Police, yes; amateurs, no [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Police, yes; amateurs, no

HerrGlock
07-20-2011, 08:04
Gee, how odd. An uninformed but concrete opinion on CCW.

http://www.htrnews.com/article/20110720/MAN0602/107200512/Police-yes-amateurs-no

polizei1
07-20-2011, 09:00
What an idiot. That's really all that needs to be said.

"All you can carry is pepper spray, which is great as a food seasoning." Obviously this idiot hasn't been sprayed with OC, because I have, and it hurts like a MF.

Dumbass.

Mister_Beefy
07-20-2011, 10:52
"after the first innocent child is dead"

yeah.

BailRecoveryAgent
07-20-2011, 10:58
Just another "Blood will run through the streets now that CCW has passed" idiot.

On a side note, I would pay money to see him us OC as flavoring in a dish and eat it.

Snowman92D
07-20-2011, 11:18
Some people see being helpless and not competent to deal with life as a mark of urban sophistication. The dumbass lost me when I got this far into his diatribe:

"If someone comes at them in public with a baseball bat, they can't pull their gun, either. By law, you can only use equal force."

Someone once wrote that certain men are kept alive only by the exertions of better men than themselves. This clown is a classic example. Luckily those types don't have many kids. Must be a low sperm count or something.

collim1
07-20-2011, 14:44
Some people see being helpless and not competent to deal with life as a mark of urban sophistication. The dumbass lost me when I got this far into his diatribe:

"If someone comes at them in public with a baseball bat, they can't pull their gun, either. By law, you can only use equal force."

Someone once wrote that certain men are kept alive only by the exertions of better men than themselves. This clown is a classic example. Luckily those types don't have many kids. Must be a low sperm count or something.

Because of TV and movies like The Bourne Identity, people do not realize that a baseball bat to the head=DRT.

NOLA_glock
07-20-2011, 14:48
What an idiot. That's really all that needs to be said.

"All you can carry is pepper spray, which is great as a food seasoning." Obviously this idiot hasn't been sprayed with OC, because I have, and it hurts like a MF.

Dumbass.

Plus it tastes terrible.

LongGoneDays
07-20-2011, 15:35
Hmm some guy comes at me with a baseball bat I think I'll equal his force and then raise him a couple of notches. Is the author referring to WI law or just saying whatever "proves" his point?

kensteele
07-20-2011, 18:13
Someone said "Your post is COMPLETE nonsense."

Matthew Courtney
07-20-2011, 18:47
Hmm some guy comes at me with a baseball bat I think I'll equal his force and then raise him a couple of notches. Is the author referring to WI law or just saying whatever "proves" his point?

Because a bat wielded as a weapon is a deadly one, and because there is only one level of dead, using a firearm to counter a baseball bat attack is meeting force with like force.

rohanreginald
07-20-2011, 21:15
The author is an idiot. When you argue with an idiot it brings you down to his level. This not worth arguing over.

HerrGlock
07-21-2011, 01:37
The author is an idiot. When you argue with an idiot it brings you down to his level. This not worth arguing over.

Keep in mind when you post on pages like that you're not posting for the original author. You're not going to change his or her mind. You're offering another point of view for the several hundred to thousand people who will read the page and might consider the author's point of view as a valid one and if that's the only one their exposed to then that's how they'll vote next time.

Make sure the pages have your take on the issue so people get all sides and can at least make an informed decision.

LongGoneDays
07-21-2011, 02:07
Because a bat wielded as a weapon is a deadly one, and because there is only one level of dead, using a firearm to counter a baseball bat attack is meeting force with like force.

True, but a gun vs, bat is more likely to be deadly for him than if I had my own bat and fenced with him.

ICARRY2
07-21-2011, 02:57
I can't wait until this idiot gets shot because he threatened someone with a baseball bat and then tells the person with a gun, "Hey, you can't shoot me. You can only use force that is equal to mine."

ICARRY2
07-21-2011, 03:01
I'm thinking anyone who wants to carry a bat, knife, etc. should be required to take a mandatory training class so they know they will get shot, maybe dead, if they are stupid enought to threaten someone with a bat or knife.

H&K 4 LIFE
07-21-2011, 08:50
Our experienced police do a fine job at protecting us. They don't need any amateurs stepping in.

Just more of the typical "'I believe in the fallacy that someone else is responsible for my own safety, therefore I see no reason why anyone else should be allowed to assume responsibility for theirs."

And what about being an armed citizen automatically makes one an "amateur"?

There are many police officers who practice only when required to by their department (i.e. not often enough) and some who consider the gun as nothing more then a part of their job. There are also many civilian CCW permit holders who are very serious about what they are doing, are well learned with firearms, practice on a regular basis and pursue increasingly higher levels of training.

It's easy to draw the kinds of ridiculous conclusions made in this article when your ignorant of the actual realities surrounding the subject.