New Pandemic SHTF movie [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Pandemic SHTF movie

Bilbo Bagins
07-15-2011, 12:16
Contagion, seems to be about a Lethal, fast acting "One Touch" form of the bird flu.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYSyuuLk5g

crimsonaudio
07-15-2011, 12:51
Holy crap, that's an impressive cast.

Looks like it has potential. Thanks for posting.

Dexters
07-15-2011, 13:24
Thanks for posting - looks good.
Maybe part two could be the dead coming back to life as zombies.

Bilbo Bagins
07-15-2011, 13:37
Thanks for posting - looks good.
Maybe part two could be the dead coming back to life as zombies.

Nahh that is going to be World War Z, they just started filming it.

Dexters
07-15-2011, 14:17
Nahh that is going to be World War Z, they just started filming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56CaATsdCS0&feature=related

I didn't know that. I listened to the book.

DaScotsman
07-15-2011, 14:36
As long as Gwenyth Paltrow dies a horrible painful death on screen, I'll go see it... :supergrin:

Lone Kimono
07-15-2011, 16:10
Wow, that is a strong cast. Hope it's good.

LongGun1
07-15-2011, 19:10
WOW! :shocked:

Looks Good! :supergrin:

I'm sure this movie will fire up the talk shows.. :rofl:

lawman800
07-16-2011, 10:44
Brad Pitt bought the rights to World War Z. He's producing it and has a part in it. Can't wait to see it.

Bilbo Bagins
07-16-2011, 12:27
Brad Pitt bought the rights to World War Z. He's producing it and has a part in it. Can't wait to see it.

+1 there was a big "To Do" here in Philly, because part of the movie was supposed to be filmed here, then they decided to move it somewhere else.

Damn Philly Unions ruined it. If there was a casting call for a couple thousand of extras to play zombies, I would have been there.

Lawmaker
07-19-2011, 21:37
Yea World War Z has my vote.

Spikehorn11
07-19-2011, 21:48
I'll see it. Looks good.

MajorAmby
07-20-2011, 04:32
I'm kind of skeptical of movies with casts so big like that. They usually aren't able to tell the stories of the characters very well - usually gets jumbled up. We'll see.

Bilbo Bagins
07-20-2011, 07:32
My kids reminded me of another "One Touch" pandemic movie. :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73DxZPhVOYc&feature=related

Its funny, a one touch pandemic, would turn into a playground game.

pugman
07-22-2011, 08:09
I'm kind of skeptical of movies with casts so big like that. They usually aren't able to tell the stories of the characters very well - usually gets jumbled up. We'll see.

I Agree.

Matt Damon seems to be pretty good at selecting scripts though; you may not connect or even like some of his previous stuff (The Brothers Grimm and maybe Stuck on You-which I actually thought was funny-come to mind) but for the most part he does a decent job.

2010 with True Grit, Green Zone and Hereafter was a decent year for him

Now if Nicholas Cage was in this you could pretty much guarantee a floater.

I have found in these types of flicks...its usually a weak script, bad effects or Hollywood's inability to tell how bad things could truely get kills the film.

Blindness with Mark Ruffalo still gives me the creeps. Watch that with your eyes shut and just listen to it...

lawman800
07-22-2011, 13:49
I think the best movie Matt Damon was in is "Team America: World Police"

MATT DAY-MUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I think he's an absolute idiot without redemption and his movies all suck.

LongGun1
07-22-2011, 20:07
Went to see Captain America early today..

..& Contagion was a 'official' trailer! :thumbsup:

IIRC...release date of Sept 9th!! :supergrin:

LongGun1
09-09-2011, 14:02
Just watched Contagion! :supergrin:

Very un-Hollywood....almost like a docu-drama..IMO!!

Very Good Depiction of a Major Pandemic...will definitely see it again!! :thumbsup:

Dexters
09-09-2011, 20:33

Very Good Depiction of a Major Pandemic...will definitely see it again!! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you want to see the Prom scene again.

LongGun1
09-09-2011, 22:50
I'm guessing you want to see the Prom scene again.

My vote is for the autopsy scene! :tongueout: :rofl:

(can you recall another...tag line "Eat at Luigi's" ;))

kirgi08
09-09-2011, 23:07
"Dirty Harry".'08. :dunno:

LongGun1
09-10-2011, 07:57
"Dirty Harry".'08. :dunno:

Yep.....The Enforcer! :thumbsup:

UneasyRider
09-10-2011, 08:26

I saw it yesterday and it was not funny at all. No real story line, no heros, nothing fake about it. I would say if you want to know what a pandemic might look like without all of the BS of a movie this nails it. Kind of like a documentary but a movie, nothing that I can think of compares to it. It's like one of us made it.

One thing is for sure, you think that your prepped and going to be ok until you see something like this. Made me think that I need to keep more food in the house and I'm not short on food.

Have to say that isolation is the very best strategy, I thought so before and I know it now. Movie gave me some good perspectives on what it would be like that before were only ideas in my head.

If you prep, you have to see this because it lends a correct perspective to the pandemic scenario.

thejellster05
09-10-2011, 09:45
Also went and saw it last night and its really good and really realistic IMO.
Made me want to go buy gallons and gallons of bleach and plastic for the windows lol.

lawman800
09-10-2011, 10:59
Great... another panic run at the local Wal-Mart thanks to this movie.

UneasyRider
09-10-2011, 11:46
Great... another panic run at the local Wal-Mart thanks to this movie.

That was my take away. But on the positive side, and I believe that it would go this way, there was news for those who were paying attention that provided an early warning to buy what you need a couple of days before everybody goes crazy at Walmart etc. I personally would rather have it already stored in my back room waiting than find myself out in the potentially infected crowd.

LongGun1
09-10-2011, 16:43
It's like one of us made it.

If you prep, you have to see this because it lends a correct perspective to the pandemic scenario.

Big +1!! :thumbsup:

Really good movie to show friends & family....

WHY WE PREP!! :supergrin:

And why they should also!! :whistling:

jellis11
09-10-2011, 17:15
looks great

Stupid
09-11-2011, 19:20
The whole fasting acting virus thing doesn't really kill a lot of people. It creates fear but not very effective in real life.

The reason is that most people, upon hearing the news, would just stay at home for a few weeks. Then the infected would all be dead by then.

The best kind is:
1. highly contagious
2. no symptom for 20+ years
3. very hard to detect
4. deadly once it comes out of its sleep

21Glocker
09-11-2011, 21:58
Just finished seeing it tonight and all i could think of through the better part of the movie was...i couldn't wait to get home and search the survival and preparedness section of glocktalk to see everyones opinion. The movie was very well produced, as some mentioned no bs, no hollywood, very realistic.

Warp
09-11-2011, 22:27
You sold me, I will definitely be checking this movie out...most likely this week.

LongGun1
09-11-2011, 22:43
The reason is that most people, upon hearing the news, would just stay at home for a few weeks. Then the infected would all be dead by then.

Actually....most people would not...IMO! :whistling:

They neither have the food, funds, or foresight to do so!

Most people live paycheck to paycheck, many have little to no food in their home & eat fast food almost exclusively, very, very few have weeks of food & supplies in their home, & most would be afraid to lose their job or business if they did not show up to work!

By the time most realized just how serious the contagion really is..

..they have been exposed & have it as well..

..just like in the movie!

UneasyRider
09-12-2011, 07:21
Actually....most people would not...IMO! :whistling:

They neither have the food, funds, or foresight to do so!

Most people live paycheck to paycheck, many have little to no food in their home & eat fast food almost exclusively, very, very few have weeks of food & supplies in their home, & most would be afraid to lose their job or business if they did not show up to work!

By the time most realized just how serious the contagion really is..

..they have been exposed & have it as well..

..just like in the movie!

Could not agree with you more. Even being prepared for a long quarentine without outside help I know for a fact that it would be a battle to keep my wife from going to work as a teacher in an elementary school (breeding ground), we would have to take off for two weeks faking an illness to see what is really happening. Hopefully that would be enough time to know because I don't know how long I could keep her at home.

kirgi08
09-12-2011, 07:40
Triple that time frame,uneasy.We could easily just stay away from everyone,comms on the net or air and just ghost until it subsided.'08.

UneasyRider
09-12-2011, 08:14
Triple that time frame,uneasy.We could easily just stay away from everyone,comms on the net or air and just ghost until it subsided.'08.

That two weeks is just to see if we have anything or if it's just a scare. My greatest concern is where to get accurate information because you know that they are going to withhold the truth from us.

kirgi08
09-12-2011, 08:35
Scanners a s/w-ham radio,we have spent a ton of money on the ability ta hear whats going on.Digital scanners and the know how ta use them,cbs ect.Info is the most important thing in these type situations.I can help you in these areas if'n ya want.'08.

UneasyRider
09-12-2011, 10:44
Scanners a s/w-ham radio,we have spent a ton of money on the ability ta hear whats going on.Digital scanners and the know how ta use them,cbs ect.Info is the most important thing in these type situations.I can help you in these areas if'n ya want.'08.

Sounds like it would make a great thread!

Bilbo Bagins
09-12-2011, 11:26
The whole fasting acting virus thing doesn't really kill a lot of people. It creates fear but not very effective in real life.

That is what they thought during the 1918 flu pandemic, but the flu came in mulitiple waves.

You live in Dallas, and the first case of the virus is in Florida. It spread to the entire Southeast and you wisely decide to bunker down for the next month. It hit Dallas and a lot of folks outside your home die. A month passes and you and other likeminded people come out of your home, thinking the worst is over. What is to stop a re-infection? Mexicans are still going to cross the border, snot nose Sally from Seattle could be bugging out to Dallas to get away from the now infected west coast, and Omar from Egypt will be flying into the re-open DFW airport carrying a different strain.

panzer1
09-12-2011, 12:20
Brad Pitt bought the rights to World War Z. He's producing it and has a part in it. Can't wait to see it.He finely got time off from carrying the dipper bags & baby's around?

kimo
09-12-2011, 15:42
What I appreciated was the information on the science side. The weeks or months it takes to manufacture vaccines after you spent days, weeks or months coming up with the vaccine. Then the delivery mechanism...time, crowd control etc.

Then there is the potential downside to boot. What if food distribution networks are decimated due to illness?

Makes you realize that 6 mos food is not unrealistic at all. I posted another thread re EMP that was posted this am on Pajamas media. These two together are sobering to say the least.

LongGun1
09-13-2011, 01:57
What I appreciated was the information on the science side. The weeks or months it takes to manufacture vaccines after you spent days, weeks or months coming up with the vaccine. Then the delivery mechanism...time, crowd control etc.

Then there is the potential downside to boot. What if food distribution networks are decimated due to illness?

Makes you realize that 6 mos food is not unrealistic at all. I posted another thread re EMP that was posted this am on Pajamas media. These two together are sobering to say the least.

+1 :thumbsup:

Good insight into the solid science 'behind the scenes' in Contagion can be found here..

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/08/entertainment/la-et-word-20110908

pugman
09-13-2011, 06:29
That is what they thought during the 1918 flu pandemic, but the flu came in mulitiple waves.

You live in Dallas, and the first case of the virus is in Florida. It spread to the entire Southeast and you wisely decide to bunker down for the next month. It hit Dallas and a lot of folks outside your home die. A month passes and you and other likeminded people come out of your home, thinking the worst is over. What is to stop a re-infection? Mexicans are still going to cross the border, snot nose Sally from Seattle could be bugging out to Dallas to get away from the now infected west coast, and Omar from Egypt will be flying into the re-open DFW airport carrying a different strain.

Correct. The flu took 8 months to encircle the globe.

The best kind is:
1. highly contagious
2. no symptom for 20+ years
3. very hard to detect
4. deadly once it comes out of its sleep

The problem isn't fast acting...the problem is fast spreading. The whole "its a small world" thing plays into this with spades.

Given I work in an office and my wife works in contact with the public I would be willing to bet we easily have "contact" with upwards of 500 or more people a day-granted a lot of these people are the same 500.

Add my brother to the mix who travels in the U.S extensively-meet him on the "wrong" week and he could spread it across the country in a matter of days.

Aceman
09-13-2011, 16:19
My wife has decided she LOVES survivalist movies!!!!! Win!!

She still thinks I'm nuts though...

We will absolutely see it this week/weekend - couldn't go last weekend; my kid had a VIRUS!

I used to work in public health and have a pretty realistic grip on how the whole origin/spread/vaccinate cycle works. It's both more and less likely than you would think in a lot of ways. And when you REALLY get into the pragmatics, the fact is you can't operate a society and stop/prevent it.

jdavionic
09-13-2011, 16:59
Okay...I'm convinced. I was concerned it was going to be another "Outbreak" with all sorts of political undertones. Looks like that's not the case. Time to see it.

UneasyRider
09-13-2011, 17:56
This flick is the real deal. No hero except the virus, simple story, everybody loses.

kimo
09-13-2011, 18:24
One supposed fact I found hard to accept in the movie is that the average person touches their face 2000 times a day.....I must be at the very low end of the bell curve

gimmejr
09-13-2011, 18:27
It did make me feel like I wanted to go out and buy better facemasks.

Dexters
09-13-2011, 18:38
One supposed fact I found hard to accept in the movie is that the average person touches their face 2000 times a day.....I must be at the very low end of the bell curve

That is hard for me to believe also. If each touch was just 1 second it would be 33.33 minutes.

Stupid
09-13-2011, 21:05
I heard an interview on this movie. They said the only thing that was not realistic was how fast they could develop and manufacture the vaccine.

Venture a guess? it will take a year at minimum. 2 years maybe. To distribute it to most people on earth? That's another 2 years.

lawman800
09-13-2011, 22:48
Don't forget FDA approval and trials and the big pharmaceuticals fighting it out will take another 10 years.

LongGun1
09-14-2011, 15:15
This flick is the real deal. No hero except the virus, simple story, everybody loses.

+1 :thumbsup:

This reviewer really "got it"! ;)

http://dcist.com/2011/09/contagion.php

"Ultimately, the film is scariest not because it makes us frightened of getting sick, or because it shows us how unprepared we might be. The terrifying thing here is the suggestion that it may be impossible to be prepared for disasters once they grow to certain sizes. Much of the suffering in a catastrophe like Hurricane Katrina may have been the result of mismanagement of resources, but even after you've identified and addressed those failings, what happens when the problem is orders of magnitude larger? When there are simply no facilities to treat the number of people getting sick, no infrastructure to even handle the bodies of the dead, and no clear path to developing a cure? A widespread societal breakdown in that scenario may simply be unavoidable.

Horror films are cathartic, because they stimulate our fears and then let us walk outside into a world where monsters don't exist. Contagion is something else entirely, because the fears it plants in our brains aren't the kind that can be chased away by the light of day."

Warp
09-17-2011, 19:41
We saw it today. They went in the right direction with it vs typical hollywood but I expected more after all that I had read in this thread. It was not realistic or serious/shocking enough, IMO. They got people early with a few scenes of sick/dying/dead but then seriously backed off. It should have continued to get much, much worse.

I was especially disappointed that the entire thing played out without a single person ever using a weapon to defend themselves. And when the men invaded the Doc's home and didn't so much as touch his wife when they couldn't get a vaccine...gimme a break. The neighbor's house has armed invaders inside with shots fired and what does he find when he goes over to check it out the next day...a couple shotguns on the wall and that's it? All utilities continue to work...for months? You can sit in your nice, quiet, safe house and watch the news to see how it is going? Come on man.

I give it 3.5/5

UneasyRider
09-17-2011, 19:59
We saw it today. They went in the right direction with it vs typical hollywood but I expected more after all that I had read in this thread. It was not realistic or serious/shocking enough, IMO. They got people early with a few scenes of sick/dying/dead but then seriously backed off. It should have continued to get much, much worse.

I was especially disappointed that the entire thing played out without a single person ever using a weapon to defend themselves. And when the men invaded the Doc's home and didn't so much as touch his wife when they couldn't get a vaccine...gimme a break. The neighbor's house has armed invaders inside with shots fired and what does he find when he goes over to check it out the next day...a couple shotguns on the wall and that's it? All utilities continue to work...for months? You can sit in your nice, quiet, safe house and watch the news to see how it is going? Come on man.

I give it 3.5/5

I don't know, the .gov game plan for the bird flu is isolation of all essential workers (including from their families) and anyone who even look sick is gone. But if you work in any for any kind of utility you are living in a motel with the guys.

I think that things will keep working, you don't think that Obama and the boys in D.C. are going to let their cronies back home go without do you?

Warp
09-17-2011, 20:09
I don't know, the .gov game plan for the bird flu is isolation of all essential workers (including from their families) and anyone who even look sick is gone. But if you work in any for any kind of utility you are living in a motel with the guys.

I think that things will keep working, you don't think that Obama and the boys in D.C. are going to let their cronies back home go without do you?

That is a hell of a lot of people to keep healthy. You think they have the ability to do that? For months? Even when they have to go out and fix stuff? There will be the typical problems to fix plus everything stemming from the chaos that will ensue...especially in the urban areas.

UneasyRider
09-17-2011, 20:20
That is a hell of a lot of people to keep healthy. You think they have the ability to do that? For months? Even when they have to go out and fix stuff? There will be the typical problems to fix plus everything stemming from the chaos that will ensue...especially in the urban areas.

I read the plan and that's how they want to do it. I think that they plan on isolation from everyone is going to make it work out. Even if you are a trash collector, your going to go to work and live in a motel with zero family time.

Warp
09-17-2011, 20:30
I read the plan and that's how they want to do it. I think that they plan on isolation from everyone is going to make it work out. Even if you are a trash collector, your going to go to work and live in a motel with zero family time.

How do you isolate them when they go out and do their job?

If there is a period where you are contagious before you show symptoms...?

UneasyRider
09-18-2011, 08:15
How do you isolate them when they go out and do their job?

If there is a period where you are contagious before you show symptoms...?

I believe that it is a try your best scenario and that anyone who gets sick is immediately removed. It sounds a bit Draconian but it's most likely the best answer to the overall problem, I was just surprised to see the government thinking this way. There is no possible positive outcome with a bird flu or the like, just the best way to manage our losses.

Pitt
09-26-2011, 00:01
Saw it today. Loved it. One huge benefit to me personally (besides really booting me in the arse to get rolling on my preps again) is that my wife, currently in nursing school, was totally into it.

In the scene where Matt Damon hears gunfire in his neighbors home, I nudged her arm and raised my eyebrow.

She was like "Ok, we need to get more ammo and a few more guns."
In my head I'm thinking "She is finally starting to get it."

Pitt
09-26-2011, 00:02
Really got to fix the gaping holes in my preps. More food, better water containment, dual shtf rifles. 2 is 1, 1 is none.

UneasyRider
09-26-2011, 06:01
Really got to fix the gaping holes in my preps. More food, better water containment, dual shtf rifles. 2 is 1, 1 is none.

I thought that I was ok until I saw the movie too. I have most of my preps in order but I don't have enough food and water in the house and I could use some more drugs like tamiflu.

I like your weapon strategy, I went with 2 AR-15's, 4 Glocks, 1 shotgun (looking at an M4) and 2 Keltec .380 backups. Ammuntion by the case because I when it's gone it's gone. You have to keep your family safe.

lawman800
09-26-2011, 08:26
Besides guns, look into feeding devices. Cases of ammo and all the firearms won't matter when you only have 2 magazines to use.

I buy a mag or three everytime I get to stop by the cop shop. They add up pretty quickly.

Haldor
09-26-2011, 21:36
As long as Gwenyth Paltrow dies a horrible painful death on screen, I'll go see it... :supergrin:

Plus she demeans herself for no good reason and there is even a gruesome autopsy! If you loathe Gwenyth Paltrow then this is your movie. I have no idea why she took this role on.

LongGun1
09-26-2011, 21:55
Besides guns, look into feeding devices. Cases of ammo and all the firearms won't matter when you only have 2 magazines to use.

I buy a mag or three everytime I get to stop by the cop shop. They add up pretty quickly.

Besides guns, ammo, feeding devices..

..look at PSOI ! :supergrin:

http://pullig.dyndns.org/practicalpreps/forums3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2153

lawman800
09-27-2011, 05:18
I should have known better than to look at anything from you showing your stock. Now I feel woefully inadequate again....

AS for gwenneth dying, I would much rather see matt day-munnnnn die a horrible death anyday. The best movie ending ever was in the departed when he got his head blown off.

pugman
09-27-2011, 05:54
I Agree.

Matt Damon seems to be pretty good at selecting scripts though; you may not connect or even like some of his previous stuff (The Brothers Grimm and maybe Stuck on You-which I actually thought was funny-come to mind) but for the most part he does a decent job.

2010 with True Grit, Green Zone and Hereafter was a decent year for him

Now if Nicholas Cage was in this you could pretty much guarantee a floater.

I have found in these types of flicks...its usually a weak script, bad effects or Hollywood's inability to tell how bad things could truely get kills the film.

Blindness with Mark Ruffalo still gives me the creeps. Watch that with your eyes shut and just listen to it...

Well, I stand corrected. Hollywood actually gave this a good shake.

Saw it over the weekend. Serious thumbs up as it gave my wife actual nightmares. If you knew what I dealt with: this is a good thing

Hints of political corruption, LEO unattendance rates of 25%, raids on local stores, violence/crimes..

The one thing the story never really got into was the death toll other than the disease. 6 months with interrupted food distribution is more than enough to see a good portion of the nation starve to death. Add in "One Second After"'s idea about disrupted pharmaceuticals and I'm surprised a full third of the U.S wasn't dead.

I was also surprised to see the power was still on and bodies weren't burned rather than buried.

And the one thing which I understand would happen but completely rubbed me the wrong way was the "President is going underground" in his nice safe bunker. Typical politican--lead from afar and ensure our hold on the people will stay intact after the pandemic passes

LongGun1
09-27-2011, 18:31
Well, I stand corrected. Hollywood actually gave this a good shake.

I really thought so....but exceptions/spoilers below.

Saw it over the weekend. Serious thumbs up as it gave my wife actual nightmares. If you knew what I dealt with: this is a good thing

I have now seen it 4 times..

..bringing prepping relatives, friends & co-workers after the 1st.

Want to know what a real pandemic may be like..

..this picture beats 1,000 words! :supergrin:

Hints of political corruption, LEO unattendance rates of 25%, raids on local stores, violence/crimes..

Yep!

The one thing the story never really got into was the death toll other than the disease. 6 months with interrupted food distribution is more than enough to see a good portion of the nation starve to death. Add in "One Second After"'s idea about disrupted pharmaceuticals and I'm surprised a full third of the U.S wasn't dead.

***SPOILERS***

Now....for the more gritty part..

..the 1918 pandemic killed between 3% to 6% of everyone living at that time...not 1%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

IMO....the death ratio from this scenario would have been higher.....10% or more...because of modern day factors like speed/volume of air travel, etc... more mobile society, just-in-time-delivery, etc

That would be at least 700 million dead worldwide...

..and at least 30 million in the USA alone.

I have read where the movie was 'toned down' considerably..

.. because the actual reality of a pandemic this deadly & fast..

.. would be so gruesome people would "withdraw"..

.. & when the word spread it could be a commercial flop.

That being said & IMO..

..this is the most accurate movie I remember portraying a pandemic..

..but it is still a commercial enterprise.

Most people do not want to see rotting unburied bodies on the street being torn to pieces by dogs, birds & rats as entertainment! :shocked:

I was also surprised to see the power was still on and bodies weren't burned rather than buried.

See above on the bodies..

..but the power & telecommunications is highly automated..

..& the government has executive orders in place to "draft" invaluable infrastructure support personnel...IIRC

I would not be surprised if 3 or 4 shifts of healthy workers were not sequestered for keep critical infrastructure going...(electricity, natural gas, water, sewer, etc)

And the one thing which I understand would happen but completely rubbed me the wrong way was the "President is going underground" in his nice safe bunker. Typical politican--lead from afar and ensure our hold on the people will stay intact after the pandemic passes

Yep....no civil defense for the common man..

..let him & his family rot..

..but nothing spared for "continuity of government"! :steamed:

LongGun1
09-27-2011, 18:43
I should have known better than to look at anything from you showing your stock. Now I feel woefully inadequate again....

Nah.....that was just methods... :whistling:

.. with just a pinch of stock! :rofl:

AS for gwenneth dying, I would much rather see matt day-munnnnn die a horrible death anyday. The best movie ending ever was in the departed when he got his head blown off.

"The Departed" was excellent...IMO!

And to think Whitey & friends were even more ruthless in real life! :shocked:

dennis3dflyer
09-27-2011, 23:44
Big Disappointment!!!!

I just got home from seeing it. Yes many famous actors in it. But I personally feel that the movie did not show a intense way emotionally and physically the suffering that would be actually be happening during such a situation, the Starvation ie more hungry people causing violence and actual suffering from being hungry, Results of the Trash Not Being Picked Up ie Rats and other Disease. Other Infrastructure failure, Electric,Sewer,Water Economic loss of paychecks, ect. I think it portrayed too many people doing to well after 3 to 5 months in from the start of the event.

And as other's have said no selfdefence actions showed!

To me it seemed a low buget movie. Except for the money spent on actors.

Dennis

LongGun1
10-16-2014, 01:05
Good timing for a...

:bump:

wjv
10-16-2014, 10:30
One of the best for showing how a government might actually react under international pressure.

The Flu
http://www.thedarewall.com/tv/watch/the-flu-2013

Pretty good movie! It's a Korean movie, so there is no Engrish version. But good sub-titles.

The Dare Wall is a safe site (no viruses or such). I have visited there hundreds of times with multiple computers and never had any virus issues. Avast lists it as a safe site. But you do want a pop-up blocker so you don't have to deal with the stupid ads.

wjv
10-16-2014, 10:42

LG1 doesn't bother buying extra mags. He has so many guns, when one runs dry, he tosses it aside and just grabs another gun. :supergrin:

LongGun1
10-16-2014, 16:55
LG1 doesn't bother buying extra mags. He has so many guns, when one runs dry, he tosses it aside and just grabs another gun. :supergrin:

Neo in "The Matrix"! :rofl: :supergrin: