King Tuk, anyone? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : King Tuk, anyone?

G23Gen4TX
07-14-2011, 23:19
For months I have bren trying to find a comfortable IWB holster. Tried a Galco IWB, even a Minotaur. The best I found was a simple belly band.

Then I tried the king tuk. I think the face that it is rather with helps stabilize the holster and prevent that annoying felling of someone pulling your pants down.

I use it with my G27, G23 and the G17 when I go to the range.

Great holster and at great value in my opinion.

GlockBeni
07-14-2011, 23:56
thanks for the feed. I've been debating the crossbreed or the king tuk but the tuk is like 20 bucks cheaper . i might go that route.

milje
07-15-2011, 02:06
I got a King Tuk because I didn't want to wait a month or more for a holster. Might order a CBST if my Galco starts wearing out, but so far I haven't found any negatives.

K1tt3n5
07-15-2011, 02:30
My king tuk is the best holster I've ever used with my glocks. I like it so much I'm ordering one for my 1911s.

Beanie-Bean
07-15-2011, 06:03
I've got one, and I like it because all of the 9mm/.40/.357 frames I have fit in it just fine. The other ones I have are molded to the length of the frame I ordered. For example, the MTAC only fits the 26/27.

Here are some pics to get a better idea:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Beanie-Bean/Glock/4ab67068.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Beanie-Bean/Glock/f73ef8dd.jpg

HerrGlock
07-15-2011, 06:42
I wore mine twice. The second time only because I couldn't bring myself to believe I could actively HATE a holster that much.

If anyone wants a King Tuk for a Sig 220/229/245 for half of retail, PM me. Only worn twice.

dkf
07-15-2011, 07:54
I like my King Tuk.(Wearing it now) It does take quite a while to "break in" though.

seanmac45
07-15-2011, 08:39
I wore mine twice. The second time only because I couldn't bring myself to believe I could actively HATE a holster that much.

If anyone wants a King Tuk for a Sig 220/229/245 for half of retail, PM me. Only worn twice.

Perfect! Thanks for preventing me from giving up my VMII's:rofl:

RYT 2BER
07-15-2011, 08:43

Just curious.. considering it looks like a standard hybrid holster, what did you not like? Im not trying to be argumentative, I legitimately would be interested to know.

I like all my CB's but I have looked at these as an alternative but your post makes me rethink it.

HexHead
07-15-2011, 09:15
Perfect! Thanks for preventing me from giving up my VMII's:rofl:

There is no more comfortable IWB than a VM2. I'll share this now since I just ordered one, but topgunsupply.com has them in stock right now, in all three 17/22, 19/23 and 26/27 sizes. :supergrin:

seanmac45
07-15-2011, 09:30
Smart man and thanks for the tip.

milje
07-15-2011, 12:35
Just curious.. considering it looks like a standard hybrid holster, what did you not like? Im not trying to be argumentative, I legitimately would be interested to know.

I like all my CB's but I have looked at these as an alternative but your post makes me rethink it.

Curious about that also, I've been wearing my G19 all morning and can't feel a thing.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/milje/95682884_photobucket_14115_.jpg

cowboy1964
07-15-2011, 15:57
What kind of belt are you using? You shouldn't feel like your pants are falling down with a 23 or 27, regardless of the holster, if you have a decent belt.

cowboy1964
07-15-2011, 15:59
There is no more comfortable IWB than a VM2. I'll share this now since I just ordered one, but topgunsupply.com has them in stock right now, in all three 17/22, 19/23 and 26/27 sizes. :supergrin:

$146. I think I'll stick with my MTAC. I can even change guns for $38.

swinokur
07-15-2011, 18:44
Check out Tommy Theis. Top quality and delivery in ONE week. Best CS ever.

www.theisholsters.com

Just1More
07-15-2011, 18:49
I'd rather wear a bra than a holster with all those clips/loops.

Rob_W
07-15-2011, 18:59
I got one last week for my 19, wore it for 2 days, then my wal-mart belt broke ( no fault of the King Tuk ).

I like it so far.

RYT 2BER
07-15-2011, 19:19
I got one last week for my 19, wore it for 2 days, then my wal-mart belt broke ( no fault of the King Tuk ).

I like it so far.

Is the king tut rough on the inside or is it smooth? (Part up against your body)

Glockphobia
07-16-2011, 14:14
Is the king tut rough on the inside or is it smooth? (Part up against your body)

:wavey:smooth!

im a fan of the king tuk, bought one for my glocks, super comfy. wish they had them for the glock10mm/45's. but, ordered a mtac from comptac to take care of those this morning.

RYT 2BER
07-16-2011, 14:34
:wavey:smooth!

im a fan of the king tuk, bought one for my glocks, super comfy. wish they had them for the glock10mm/45's. but, ordered a mtac from comptac to take care of those this morning.

Mmm. Too bad for me. I find the rough inside from the cbst to be the trick for me.. keeps it from getting tacky up against my skin. From what I believe the "theis" is also rough on the inside therefore it would work for me as well.

jakebrake
07-16-2011, 14:37
i love my king tuk. it's confortable, funtional, and makes full size glocks disappear completely.

MacChiroCtr
07-17-2011, 11:09
Can anyone post pictures of how you wear a tuckable holster? I wear a dress shirt with no jacket, and I'm looking for something that would work with that type of dress...

RustyShackelford
07-17-2011, 12:47
Check out Tommy Theis. Top quality and delivery in ONE week. Best CS ever.

www.theisholsters.com

Big +1 on this recommendation. Received my horsehide holster for Glock 32. I'm new to IWB and it conceals quite well. My workplace does not allow for carry (or, at least, it's a fire-able offense) and I don't think anyone noticed it.

Wurger
07-19-2011, 21:10

Not the guy that posted first above but I also bought one and so far I'm not too happy.
Having trouble finding a spot on my waist where it is comfortable. It just seems like a great big lump. When I tuck in my shirt I think it looks obvious that Iíve got something shoved in my pants. I need to try some other shirt/pants combos and give it a bit more time but Iím kicking myself for dropping the $54 for yet another holster.

Thinking I should have put the $54 toward a Kahr CM9 and kept with pocket carry for summer CCW.

HerrGlock
07-20-2011, 01:47

It takes both hands to get it in position and then some manipulation to get the muzzle inside the waist band. The thing is LARGE. After it's in position the clips take a bit of screwing around with to get over the belt and if your belt is thick, double layer, they don't clip right rather they stick out more than a bit. Reholstering I keep my thumb on the hammer and every single time the hammer starts to come back on me. It takes both hands to reholster without something pulling the trigger.

I've used Galco Royal Guard holsters for about 20 years now and I'm used to sliding the thing into my pants with the belt unbuckled and then snapping the loops around the belt with only one hand needed. Reholstering also a one handed operation.

I tried the King Tuk thinking it would make for a less noticeable lump and make the bulge a bit more gradual. I does do that but I don't like the idea of shooting myself in the butt trying to reholster and I really don't like needing both hands and a helper getting the stupid thing on in the morning.

I got one of these to try out with the belt loops off the body of the pistol and it's been great. This'll work just fine until my Versa Max II gets here.

I've read a lot of people liking the King Tuk. It's just like most other things, some will like it some will hate it, most can take it or leave it. Just offering another owner's experience with them.

http://www.occidentalleather.com/product.php?sku=1330&type=

hotshotglocks
07-20-2011, 01:55
I want one

G23Gen4TX
07-20-2011, 02:04
Not the guy that posted first above but I also bought one and so far I'm not too happy.
Having trouble finding a spot on my waist where it is comfortable. It just seems like a great big lump. When I tuck in my shirt I think it looks obvious that Iíve got something shoved in my pants. I need to try some other shirt/pants combos and give it a bit more time but Iím kicking myself for dropping the $54 for yet another holster.

Thinking I should have put the $54 toward a Kahr CM9 and kept with pocket carry for summer CCW.

I find it most comfortable at about 3:30 position. You do need to wear it a bit so it will conform to your body. I actually wear it with a rather cheap belt. It makes it easy to move the holster around.

milje
07-20-2011, 02:05
It takes both hands to get it in position and then some manipulation to get the muzzle inside the waist band. The thing is LARGE. After it's in position the clips take a bit of screwing around with to get over the belt and if your belt is thick, double layer, they don't clip right rather they stick out more than a bit. Reholstering I keep my thumb on the hammer and every single time the hammer starts to come back on me. It takes both hands to reholster without something pulling the trigger.

I was having a similar problem, I had it set up too low and a little bit of my pants would fold over the top of the Kydex. I raised it up until the top of the kydex is flush with the top of my pants, I can reholster no problem now.

Not sure if this is what you're having trouble with, but it fixed the problem for me.