Help me to be prepared to defend the 2nd [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help me to be prepared to defend the 2nd

cfec2008
07-17-2011, 07:27
I apoligize if this should be somewhere else, so move me if need be. Anyway, I was at my in laws family get together yesterday and my wifes first cousin was there and he is a really strong democrat. He graduated Vanderbilt University on a scholarship in economics. Hes really big into the elections and is always helping that campaign of representatives, and other bigger elections. I asked him how he felt about guns, and he said he was on the fence. Luckily I had my ar15 and g23 in the truck and asked hime if he wanted to try it out. He did, and he freaking loved it. He looked like it was the first time he had seen a naked girl. So I think I may have planted some good seeds with him. THEN I see his mom later in the evening and she pretty much told me she hates guns, and that they should be EXTREMLY restricted. I gave her an example and said,"If someone broke into your house at night, what could you do to stop them from raping, beating, or killing you," and she said she wouldnt be able to stop them. And continued to say how bad they are...yada yada. So I would really appreciate any information and facts that I could use to talk to a liberal gun hater next time i get the oppertunity. Thanks for the help.

eracer
07-17-2011, 07:30
You can't fix them. They often need to be maimed or killed to see the light.

GlockinNJ
07-17-2011, 07:34
Forget about his mom and people like her. Don't waste your time banging your head against that wall.

smokeross
07-17-2011, 09:47
Throw her under the bus. She ain't worth wasting your breath on. Sonny might soften her views later, after you bring him completely into the fold.

Jerry
07-17-2011, 11:06
I gave her an example and said,"If someone broke into your house at night, what could you do to stop them from raping, beating, or killing you," and she said she wouldnt be able to stop them.

Idiotic emotion cannot be overcome with logic and fact.

OldCurlyWolf
07-17-2011, 15:47
Try this. Same scenario you gave her. She won't be able to stop the BG.

Tell her: My Wife/girlfriend/daughter will be able to stop the BG. You won't and we won't help you.

Palmguy
07-17-2011, 16:04
Forget about his mom and people like her. Don't waste your time banging your head against that wall.

/thread

Spats McGee
07-19-2011, 12:34
In my (somewhat rare) dealings with antis, I find that it's very important to "frame the issue" properly.

For example, if someone were to ask me, "Do you support gun ownership?," my answer might be, "I support all of the rights in the Constitution."

If they say, "guns are dangerous," say, "that's why we issue them to the police."

If they say "we need more gun control laws," explain to them that "criminals, by definition, don't obey laws."

(Somewhere, there's a thread from which I got some of these ideas, and I'll see if I can dig up a link.)

Edited to add: The thread was stickied at the top of this forum, so that was easy: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673365

cread
07-21-2011, 00:21
what would charles darwin do?

Acujeff
07-21-2011, 16:00
I like sending Gun Facts. Covers all the myths and lies.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/publicfiles/GunFacts_BFA.pdf

cfec2008
07-22-2011, 21:46
hey guys i appreciate all the feedback. im sorry to reply back so late. ive been to a 5 day school in another state and didnt have a computer with me.