1911 Choices [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Choices

Glocklvr
07-15-2011, 23:02
Mas, if you are unable to render an opinion on this I understand, however I am going to purchase one of these three 1911's Les Baer SRP Nighthawk Talon 5" or a Wilson Protector. I have heard rumblings that Nighthawk QC has slipped? Les Baers or so tight concerns (probably unfounded) about the reliability. I never have heard a negative word about a Wilson reguardless of model. Any feedback you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

P.S. Personal Defense and IDPA will be primary purpose.:dunno:

Mas Ayoob
07-16-2011, 06:10
Recent samples I've seen from all three makers have been top notch, though any manufacturer can let a lemon out. Les Baer: recently ran across one with extractor problems. You're aware of their famous tightness out of the box, so make sure you run several hundred rounds through to loosen it up before you carry it, in case you have to run the slide against the belt one-handed in an injured user situation. Wilson: the trigger pulls tend to run a little light, more "target trigger" than "street trigger," so order accordingly or try the trigger in the shop before you buy. Nighthawk: early guns had some function problems, later ones I've seen have been fine.

These are all Mercedes-class production and you shouldn't go wrong with any of the three. Might want to open a thread in the 1911 section here and gather more opinions.

best,
Mas

Glocklvr
07-16-2011, 19:53
Thank You, I have opened a thread but am a little concerned about "hear say" opinions. Glad to be able to have your opinion.