G27 converted to .357 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G27 converted to .357

Rangerwt
07-15-2011, 12:22
Hello, Mas. I was at my local gunshop last weekend, and I metioned to the dealer that I was thinking of getting a Lone Wolf G33 barrel to convert my G27 to .357. He said that he had done the same thing, but he bought a factory Glock barrel instead. He said that way a DA couldn't go after him for having a customized pistol if he ever had to use it in self defense. Do you agree with that. Would the brand of barrel make any real difference legally speaking?
Thanks in advance and thanks for your support here at Glock Talk.

Mas Ayoob
07-15-2011, 17:50
Ranger, no disrespect to your local guy, but I see it differently. If the barrel and caliber have been changed, the gun HAS been "customized," to a greater or lesser degree.

I don't know where you're located, but your local dealer is almost certainly more familiar with your local chief prosecutor than I am, and he may have found that person to be anti-gun. If that were the case, though, I'd just swap into a Glock in the caliber I wanted instead of changing the barrel.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. It wouldn't hurt, though, to check with your state's gun owner's civil rights group(s) and see if they've been seeing a problem in your area with that particular prosecutor's office.

Again, not dissing your local dealer, just offering a somewhat different opinion on the matter you asked about.

best,
Mas