What will the world be like after SHTF and what will you be doing about it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What will the world be like after SHTF and what will you be doing about it?

ric0123
07-16-2011, 10:44
I had a conversation with a friend that I've been slowly converting to the SnP mindset. We got to talking about something else that she's interested in, which is basically the next evolution of civilization. Which lead to some other conversations.

So, here's my question.

What will the world be like after SHTF? What will the world look like, and more importantly, what will be your part in it? Will you hide out for the rest of your days, or will you go out into the world and try to assist in the rebuilding?

Let me expand that further.

As many threads on GTSP have discussed, no one really knows what SHTF will looking, meaning metor impact, financial break down, civil war, super volcano, etc. So we there is a lot of what ifs (as usual)

I think that most SP people have the fantasy of having 100 acres in the woods with solar and guns and canned food. My question is, is that how you really want to spend the rest of your life? After the immediate danger is over (probably 6 months to a year) what will you do to actually rebuild society? Or, do you care? Are you happy sitting in your cabin in the woods eating Mountain House meals and MRES or will you go out and try to actively assist the rest of the world?

I'm reminded of the scene in 28 days later where one of the Brit soldiers was going to kill himself because he thought that society was over (due to lack of women, but thats besides the point). My point is, what is your motivation to keep going if you think that society has ended and/or you're not doing anything to assist in its rebuilding?

There really is no right or wrong answers here, but the question has been bugging me for days.

I'll throw out my answer as best as I have it right now:

I've got my own theories as to how SHTF will happen and I'm lucky enough to have a location to go to. I suspect that I'll hold out there for a few months for things to settle down, and then I'll go wandering out into the world Mad Max style. It sounds silly, but I see it as the last great adventure. What would you rather do, sit around and grow old eating canned goods or go explore what the new world looks like? Is there a high probablility that I'll end up dead in this new world? Yes. But, we all die. Would you rather die exploring or die of old age, hunger, etc?

I'm also in the situation that I'm single, no kids. Not to say that I don't have any reason to live, but I don't have any ties or people that would be in major trouble if I was gone.

Food for thought. Ponder that a bit...

G29Reload
07-16-2011, 12:20
I'm seeing Argentina, FerFal style.

Things here wil get much worse before they get better. A huge variable is how much more damage this hateful president can do before he leaves office.

If we get a new president who

-returns any unused funds from the porkulus bill to the treasury,

-returns all spending immediately to 2008 levels,

-dismantles the hated Obamacare so that business stop being terrified of jail or fines for failure to comply

-reigns in the EPA from their terror against the coal industry

- starts letting big oil drill again

we have a chance to survive. Otherwise I don't have much hope.

ric0123
07-16-2011, 12:39

Things here wil get much worse before they get better. A huge variable is how much more damage this hateful president can do before he leaves office.

If we get a new president who

-returns any unused funds from the porkulus bill to the treasury,

-dismantles the hated Obamacare so that business stop being terrified of jail or fines for failure to comply

-reigns in the EPA from their terror against the coal industry

- starts letting big oil drill again

we have a chance to survive. Otherwise I don't have much hope.

I appreciate the reply and I agree with many of your thoughts. My question posed in this thread is, what will you do after all those things happen?

88MPH
07-16-2011, 13:21
I'd like to believe that I would be proactive and serve as a positive force in my neigborhood. I wish I could establish a plan, start the plan before the collapse, then keep it running after the collapse.

However, I'm willing to bet I end up hunkering down and doing what I can for my immediate family. I.E.-defense, patience, evaluation of the severity, then decide whether to sit tight or bug out.

ancient_serpent
07-16-2011, 13:49
My immediate plans focus on protecting my home and family. Depending on the severity and length of a disaster, I have contingency plans for my neighborhood and area.

G29Reload
07-16-2011, 14:07
I appreciate the reply and I agree with many of your thoughts. My question posed in this thread is, what will you do after all those things happen?

As much as i can, til I can't.

Depends on physical safety issues.
Can I get to work without being shot at?

Is it safe to leave the house?

Do I even HAVE a job?

quake
07-16-2011, 14:18
As much as i can, til I can't...

Welll put. One of my standard lines to people I'm trying to teach or mentor (young guys, employees, whoever) is "do what you can, where, you are, with what you've got", and that "all you can do is all you can do." Sometimes we can't predict & have to just respond instead.

G29Reload
07-16-2011, 15:19
Welll put. One of my standard lines to people I'm trying to teach or mentor (young guys, employees, whoever) is "do what you can, where, you are, with what you've got", and that "all you can do is all you can do." Sometimes we can't predict & have to just respond instead.

That's it in a nutshell. If its really SHTF most things will be beyond our control anyway so there's no use in getting bent out of shape. Leadership emerges in coolness under pressure. Map out a few scenarios with "what would I do if X, etc and your reactions will be ready to implement without hesitation.

think of your needs, and meet them. You need to breathe, not bleed a whole lot, eat drink and stay safe. Use what you have to reach that in the best possible equation.

LongGun1
07-16-2011, 15:34

Personally, I would like to see the predatory monster that our federal government has become...

..turned back into what it was intended to be...

..& that requires a massive defunding!

4% of GDP....maximum!!

Think 1910...not 2008!

http://www.cato.org/research/fiscal_policy/2002/images/growth1-big.gif

Tax Freedom Day being in January....instead of sometime in summer or worse!!

http://www.cato.org/research/fiscal_policy/2002/images/growth2-big.gif

LongGun1
07-16-2011, 15:59
My immediate plans focus on protecting my home and family. Depending on the severity and length of a disaster, I have contingency plans for my neighborhood and area.

+1 :thumbsup:

This viewpoint mirrors mine..

..but really depends on severity & type of SHTF!

If a TEOTWAWKI...I have a fairly useful knowledge base & skill sets..

..as well as supplies, equipment & tools to start rebuilding the community!

Hopefully, there will not be too many predators attempting to capitalize on & perpetuate the misery...

..but if yes...

..I originated a humorous quote decades ago that just might become reality.... :whistling:

"Making the world a better place...

..one bullet at a time!"

An enterprising young relative actually copyrighted it recently..

..& I now have it on a t-shirt! :rofl:

emt1581
07-16-2011, 20:29
I think that most SP people have the fantasy of having 100 acres in the woods with solar and guns and canned food. My question is, is that how you really want to spend the rest of your life? After the immediate danger is over (probably 6 months to a year) what will you do to actually rebuild society? Or, do you care? Are you happy sitting in your cabin in the woods eating Mountain House meals and MRES or will you go out and try to actively assist the rest of the world?

I'd much rather live in a one room shack in the middle of nowhere so long as there is some running fresh water near by (stream, river, etc.). No one to screw with me, I can control my environment MUCH more effectively, no zoning/laws to worry about...living on 100 acres sounds like paradise to me...and I already live in a great house/neighborhood.

Every few months I get the urge to buy two things...a motorcycle and a secluded piece of property in a wooded area. I'll have both before I die. The property is going to have to wait a while though.

To answer the question...

I'll hope the supplies and skills I have get my and my family through it. Hopefully my son is able to help out as well rather than just eating and filling diapers.

The main thing that will dictate how life will be is what role violence, chaos and injustice plays. If the have nots wage war on the haves, if the government helps them through confiscation/taxing, and if good and decent people let it happen life will be hell no matter how much you have saved up unless no one can find you to take it from you legally/illegally. Yes, that 100 acres sure would be sweet... :whistling:

-Emt1581

TangoFoxtrot
07-16-2011, 21:53
If it does happen, I'll be proactive alright.... but for me and mine, screw the rest of the world. It will be survival of the fittest, and the weak will be eaten. Do I sound bitter?...Hell ya! I'm just fed up with all the BS from government and people who come into this country and play the system on my tax dollar. We hand out billions of dollars to help other nations while we have major financial troubles here at home. Maybe its a good thing we bottom out...Then we could clean house and start over.

bdcochran
07-16-2011, 23:18
I don't know what will happen.

I don't know what I will do.

I will react proactively to the challenges.

I will develop alternative plans.

Dexters
07-17-2011, 08:37
So, here's my question.

What will the world be like after SHTF? What will the world look like, and more importantly, what will be your part in it? Will you hide out for the rest of your days, or will you go out into the world and try to assist in the rebuilding?

Let me expand that further.

++++++

As many threads on GTSP have discussed, no one really knows what SHTF will looking, meaning metor impact, financial break down, civil war, super volcano, etc. So we there is a lot of what ifs (as usual)

There are about 7 billion people in the world right now (there were about 1 billion in 1900).

You need to tell me what has happened - how many remain, how did people die etc. In short, tell me what is the state of the world and then I can give you an idea how I would interact with it.

A financial problem is much different from another ice age caused by a meteor impact.

Dexters
07-17-2011, 08:44

I agree with you.

The question I have is: If the USA goes the way of Argentina; what will the rest of the world be like?

FireForged
07-17-2011, 09:17
it will be my que to start growing my 1980's mullet hairstyle once again..

mac66
07-17-2011, 10:26
SHTF and TEOTWAWKI is pure fantasy. Sorry you guys, but we are all stuck having to deal with the real world for quite a bit longer.

Aeroscoper
07-17-2011, 11:53
SHTF and TEOTWAWKI is pure fantasy. Sorry you guys, but we are all stuck having to deal with the real world for quite a bit longer.

I'm wondering what sources you're tracking that leads you to this conclusion. Everything I'm reading and researching confirms that teotwawki is more about when than anything else.

I'm not thinking Mad Max or Red Dawn, more like Greece and Mexico. The norm might look like food shortages and corrupt cops, but to most Americans that's a reality few have experienced, or are prepared to face.

RED64CJ5
07-17-2011, 12:20
If there is real SHTF, the one thing I'm betting on is no GlockTalk.

TangoFoxtrot
07-17-2011, 12:57
If there is real SHTF, the one thing I'm betting on is no GlockTalk.

Don't say that! Then some won't have a social life.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

lawman800
07-17-2011, 16:13
After the initial chaos settles down, I will definitely get into some kind of profiteering because there's opportunity in unrest. Get rich off other people's misery, somebody will, might as well be me.

Then consolidate power and become a local warlord, who rules with harsh discipline but tries to maintain a semblance of the humanity we lost.

LongGun1
07-17-2011, 16:44
Warlord.....or Lord of War? :supergrin:

Andre Baptiste Sr.: They say that I am the lord of war, but perhaps it is you.

Yuri Orlov: I believe it's "warlord."

Andre Baptiste Sr.: Thank you, but I prefer it my way.

LongGun1
07-17-2011, 16:49

I am of the opposite viewpoint...

..both SHTF & TEOTWAWKI has a 100% chance of happening!

Big question is....will it happen in our lifetimes??

Just consider this current story...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/17/indonesia-volcano-spews-ash-in-biggest-eruption/?test=latestnews

Likely just to be another Indonesian volcanic eruption..

..but less than 200 years ago a similar eruption (but a VEI-7) on Tambora originated "The Year without Summer" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

Most definitely a SHTF event for those living back then!

Even earlier in time, but during human existence..

..research has indicated the Indonesian (VEI-8 supervolcano) Mt Toba almost wiped humankind out completely.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

Most definitely a TEOTWAWKI event for those living back then!

And a little closer to home...our own (repeating supervolcano) Yellowstone..

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/images/pglossary/eruptionsize.php

..640,000 years into a roughly 600,000 cycle..

..a honest-to-goodness TEOTWAWKI in the making! :wow:

Will it erupt in our lifetimes...maybe yes....maybe no??

But it will be a TEOTWAWKI.....for a long time!

Question is...are you prepared for 'catastrophic contingencies'??

Or are you hoping such an event..

(combined with a myriad of other very real threats to an normal orderly existence)..

..will simply skip this generation?? :whistling:

I don't know when these events will occur...

..but I know with certainty they will occur!

That alone is enough for me to prepare for them..

..but not to the exclusion of living a rich enjoyable life!

Especially as I enjoy preparedness & self-sufficiency as a hobby! :supergrin:

YMMV

lawman800
07-17-2011, 17:06
Warlord.....or Lord of War? :supergrin:

Just a local warlord like that guy selling guns and pimping hos interspecies in District 9. Without the whole wheel chair and cannibalism bit though.

Dexters
07-17-2011, 17:13

The 20 century is is full of it.

For recent history look not further than Darfur, Libya or Greece or Japan or ...

LongGun1
07-17-2011, 17:17
Just a local warlord like that guy selling guns and pimping hos interspecies in District 9. Without the whole wheel chair and cannibalism bit though.

Hey...if you get a exosuit that works with human DNA...

..look me up! :rofl: :supergrin:

pugman
07-19-2011, 06:18
It will be a financial crash of some sort...like most the fed comes to mind.

The U.S Government will fail at some point; while many of my less "paranoid" friends don't believe it... the math simply shows it will. You can't have $150 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities due in the next twenty years which equates to over seventy years of current income and not see this unless you choose not to.

Put another way its like the man who makes $30,000 a year and needs to come up with $2.1 million; BTW Mr Unlucky here needs to do it in twenty years.

Want a real world possibility?

I live in Wisconsin. I have a lot of family along the Marinette, WI/Menominee, MI border which is about 100 or so miles north of Green Bay. Late last year, the Navy awarded a huge contract to Marinette Marine for 10 ships at a cost of around $500 million each (I've attached a link to the story below). This is an area with a population of roughly 20,000. You can imagine what a $5 billion dollar contract did. It brought in 1,000 blue collar jobs with a pay scale which put every one of those workers above the average wage earner in the area; I believe most of the welding jobs started at over $25/hr and quite a few of the white collar engineering jobs started in the $60k range. The housing market reignited a bit, homes which sat for up to five years sold, sales of everything across the board jumped, etc.

http://www.ironmountaindailynews.com/page/content.detail/id/524557.html

Now imagine it was announced tomorrow the Navy couldn't pay for these ships?

The area had quite a few paper mills which have been slowly closed down over the past 15-20 years so there isn't much of anything in the way of a manufacturing base. Most of the area's economy is based on tourism focused on the Bay. My relatives in the area work retail or service jobs including Manager of a local fast food restaurant, a bartender, one owns a liquor store and another works a low level assembly job.

The area has been in a slow decline for probably the past ten years; but a quick hit like the announcement above would probably put the area in a tail spin. I imagine it would end up like Janesville, WI which lost its GM plant several years ago..the area has simply never recovered. Most people were on unemployment for the maximum 99 weeks (but with a failed fed you probably wouldn't see this). Considering Wisconsin is nearly $6 billion short in its budget I doubt you could count on state aid.

Is it going to be Mad Max-doubtful. Will a lot of people be out of work with little to no relief....you bet.

My plan is head north. A like minded BIL has land with a orchard and river on it. He has the skill set (I'm working on mine) I have the means

Dexters
07-19-2011, 07:11
You can't have $150 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities due in the next twenty years which equates to over seventy years of current income and not see this unless you choose not to.

Good post.

I would also add the cities and states will cut back on the police as revenues decline. But, that might not be the worst part. Cities/States/Feds won't want to pay for prisons for all the new people needing to be housed. So, the little crimes - thefts, assaults, - will not get caught and if they do the criminal will not go to jail.

Fear of the police and jail is a deterrent.

Bilbo Bagins
07-19-2011, 09:38
Good post.

I would also add the cities and states will cut back on the police as revenues decline. But, that might not be the worst part. Cities/States/Feds won't want to pay for prisons for all the new people needing to be housed. So, the little crimes - thefts, assaults, - will not get caught and if they do the criminal will not go to jail.

Fear of the police and jail is a deterrent.

That is what I see. Not a full collapse, but state and local governments going bankrupt, or cutting back significantly just to get by, in an already weak economy.

It will be like the 1970's all over again, perhaps worse.

Cutbacks in city and state funding will lead to more trash on the streets and roadside, Roads and infractructure falling apart, things will be dirtier, more graffiti, less educational programs, less public recreational activities, less utility services, and more importantly less police. The cities will quickly sink into a cesspool. Think Manhattan now, then think of it turning into Times Square 1970's in Taxi Driver. No one will want to go into the cities anymore for work, fun or vacations.

Same will spread into the burbs and rural areas. When I say crime will increase on S&P people think of home invasions and roving gangs with guns, but its not just that. You will see hookers wandering your nice suburban strip mall, and you will have metal stolen from farms for scrap. Little Billy and Suzie who is far away from the city will have more access to drugs, and with no community or school run activities he will have nothing else better to do but get hooked. What happens when Meth labs and Pot growers have little to no resistance from local law enforcement, because of cutbacks? Answer the drug kingpins will rule over your town like they do in Mexico.

At some point the have nots will riot. Heck look at what is going on with the flash mobs now, it will only get worse.

At the end of the days, neighbors and family will get tighter, people will start arming themselves, good people will have to start to step up, fix things on their own, will have to start getting ugly. Bad people who mess with those good people will start turning up dead, and that group of good people will be left alone. Eventually people will take over their own community, and rebuild. I think eventually we will pull out of it as a country in a decade or so.

sebecman
07-19-2011, 11:00
You will see hookers wandering your nice suburban strip mall, and you will have metal stolen from farms for scrap. Little Billy and Suzie who is far away from the city will have more access to drugs, and with no community or school run activities he will have nothing else better to do but get hooked.

......sounds like business as usual in rural maine.....

cyrsequipment
07-19-2011, 11:08
......sounds like business as usual in rural maine.....

You got Hookers now? Congrats, we are still waiting for ours to to get her false teeth replaced...

G29Reload
07-19-2011, 13:16
An interesting parallel is what happened to the Soviet military after 1991.

Soldiers went months without getting paid. Things stopped getting guarded. Stuff started getting swiped.

When the .gov no longer has enough to pay the military...what happens?

The several million folks in uniform don't get their chow from the chowhall fairy. Its bought on the open market or thru contracts with suppliers.

Suppliers who have to get paid.

Same with fuel. We have a strategic reserve, but that 's for war and it would only last about 90 days. Even if we burned it, then what?

do we produce our own electricity on military bases or buy it from local utliities? And the utilities get paid how?

Uniforms. Millions of them. Again, not from the uniform fairy. Someone makes the stuff and sells it to the .gov, requiring ...payment.

Uh oh, who's watching the missiles? The big ones in the holes in the ground in N Dakota and Wyoming, Montana...the crews are wearing ragged uniforms and skipped 3 meals this week...34% of the employment workforce is out looking for a job. A 6 pack of beer costs $28. A macdonalds cheezeburger on value menu is at $15. A gallon of milk is $58...gas at $20 a gallon...gold at $7800 and rising. Government contractors have stopped work because they're not getting paid and now they can't pay their rent, employees or electric bill. Ship chandlers aren't resupplying two aircraft carriers parked in Japan and . S. Korea on visits because there's no funds to cover the lettuce, baked beans, flour, eggs and other stuff that's supposed to be put aboard. The crew is looking for things to make fishing poles out of and the side elevator is gonna be used as a fishing platform out at the nearest fishing grounds.

NYC can't pay its elctric bills and subways stops running. trash is piling up. buses run on diesel and that hasnt been seen in awhile since the .gov confiscated the last barge to jumpstart some destryers trying to make it into norfolk when they ran dry....ad revenue is in the toilet and radio/tv stations are going off the air....planes are grounded and 3 major airlines, long on tight financial string go belly up in one week...the stews were gonna try hooking and got arrrested but were turned loose cause the jail was full, but they're emptying now of all the non violent offenders...leaving only the most violent behind bars..guards start to look the other way when they do each other in, since the courts arent in session and cases are backlogged....

and and and...

Markasaurus
07-19-2011, 13:48
I live in southern california where there IS no place to run to in several hundred miles. To the east is the desert, the west is the Pacific, south is Mexico which is the very LAST place i'd go. I'm assuming your SHTF scenario means no fuel and/or the roads are clogged with refugees.

I'd be stuck in an urban environment. and i have preps enough for maybe 3 days. My choice would be sit there and die, make my way to family in Ventura county and hope it's better there, or go out in the world, ally with any group that would take me instead of kill me, and sell my skill-set (fixing mechanical things). Otherwise i don't have any illusions, i'd most likely wind up buzzard-bait.

lawman800
07-19-2011, 14:17
I am also in socal and we're prepped for more days and have water stores but even then, I can't hold our forever and it's going to be an interesting trek to seek safety.

Arvinator
07-19-2011, 14:31
I would immediately load up all my guns, place the barbwire and other goodies out to keep away the unwelcome, or alert me if they arrive. I'd make sure that before our 14 day supply of water I keep on hand and rotate every 3 months ran out i would hit the nearby river and haul as much as possible. I would check our food stash and go for all the canned goods possible, then go for fresh/wild game at first to keep the other sin our small town from killing everything. We may would would bug out to the in-laws, who live on a hill, with plenty of deer and cattle as well as small game. We would cook over a open fire in the day if safe, use our camp stove and the multiple gallons of fuel for night.
Ration, inventory, and secure everything. Pray often. and just try to survive as long as possible...

LongGun1
07-19-2011, 18:42
An interesting parallel is what happened to the Soviet military after 1991.

Soldiers went months without getting paid. Things stopped getting guarded. Stuff started getting swiped.

When the .gov no longer has enough to pay the military...what happens?

The several million folks in uniform don't get their chow from the chowhall fairy. Its bought on the open market or thru contracts with suppliers.

Suppliers who have to get paid.

Same with fuel. We have a strategic reserve, but that 's for war and it would only last about 90 days. Even if we burned it, then what?

do we produce our own electricity on military bases or buy it from local utliities? And the utilities get paid how?

Uniforms. Millions of them. Again, not from the uniform fairy. Someone makes the stuff and sells it to the .gov, requiring ...payment.

Uh oh, who's watching the missiles? The big ones in the holes in the ground in N Dakota and Wyoming, Montana...the crews are wearing ragged uniforms and skipped 3 meals this week...34% of the employment workforce is out looking for a job. A 6 pack of beer costs $28. A macdonalds cheezeburger on value menu is at $15. A gallon of milk is $58...gas at $20 a gallon...gold at $7800 and rising. Government contractors have stopped work because they're not getting paid and now they can't pay their rent, employees or electric bill. Ship chandlers aren't resupplying two aircraft carriers parked in Japan and . S. Korea on visits because there's no funds to cover the lettuce, baked beans, flour, eggs and other stuff that's supposed to be put aboard. The crew is looking for things to make fishing poles out of and the side elevator is gonna be used as a fishing platform out at the nearest fishing grounds.

NYC can't pay its elctric bills and subways stops running. trash is piling up. buses run on diesel and that hasnt been seen in awhile since the .gov confiscated the last barge to jumpstart some destryers trying to make it into norfolk when they ran dry....ad revenue is in the toilet and radio/tv stations are going off the air....planes are grounded and 3 major airlines, long on tight financial string go belly up in one week...the stews were gonna try hooking and got arrrested but were turned loose cause the jail was full, but they're emptying now of all the non violent offenders...leaving only the most violent behind bars..guards start to look the other way when they do each other in, since the courts arent in session and cases are backlogged....

and and and...

Good One!! :thumbsup:

Most sheeple seem to think we are immune to this sort of thing...

..that we are "too big to fail"!

Same thing was said about the Titanic..

..and we all know how that turned out!! :shocked:

Javelin
07-19-2011, 19:02
I'm going commando. And there is nothing you can do about it!

:rofl:

wjv
07-19-2011, 19:33
It will be a financial crash of some sort...like most the fed comes to mind. . . .

Is it going to be Mad Max-doubtful. Will a lot of people be out of work with little to no relief....you bet!

I agree. . .

I really get tired of the "It's going to be 100% Mad Max; People will be killing each other for a scrap of potato; You can't eat gold; .22 will be the new currency" proselytizing that goes on here and on many other sites.

When economies/currencies collapse, Governments just don't go away. They just become more corrupt and fascist.

We may end up worse than Argentina because of our parasite class that has been growing in numbers over the past 30 years. But the only way we would get to a Mad Max scenario would be by Nuclear war, EMP or maybe a pandemic. I'm leaving the super volcano and asteroid out because those would probable be extinction level events.

ImpeachObama
07-19-2011, 19:46
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1890/img6701copy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/img6701copy.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

G29Reload
07-19-2011, 19:56
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1890/img6701copy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/img6701copy.jpg/)

Yes, and?

Pic of a van with solar panels on its roof. solar powered van? Specs?

G29Reload
07-19-2011, 19:59
It just got closer.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356971

Pricks are selling us down the river. kicking the can down the road.

Wish it would all blow up in their faces now so we had no choice but to fix it.

Just more delay, the puppet show continues.

Lawmaker
07-19-2011, 21:11
The gov will provide and care less about the masses. There range of influence with shrink to around the cities.

ImpeachObama
07-19-2011, 21:34
Specs are 30 amps of charging going to four very large batteries powering a fridge/freezer and 12volt grilles. Nice for camping and such. 2000w inverter can be utilized to a house to help out in an emergency.

G29Reload
07-20-2011, 01:28
we need pics of the whole deal. How much did it cost ?

ImpeachObama
07-20-2011, 08:21
Hmmm. Don't worry, God is in charge. Solar might not even work at some point because there will be darkness.

emt1581
07-20-2011, 14:25
Hmmm. Don't worry, God is in charge. Solar might not even work at some point because there will be darkness.

Then we all freeze to death no?

I keep telling everyone to invest in a wood stove but NOOOOOOOBODY listens... :whistling:

-Emt1581

pugman
07-22-2011, 08:51
Good One!! :thumbsup:

Most sheeple seem to think we are immune to this sort of thing...

..that we are "too big to fail"!

Same thing was said about the Titanic..

..and we all know how that turned out!! :shocked:

As a really bad movie..oh God if the fed fails does it mean George Lucas, James Cameron or Spielberg are going to make it a film out of it :supergrin:

Might as well get the rope now.

azdave
07-22-2011, 11:10
A SHTF scenario can play out in so many different ways, with so many different causes, only your imagination limits it.

BUT, I think it is safe to say that civilization will NOT be knocked back into the stoneage.
We WILL, in my opinion, be knocked back a century or so. Think, early 1900's.
Some people had lights/electricity, some didn't...some people had plumbing, some didn't...some people had vehicles, most didn't...etc,etc.

The country had a infrastructure beginning to really take shape back then, yet how well it impacted "your" life back then was strictly geographic.

If you lived rural back then...chances are you had no electricity, plumbing, etc... and relied on alternate methods for daily life.
Yet, if you lived in a "metro" area.....modern conveniences were commonplace.
In other words, if you lived in the mtn's of AZ in 1910...I bet your lifestyle would look very similar if you lived in the mtn's of AZ... AFTER SHTF in the near future.

Similar for the city dwellers....if you lived in St. Louis in 1910....I bet the infrastructure after a SHTF now would resemble that 1910 infrastructure.

COMFORT, no matter where (at least for the short term), will be dictated by how well prepped you are.

Eventually, no matter how well prepare you may be, you will be forced out of "hiding", "Hunkerin' down"....whatever you want to call it. Some may just be better set at sustaining a "no contact" ideology than others...for a while.

Javelin
07-22-2011, 11:13

Takes a lot more solar panels / higher efficiency panels than that to make it worth it IMO.

lawman800
07-22-2011, 14:49
As a really bad movie..oh God if the fed fails does it mean George Lucas, James Cameron or Spielberg are going to make it a film out of it :supergrin:

Might as well get the rope now.

Well, depending on the main character, it would be worth watching the end when he dies.

The best part of the movie Titanic was the ship sinking and all the idiots falling and spinning in the air and then finally that home wrecker Jack dying. I was laughing and cheering so hard that my (then) girlfriend was sinking in her chair hiding.

ImpeachObama
07-22-2011, 22:31
30 amps for a small system mounted to a van is no slouch of a system.

tc556guy
08-01-2011, 08:20
I'll take care of the people I am close to and try to keep my community a viable safe entity for people to live in.

TangoFoxtrot
08-02-2011, 02:14
This is a broad question, but in general just.....survive ...one day at a time.