3.5 lb connector [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 lb connector

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 17:59
I had a 3.5 lb connector in my G17 frame. I sent my G17 to Glock GA to get a new 3rd gen frame. When the gun came back a few weeks later, the 3.5 lb connector came back separate from the new 3rd gen frame. I mmediately installed it into my new 3rd gen frame.

What is it with Glock? Do they disapprove of the 3.5 lb connector?

dvrdwn72
07-17-2011, 18:01
Probably just a liability issue

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 18:09
Probably just a liability issue

SO true. BTW, I had an AD with my G17 right after I installed the 3.5lb connector (!)

up1911fan
07-17-2011, 19:25
How did you get that many post's with these stupid threads?

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 19:30
How did you get that many post's with these stupid threads?

There's forty some people viewing this carry issues category.

dosei
07-18-2011, 08:43

Glock's position on the (-) connector has always been the same...it is a competition-only part and should not be put in SD guns. Doing so is grounds for immediate and permanent revocation of "Glock Armorer" certification (for any Glock Certified Armorer). I suspect that for the people who work at Glock, do so may be grounds for termination. Basicly, if the gun did not originally leave the factory with the (-) connetor in it, it will not leave Glock with one in it.

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2011, 09:05
Glock's position on the (-) connector has always been the same...it is a competition-only part and should not be put in SD guns. Doing so is grounds for immediate and permanent revocation of "Glock Armorer" certification (for any Glock Certified Armorer). I suspect that for the people who work at Glock, do so may be grounds for termination. Basicly, if the gun did not originally leave the factory with the (-) connetor in it, it will not leave Glock with one in it.

Thanks for the explanation!

David Armstrong
07-18-2011, 10:06
I had a 3.5 lb connector in my G17 frame. I sent my G17 to Glock GA to get a new 3rd gen frame. When the gun came back a few weeks later, the 3.5 lb connector came back separate from the new 3rd gen frame. I mmediately installed it into my new 3rd gen frame.

Yes, they disapprove of the 3.5 for non-competition use unless it is teamed with the NY-1 trigger.