How does your lodge.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How does your lodge..

Chuck66
07-19-2011, 20:24
get out the info? Keep members informed and interested?

We've got a monthly bulletin that we email out to a list of (currently)99 recipients, and we have a Facebook page, and a webpage that's really just an announcement of our address and contact info.

I run the bulletin and the FB page, and I'm looking for new ways to keep it lively and change it up a bit. On FB, I post the occasional Masonic trivia tidbit, throw out an occasional quote, announce upcoming degree work, etc. I try to put something new up every few days on the FB page. The email is more just for announcing work dates and the monthly bulletin which is basically a recap of the stated meeting.

How does your lodge do it? A few new ideas couldn't hurt, that's for sure.

Javelin
07-19-2011, 20:44
Website & emails.... holy crap do some folks go overboard on the email traffic though. Ended up making a little folder so I don't have to look at it all the time.

:)

Batesmotel
07-19-2011, 21:29
All web, except for a few old guys still only on snail mail.

Badger1911
07-20-2011, 16:00
Email, FB, and phone. We are a small lodge, but growing.

jakebrake
07-20-2011, 16:05
monthly bulletin, and word of mouth. we are a good size, but ours is an older lodge.

our website doesn't say much.

mmsig229
07-21-2011, 08:41
Newsletter on e-mail, web site, cell phones.

freespirit34
07-21-2011, 08:48
phone tree and mass texts .... all business no bull.

waynewatson
08-13-2011, 21:48
Our lodge secretary has an email list. Of course telephone is used quite a bit. Our website is mostly after the fact, heck if you look at it you would think we only do York Rite:supergrin:.

http://uppermasons.org/

deputy tom
08-16-2011, 10:05
Our Lodge send out the trusty old monthly bulletin.There is a " call everyone " automated phone system for alerting members of a funeral service and other last minute news missed or in between the bulletins and we still phone/contact one another like in years gone by.tom.:cool: