MIC holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MIC holster

cjs83
07-18-2011, 14:51
I am new to carry&conceal, anybody use the MIC holster? I like the design of it, any reviews from GT members? or should I consider using a different holster?

sgtlmj
07-18-2011, 14:56
I like it for just covering the trigger guard if I want to throw the Glock in the center console or under the seat of my truck, but for proper CCW I use a TT Gunleather.

quichedem
07-18-2011, 17:31
Bump. I want to hear from MIC owners as well. I am considering one of these to carry my favorite gun (G22) when cooler weather permits. I also want one of these for my regular EDC (HK P2000), but they never bothered to return my emails asking about custom or other pistol availability.

Cletus
07-18-2011, 18:25
I have one and use it sometimes. For the price, it is a cool little holster. When I use it I carry appendix, with the loop around my belt. I like the fact that it is very minimal and nice to carry on hot days with a t-shirt. There is a lot of retention though and a loud pop when reholstering. Overall it's a nice little holster for the money and has it uses.
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3489/dsc0011sc.jpg

dkf
07-18-2011, 18:27
Another option

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_97_119&products_id=1617

Cletus
07-18-2011, 18:44
Why get a knockoff at the same price? Get it from glocktech, the ones who invented it over ten years ago specifically for glocks.

dkf
07-18-2011, 18:58
Why get a knockoff at the same price? Get it from glocktech, the ones who invented it over ten years ago specifically for glocks.

For all you know Glocktech stole the idea from someone else.

I could really care less who you buy it from. Raven concealment makes good products and the Vanguard already comes trimmed. Like I said, another option.

snubfan
07-18-2011, 19:03
For 20 bucks you can't go wrong. Even if you don't end up carrying with it, it's a great way to store a Glock. I use one for consule carry and my nightstand. I keep a Surefire flashlight clipped on to the ripcord.

barstoolguru
07-18-2011, 20:00
I hear they will rub you a raw spot with an all day carry but that can be expected. but you can get one on eBay for 14.99+ shipping

reppans
07-19-2011, 07:37
I have one. As others have said, you really can't go wrong for $20 as it has many uses.

I use mine at 3:30. Adjust the string and use a cow hitch on your belt, oriented the right way, and you can adjust ride height on the fly by a half inch or so. The gun can also easily be shifted to 3:00 or 4:00, discretely, depending upon if I'm standing/walking or driving/sitting/lying down, so I can appear narrower, or simply want to keep the gun butt out of the way.

Feels perfectly secure for casual walking, standing and sitting, but if you're vigorously moving, it feels is less so, and will work its way loose, or need constant adjusting. I was working on my bike on the garage floor - hands and knees, bent over, sitting, moving around, etc. and it needed to constantly adjusted.

I have no issues drawing from it. And you can reholster (takes 2 hands) quietly by slightly splitting the kydex open with a finger.

Wouldn't want it as my only holster, but I like it as an option.

FAS1
07-19-2011, 08:40
It's not a holster. It's simply a trigger cover and I would not consider "Mexican Carry" with it. Get a proper holster that works for your needs. There are plenty to choose from.

Bill Lumberg
07-19-2011, 11:51
Sgtlmj is correct. It isn't a holster, not suitable for carry, but nice for a drawer or glovebox. I like it for just covering the trigger guard if I want to throw the Glock in the center console or under the seat of my truck, but for proper CCW I use a TT Gunleather.

mikegun
07-21-2011, 11:01
I have a VANGUARD, well made and it had a lifetime guarantee on it..works fine and does what it is supposed to do.

FAS1
07-21-2011, 11:20
It isn't a holster, not suitable for carry, but nice for a drawer or glovebox.

For 15 bucks I would buy a nylon holster that gives the gun a little protection too. I just don't like laying my guns down and scratching them up more than necessary. I guess either way it would require two hands to draw?

Cletus
07-22-2011, 03:24
This looks like the older style one, but this is how it works. v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7BI8yyGfH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmy-0oW_UM&NR=1

hikerpaddler
07-22-2011, 03:55
Not even close to adequate. More of a novelty item than a holster.

Cletus
07-22-2011, 15:15
Can you elaborate?

Esco
07-22-2011, 15:26
Not this again...Seriously, this is a fantastic holster! Especially for those of us living in warm, humid areas that wear tighter and smaller clothing. I have many many holsters including the MTAC for comparison, and this one is the only one I carry with. If you want better retention, you can add a clipdraw with it and it will hold really well. I never needed to and will probably never carry in a "regular" holster ever again.

There are so many that want to state it isn't a holster. How is it not? ever holster does the same thing....cover the trigger guard as well as hold the firearm in place. this does both without the massive amounts of bulk that conventional holsters cause. No more Tumor growth from my side ever again...No Thank You.

Also, Do a search...It will show many threads on this holster and opinions that are positive and negative. Just know that the majority of those that speak against it, have never tried one.

Cletus
07-22-2011, 23:06
Thanks for the reply. I never said it was the best holster on the market, but for $20 it sure is nifty. I don't comprehend how it is not an adequate holster? It covers the trigger to prevent AD of your weapon, it keeps the weapon in place IWB, and it provides easy, quick access to your weapon. I keep my gun on me all day so I don't have to worry about it being protected when I set it down. I have other holsters, but this one is exactly what is states... Minimal Inside Carry

steveksux
07-23-2011, 08:14
It's as secure as Mexican carry without leaving the trigger exposed! :rofl:

Try a real holster made of kydex with an actual belt attachment. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/Default.htm

Randy

Bill Lumberg
07-23-2011, 11:49
Correct steve.

Pierre!
07-23-2011, 13:51
I found the advantage to the Vanguard - You can get the trigger exposed with one hand even if the cord breaks or disengages from the Vanguad.

The protuberance that the lanyard goes into works great for this purpose.

Don't think I would waste my time with the MIC... It is only 1/2 of the solution...

steveksux
07-23-2011, 14:53
Correct steve.

The way I look at it, if its the bulk of a real holster that bugs you and makes you want to try the mic, as long as you can get a real holster that actually holds the firearm securely, without the bulk, the entire justification from trying a mic evaporates, thus no need to deal with the lack of secure attachment to a belt. Its an poor attempt to solve a problem that's already been solved much better.

Fist ultra thin kydex. All the holster. None of the bulk.

Randy (not steve)

sgtlmj
07-23-2011, 21:10
Stand by for a new AIWB holster from RCS that is almost as minimal as the MIC, but has a more traditional attachment system. Should be out in August, and will ship on demand instead of having a huge backlog like the rest of their line.

Uncle Punk
08-06-2011, 22:56

happyguy
08-07-2011, 13:43
It's better than Mexican carry.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandler/articles/2011/08/07/20110807cr-*****shot0811.html
Police urge holster use after man shoots his own *****

9 comments by Laurie Merrill - Aug. 7, 2011 11:28 AM
The Arizona Republic

In the wake of a Chandler man accidentally shooting his own ***** with his fiancee's pink pistol, police are warning armed residents to use holsters, not waistbands.

The movies and TV shows, like Sons of Anarchy, that show tough guys with guns shoved into their jeans are not realistic, Chandler Police Detective Seth Tyler said Sunday.

The cops and robbers of the silver screen most likely use rubber weapons, which weigh far less than the real things, Tyler said.

"Whenever you handle a firearm, whether you are a novice or experienced, always treat firearms as though they are loaded, said Tyler, a spokesman for the department. "If you are going to carry a handgun on your person, use a holster, not your waistband."

Meanwhile, it is not clear if the 27-year-old Chandler man who shot himself Tuesday evening in the Fry's Food Store parking lot in the 900 block of W. Elliot Road has been released from the hospital or suffered any permanent damage, Tyler said.

"He is recovering," Tyler said.

The man may possibly face charges, too, Tyler said. "The case agent is still determining that," Tyler said Sunday.

The man was carrying the pink gun in his waistband when it went off, hitting his ***** and going through one of his legs.

Tyler was unsure of the type of gun, or whether it had a safety that was off.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandler/articles/2011/08/07/20110807cr-*****shot0811.html#ixzz1UNOGOmUc

Edit: Thank you GlockTalk filter :upeyes:

Regards,
Happyguy :)

vafish
08-07-2011, 14:00
I have a Mic, I'll bet that most of the Mic Haters have never tried one.

jamaicanj
08-07-2011, 17:50
I have a MIC holster and use it occasionally in conjunction with a clipdraw. No it's not as stable as a two point holster, but it serves it's slim purpose.

mikegun
08-08-2011, 03:01
For all you know Glocktech stole the idea from someone else.

I could really care less who you buy it from. Raven concealment makes good products and the Vanguard already comes trimmed. Like I said, another option.

RAVEN, invented the holster and named it the VANGUARD..

Uncle Punk
09-01-2011, 22:49

ImpeachObama
09-01-2011, 23:00
Mitch from GlockTech invented it and so there it was born, the "Mic" holster. Love mine with a G33. I have many holsters, but if I need a minimal device that I can feel safe with not shooting myself doing Mex carry, this is it.

Mayhem Inc.
09-08-2011, 16:44
Sometimes you need deeper concealment than most holsters will allow. I've carried my G27 in the MIC, here in Las Vegas for over a yr, everyday, with nothing more than a t-shirt as a cover garment. We are talking 100 F plus temps in the summer, and I have never had a problem with this rig. I do some pretty vigorous stuff with this set-up. Sure, I've got some other holsters I've spent money on...but this is my primary choice and it fits all the Glocks I own...for $20. Not secure enough for you? Tighten your belt or put a clipdraw on it and call it a day... Rock it b4 you knock it.

P.S. Glocktech now has a model for the XD(M) and Kel Tec P32/3AT.

BigJoe13
09-08-2011, 18:15
I have hiked, camped, ridden motorcycles with a G22 or G23 in a M.I.C. for the last year or so. It works well as a retaining device for the pistol I am carrying.

kimber6
09-14-2011, 20:26
I have a MIC, remora and king tuck for my g 26. I absolutely LOVE the MIC... Such a great way to carry with little discomfort and quick draw. I wouldnt carry with any bigger gun but I really like it for my 26 and would definitely recommend it.

Uncle Punk
09-19-2011, 11:06

barstoolguru
09-19-2011, 11:35
I carry in a belly band and use a saft-t-blok.