Meal Planning [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Meal Planning

tat2guy
07-16-2011, 14:16
Can anyone recommend good websites or other resources for planning a menu for the family?

I think life would be a whole lot easier if I didn't have to try to figure out what I was gonna make for dinner every single day. If on, say, Saturday, I could draw out a menu for the week, or at least like for 5 nights of the week, and do my shopping to fit that, that would be PHENOMENAL. If I could plan meals that incorporate either leftovers or at least some of the same ingredients as earlier meals, that would be even better.

It wouldn't have to be full on regimented, like on TV shows where they have meatloaf every Monday, pork chops every Tuesday, etc, but something along those lines, anyway, with room for improvising built in, would not be a bad thing...

I appreciate any input.

gruntmedik
08-08-2011, 16:22
We were in a similar situation. What we wound up doing is having our kids (2 teens) write down 2 of their favorite dinners. Wife and I did the same. While we don't stick to it religiously, it does simplify shopping a great deal. To avoid burn-out, the more menus they write, the better.

tat2guy
08-08-2011, 19:11
Good idea, thanks.

spero525
12-06-2011, 22:24
If you're still looking for suggestions, I can recommend AllRecipes.com. Among other things, you can search for recipes by ingredients, make a virtual "recipe box", menu plan, and it creates a shopping list for you. I've been using it for several years and like it immensely.

~Spero http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc64/spero525/Emoticons/emoticon_purplecool.gif

tat2guy
12-07-2011, 12:27
I'll look into that, thanks.