Aftermarket barrel for self defense? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket barrel for self defense?

ucsdryder
07-15-2011, 18:45
I just bought a g29, and the seller gave me a new storm lake barrel. It is a ported barrel. Is there any reason for me to think the aftermarket barrel would be less dependable than the stock glock barrel? Any other reasons I should NOT use the storm lake barrel for CCW?

Thanks!

HAMMERHEAD
07-15-2011, 18:57
The 10mm is a great feeding round, and even my aftermarket conversion has been reliable, but I would not choose a ported barrel for personal defense. You may have to fire from close to the body position and the blast will go straight up toward your face.
Plus the factory barrel probably prove to be the most reliable in the long run and it's shorter/quicker.

Maine1
07-15-2011, 19:10
i carry with a LWD barrel, after many rounds through it. I got tit for brass life primarily, and to shoot lead. The chamber support helps my brass last.
as long as you do your due dillegence for reliability i'd say you no were good to go.

dkf
07-15-2011, 19:15
Don't some of the aftermarket barrels have a tighter chamber than the Glock barrels? Anyway I use the Glock barrels, not like I'm using non jacketed rounds for SD anyway.

ChaneRZ
07-15-2011, 19:23
Stay with stock barrel. Less FTF. Aftermarket tends to jam.

hikerpaddler
07-16-2011, 06:49
Stock unless you're shooting lead.