G17 ccw [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G17 ccw

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 18:18
I wore my G17 at 11 o'clock under my belt and pants. I was wearing a pair of shorts. I stood up at church, and the gun fell out of my belted location, and I had to grab the gun through my shorts fabric to keep the gun from falling on the floor. It was never exposed. I went home and immediately put the rubber grip back on. The G17 now stays in place securely.

Whew!

ATW525
07-17-2011, 18:46
There's actually a nifty new fangled invention that solves this problem. I believe it's called a holster.

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 18:51
There's actually a nifty new fangled invention that solves this problem. I believe it's called a holster.

No holster needed. The rubber grip fixed things just fine. BTW, there is NO holster available that duplicates the carry that I use. The angle is too odd for any holster. AND, as I have said for the third time, the rubber grip has fixed things just fine. No holster is needed.

collim1
07-17-2011, 18:52
Okay, so Mexican carry.

Hasn't GT long ago reached a consensus that this is a STUPID way to carry.

Carry the gun right or dont carry it.

samuse
07-17-2011, 18:55
That's why I always go shoot a match instead of going to church on Sunday morning.

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 18:58
Okay, so Mexican carry.

Hasn't GT long ago reached a consensus that this is a STUPID way to carry.

Carry the gun right or dont carry it.

I say again for the third time, the rubber grip fixed things fine. I can carry ala mexicana, just fine, and I say again, there is no holster available that comes anyway near the angle and concealability that I have now. AND I SAY FOR THE FOURTH TIME NOW, THE GUN IS NOW FIRMLY IN PLACE WITHOUT A HOLSTER.

SevenSixtyTwo
07-17-2011, 18:58
I hope you're not carrying a Glock IWB aimed at the lilly with one in the chamber and no holster! Abraham comes to mind.

SevenSixtyTwo
07-17-2011, 19:00
Forgot to add. I have a Kydex holster that's almost as thin as Mexican carry. I've carried my 17 that way but the trigger is covered.

paineater
07-17-2011, 19:02
No holster needed. The rubber grip fixed things just fine. BTW, there is NO holster available that duplicates the carry that I use. The angle is too odd for any holster. AND, as I have said for the third time, the rubber grip has fixed things just fine. No holster is needed.

Google search "Dale Fricke holsters" His archangel holster allows for AIWB(appendix in the waistband) carry

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 19:02
Forgot to add. I have a Kydex holster that's almost as thin as Mexican carry. I've carried my 17 that way but the trigger is covered.

My trigger is covered just fine. A leather belt and pants cover the trigger just fine.

whitebread
07-17-2011, 19:03
Why not at least get that MIC product that protects the trigger. You are going to shoot yourself carrying that gun Mexican style.

3rdgen40
07-17-2011, 19:04
the gun fell out of my belted location, and I had to grab the gun through my shorts fabric to keep the gun fron falling on the floor.
Never try to grab a falling gun.You are lucky you didn't cause an ND.

Triple7
07-17-2011, 19:04
1. Do you carry it like that so the girls think the barrel is you bulge?
2. Why not a 26 or 19....
3. Why post this if you solved your problem

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 19:08
Why not at least get that MIC product that protects the trigger. You are going to shoot yourself carrying that gun Mexican style.

Not true. I have the slide retracted a tenth of an inch by my "Otapin" invention. The trigger and striker are deactivated. The Otapin is connected to a one-inch key ring hanging around the top of the G17. If I need to shoot the gun, I simply grab the keyring and yank the Otapin out. It also works anywhere else that the gun is located in my one-person apartment.

paineater
07-17-2011, 19:16
I say again for the third time, the rubber grip fixed things fine. I can carry ala mexicana, just fine, and I say again, there is no holster available that comes anyway near the angle and concealability that I have now. AND I SAY FOR THE FOURTH TIME NOW, THE GUN IS NOW FIRMLY IN PLACE WITHOUT A HOLSTER.

Dale Fricke also offers a holster called "Zack" which is basically just a kydex trigger guard that allows mexican carry with the added safety of the trigger being covered. There are holsters available that allow for the same angle and concealability as mexican carry. Choosing mexican carry is one thing, but saying there are no holsters available to accomodate this style or position of carry is simply not true. One Source Tactical carries Dale Fricke holsters.

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 19:18
Dale Fricke also offers a holster called "Zack" which is basically just a kydex trigger guard that allows mexican carry with the added safety of the trigger being covered. There are holsters available that allow for the same angle and concealability as mexican carry. Choosing mexican carry is one thing, but saying there are no holsters available to accomodate this style or position of carry is simply not true. One Source Tactical carries Dale Fricke holsters.

Does it allow an eight o'clock carry?

paineater
07-17-2011, 19:21
Does it allow an eight o'clock carry?

Yes sir, it allows for anywhere on the clock.

SevenSixtyTwo
07-17-2011, 19:22
I can see it now on Youtube. The whole congregation scattering out of the church. The preacher passing them up with a window blind tangle around his neck. Screaming dam a place that ain't got but one door!

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 19:25
Yes sir, it allows for anywhere on the clock.

Well then I am interested.

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 19:26
I can see it now on Youtube. The whole congregation scattering out of the church. The preacher passing them up with a window blind tangle around his neck. Screaming dam a place that ain't got but one door!

I say again for the second time. The gun was never exposed.

ATW525
07-17-2011, 19:29
You might want to look at the Remora holster, too. There's a review thread with pics. It's a clipless holster that sticks with sticky rubber (probably similar to what you're used to with your grip) and completely covers the trigger.

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 19:35
You might want to look at the Remora holster, too. There's a review thread with pics. It's a clipless holster that sticks with sticky rubber (probably similar to what you're used to with your grip) and completely covers the trigger.

I say again, the trigger on my G17 is covered by my belt and pants. And besides, I have the slide retracted a tenth of an inch by my "Otapin" invention. The trigger and striker are deactivated. The Otapin is connected to a one-inch key ring hanging around the top of the G17. If I need to shoot the gun, I simply grab the keyring and yank the Otapin out. It also works anywhere else that the gun is located in my one-person apartment.

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 20:21
Never try to grab a falling gun.You are lucky you didn't cause an ND.

I'll say it again for the third time. I carry my G17 with the trigger and striker deactivated. Right now I can pull out my chamber-loaded G17 and pull the trigger, and nothing will happen.

Lior
07-17-2011, 20:22
Talking about dropping loaded guns in public and Mexican carry in GlockTalk's Carry Issues forum is like shouting "Moby!" on the Pequod - guaranteed to get you plenty of critical attention.

cowboy1964
07-17-2011, 20:29
Oh nevermind.

cowboy1964
07-17-2011, 20:33
Sounds like a bizarre way to carry. I think I'll stick with holsters.

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 20:39
Sounds like a bizarre way to carry. I think I'll stick with holsters.

Go ahead. Good luck in finding a holster that allows for a secure carry and a fast draw.

DaneA
07-17-2011, 20:45
Go ahead. Good luck in finding a holster that allows for a secure carry and a fast draw.

Called a remora
http://www.remoraholsters.com/

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 20:47
Called a remora
http://www.remoraholsters.com/

Thanks for the link!

Fatstackz
07-17-2011, 21:00
I'll say it again for the third time. I carry my G17 with the trigger and striker deactivated. Right now I can pull out my chamber-loaded G17 and pull the trigger, and nothing will happen.

Well then, It sounds like from your point of view, you have all the answers. Again, I will ask, what was the point of the post?

If you want to tell us about your invention, Maybe you should just post about that instead.

SCmasterblaster
07-17-2011, 21:15
Well then, It sounds like from your point of view, you have all the answers. Again, I will ask, what was the point of the post?

If you want to tell us about your invention, Maybe you should just post about that instead.

I have tried to post about it, and GlockTalk halts the post when they see it. I expect that they will halt this thread also because I am discussing it.

TangoFoxtrot
07-18-2011, 03:24

I think you need some remedial training on ccw and why a holster is important. If you can't see why this carry is careless maybe you should consider not carrying at all. :upeyes:

ricklee4570
07-18-2011, 03:45
Prior to carrying, one should make sure that the weapon will stay secure. Do some jumping jacks, run, etc. Wear it a day in the house to make sure before going in public. There are way too many cases where people are dropping guns in public!

3rdgen40
07-18-2011, 03:59
Then WTF is the point of carrying it ???:faint:

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2011, 09:13
Then WTF is the point of carrying it ???:faint:

For self-defence! If I need to shoot, I draw the gun, pull out the pin while drawing, and shoot. It works quite well.

whitebread
07-18-2011, 09:21
I think you need some remedial training on ccw and why a holster is important. If you can't see why this carry is careless maybe you should consider not carrying at all. :upeyes:

This is one example of why I am not a fan of "constitutional carry." Clearly some training is in order.

BailRecoveryAgent
07-18-2011, 09:28
This is one example of why I am not a fan of "constitutional carry." Clearly some training is in order.

Constitutional carry isn't the problem. People will choose substandard methods of carry no matter how many flaming hoops the gubmint makes them jump through to get a permit.

whitebread
07-18-2011, 09:39
Constitutional carry isn't the problem. People will choose substandard methods of carry no matter how many flaming hoops the gubmint makes them jump through to get a permit.

You are probably correct. However, one would assume that if the reasons for using a holster were logically laid out and explained/demonstrated, as they were in my training, the subject would use that knowledge and put it to good use. Of course there is no guarantee; people still smoke cigarettes and drive cars without using the safety belts so why would this be any different. :dunno:

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2011, 09:43

I say again, the gun is securely in place under my belt. I can stand up and run, and the gun stays in place,. I have gotten some good holster links in this thread, and I am checking them out. But for now, with my rubber grip on, the G17 stays firmly in my belt @ 11 o'clock.

David Armstrong
07-18-2011, 10:48
AND I SAY FOR THE FOURTH TIME NOW, THE GUN IS NOW FIRMLY IN PLACE WITHOUT A HOLSTER.
No, it is not. I don't object to Mexican Carry and think it has its place, but do not delude yourself into thinking that it provides any firm level of security no matter if you have the grip sleeve on or not.

David Armstrong
07-18-2011, 10:51
Google search "Dale Fricke holsters" His archangel holster allows for AIWB(appendix in the waistband) carry
Law Concealement Systems also offers holsters that will allow you to carry the gun at virtually any position and angle around the waist.

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2011, 12:06
No, it is not. I don't object to Mexican Carry and think it has its place, but do not delude yourself into thinking that it provides any firm level of security no matter if you have the grip sleeve on or not.

OK. I will get a holster, and probably from the links in this thread!

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2011, 12:08
Law Concealement Systems also offers holsters that will allow you to carry the gun at virtually any position and angle around the waist.

Thanks. I shall look them up!

dkf
07-18-2011, 14:49

So you go sans holster for a "fast draw" and then modify the gun with a pin that you have to pull so the gun can fire? Makes sense.:upeyes:

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2011, 15:17
So you go sans holster for a "fast draw" and then modify the gun with a pin that you have to pull so the gun can fire? Makes sense.:upeyes:

I go sans holster because I haven't found one yet that is suitable. And the pin works well when an unauthorized hand gets a hold of the Glock. It is estimated that over half of the LEO holsters are filled with Glocks. I'll bet there have been more that one LEO killed with his/her own Glock in the past few years.

David Armstrong
07-18-2011, 16:57
I go sans holster because I haven't found one yet that is suitable. And the pin works well when an unauthorized hand gets a hold of the Glock. It is estimated that over half of the LEO holsters are filled with Glocks. I'll bet there have been more that one LEO killed with his/her own Glock in the past few years.
Don't know that is a function of the Glock, as LE officers have been killed by their own guns for a long time, and the make of the firearm doesn't seem to mater too much.

3rdgen40
07-18-2011, 17:20
For self-defence! If I need to shoot, I draw the gun, pull out the pin while drawing, and shoot. It works quite well.
Pull out the pin? WTF do you carry, a hand grenade? You make no sense at all.I don't think you should even be carrying a gun.If you ever do get into a situation where you need it, I think you will fail miserably due to poor tactics and training.Good luck.

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2011, 18:21
Pull out the pin? WTF do you carry, a hand grenade? You make no sense at all.I don't think you should even be carrying a gun.If you ever do get into a situation where you need it, I think you will fail miserably due to poor tactics and training.Good luck.

No hand grenade, just a fully loaded Glock Model 17.

jamaicanj
07-18-2011, 18:29
Not true. I have the slide retracted a tenth of an inch by my "Otapin" invention. The trigger and striker are deactivated. The Otapin is connected to a one-inch key ring hanging around the top of the G17. If I need to shoot the gun, I simply grab the keyring and yank the Otapin out. It also works anywhere else that the gun is located in my one-person apartment.

I did a quick Internet search for your invention the "otapin" and I was directed back to a thread on GT http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1294646.

How are sales of your invention coming along?

ATW525
07-18-2011, 20:06
I did a quick Internet search for your invention the "otapin" and I was directed back to a thread on GT http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1294646.

You should have kept looking. You'd have found this thread:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1313357

It has actual pictures and a description of the components it's made from (a key ring and a staple). :rofl:

beforeobamabans
07-18-2011, 20:07

This is the entire reason for this thread.

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2011, 20:34

Not at all good. Too many people think that it is a waste of time. No one thinks that THEIR Glock will be taken from them.

H&K 4 LIFE
07-19-2011, 07:52
Not at all good. Too many people think that it is a waste of time. No one thinks that THEIR Glock will be taken from them.

Or could the real reason be that no one but you thinks sticking something made out of a staple into the breech of a loaded firearm to keep it out of battery is a good idea.

:whistling:

Seelesturm
07-19-2011, 09:34

Im no expert here, but Im pretty sure that IF I was stupid enough to steal someones weapon, Id know that the keychain hangin out of the slide doesnt belong and id take it out....

I dont know anyone stupid enough to not see a Disney World souvenier hanging out of a firearm.

kdm2
07-20-2011, 21:30
My trigger is covered just fine. A leather belt and pants cover the trigger just fine.

I ain't sitting by you in church.

mikegun
07-20-2011, 23:28
lighten up on the poor guy, he has a right to carry his gun his way, i think you have made your various points....imho

Camu Mahubah
07-20-2011, 23:36
You wear shorts to church?

SCmasterblaster
07-21-2011, 09:02
You wear shorts to church?

Yes, I rode my bike to church that day.