MN permit to carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MN permit to carry

clarson_75
07-18-2011, 15:01
I applied for a permit to carry in early july. I was just wondering, with the government being shut down, am i still going to get it in 30 days?

cjs83
07-18-2011, 15:08
I am taking my class thursday at bills gun range, from what I read the shutdown has no effect on this matter. who did you go thru to get your permit?

scorpio2011
07-18-2011, 15:10
I applied for a permit to carry in early july. I was just wondering, with the government being shut down, am i still going to get it in 30 days?
probably after the shutdown is over
how did you apply when the goverment shutdown july 1st?

cjs83
07-18-2011, 15:13
probably after the shutdown is over
how did you apply when the goverment shutdown july 1st?

From what I have read the Shutdown has no effect because since Sheriff offices are still open and they are the ones that issue the permit, or in some cases your local police station.

clarson_75
07-18-2011, 15:25
i went to the houston county sheriffs office. even during shut-downs the police are still working. I live in iowa, very close to the state line. its suprising how many people come down here now to get their powerball tickets! i think its stupid

cjs83
07-18-2011, 15:27
i went to the houston county sheriffs office. even during shut-downs the police are still working. I live in iowa, very close to the state line. its suprising how many people come down here now to get their powerball tickets! i think its stupid

I play the PB just about every week, and I want my tickets back:crying: but I am not willing to drive that far for some.

kmb
07-18-2011, 16:32
You still might receive your permit within the statutory 30 days, even with the shutdown. You could contact the Houston County Sheriff Dept and politely ask if the shutdown is an issue.

After that, I'd move to Washington County, pay $75 for the permit, and have it less than a week later (mine took 4 days). It's nice having a pro-2A sheriff. :)