Uncle Mikes IWB vs. MTAC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Mikes IWB vs. MTAC

ff-emtp
07-20-2011, 20:58
So not sure if this is in the right sub forum but I'll give it a shot. I recently decided to try IWB(going from ankle carry for Glock 27 or a P32 in my pocket) carry for my Glock 27(if it helps I'm 6'00" and around 190 pounds so I went and bought one of the cheapo Uncle Mikes IWB holsters to see how I liked it, well so far I do (except for wearing my pants from before I lost weight). Since I like it I have decided to step up to probably one of the MTAC IWB holsters but am sorta worried about it due to the following issues:
1. The Uncle Mikes sits too high for my liking, will the MTAC sit low enough in the lowest position to be about even with my belt line?
2. Would I even be able to conceal the G27 with this holster and my body?
Also can anyone shout out a few tips to help keep printing down? It may just be me but it seems to throw my clothes lines off so much that it stands out like a purple elephant in Walmart.
Thanks guys ahead of time

toshbar
07-20-2011, 21:55
1. MTAC is completely adjustable for cant and ride height. I have my CTAC adjusted so the first finger groove on my 23 is level with the top of my belt(have to pull the gun out before I can get my middle finger all the way around) and is FBI at about 10*. I wear it at 3:30-4:00.

2. Yes. I'm 5'9", 150# and conceal a 23 well. Just watch out bending over. Squat instead.

rick458
07-21-2011, 00:02
You can set an MTAC where the top of the holster is actually below the belt line, I wear mine with the opening right at the belt line. I LOVE my Minotaur it makes my G-17 disappear and comfortable.

Deye76
07-22-2011, 15:06
I'm 6'-1"/207lbs. MTAC and my 39 conceals with only a t-shirt. Adjust it for you, and forget about it.

Get a good belt too.

LarryD1130
07-22-2011, 15:15
What holes do yinz use?

For example, when you first get it both of them are on the middle hole(or the 3rd hole from the top[clips])

toshbar
07-22-2011, 16:58
Ctac is 3rd from the bottom on the rear and 2nd from the bottom for the front.

tadbart
07-22-2011, 17:18
what is a "yinz?"

toshbar
07-22-2011, 19:34
what is a "yinz?"
PA speak for "ya'll" probably. :crazy:

Steel Head
07-22-2011, 19:57
So not sure if this is in the right sub forum but I'll give it a shot. I recently decided to try IWB(going from ankle carry for Glock 27 or a P32 in my pocket) carry for my Glock 27(if it helps I'm 6'00" and around 190 pounds so I went and bought one of the cheapo Uncle Mikes IWB holsters to see how I liked it, well so far I do (except for wearing my pants from before I lost weight). Since I like it I have decided to step up to probably one of the MTAC IWB holsters but am sorta worried about it due to the following issues:
1. The Uncle Mikes sits too high for my liking, will the MTAC sit low enough in the lowest position to be about even with my belt line?
2. Would I even be able to conceal the G27 with this holster and my body?
Also can anyone shout out a few tips to help keep printing down? It may just be me but it seems to throw my clothes lines off so much that it stands out like a purple elephant in Walmart.
Thanks guys ahead of time

I have both the Uncle Mikes and M-tac.
The UM is surprisngly comfy but stabile and secure,not so much
The M-tac is a great value at the price it's sold at and it is VERY adjustable.
I have no problem concealing a G23 with a T shirt with all day comfort.

up1911fan
07-22-2011, 21:14
Comp Tac all day long.

awdxtc
08-03-2011, 12:04
PA speak for "ya'll" probably. :crazy:

More like Pittsburgh speak for ya'll

captdreifus
08-03-2011, 20:51
Much like comparing a filet mignon to pedigree. The M-tac is not even in the same league as the UM p.o.s. Yes, I own both.

capt

Adams454
08-03-2011, 21:32
Much like comparing a filet mignon to pedigree. The M-tac is not even in the same league as the UM p.o.s. Yes, I own both.

capt

What he said. They don't even compare. After you get the Mtac, you'll feel a little dumb for even asking. I've been using the Mtac/beltman combo with my G27 for a couple years and I couldn't be happier. It really is as good as they come. For info I'm 5'11" and 240#. So I'm wider in the middle, but not small at all. And all I ever wear is a normal t-shirt.