09-11-2011, 07:24
I have no experience with either of those holsters but I usually carry my G26 in an MTAC with a G19 body or more often, a Bladetech with loops.

Both work fine.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

redbrd
09-11-2011, 07:48
I have used both pretty comparable as far as the holster itself. Comptac is more versatile I like the being able to switch from clip to loops or whatever. IWB is the way to go especially for a 26. IWB with a 26 is my summer carry, shorts and a t-shirt is no problem.
The infidel or other minimalist type holster is better IMO. They are easier on and off which means less hassle, which means you will use it more. The infidel and the galco model I find to be plenty comfortable.