OH Cop Threatens CCW'er [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OH Cop Threatens CCW'er

Kurly
07-21-2011, 11:34
Wow....just....wow...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-fu-with-me-cop-threatens-conclead-carry-gun-owner-during-traffic-stop/

Pretty clear to me that the CCW tried several times to notify the cop he was carrying. Unfortunately he's being charged with failure to notify....look at the video and see what you think. If the DA tries to move forward with this, I hope it goes to trial. No way if I was on the jury that I'd convict him...if anything I'd ask that the cop be cited and forced to attend an anger management class.

Okay folks, this is Carry Issues, not Civil Liberties Issues, it ain't Cop Talk, it is Carry Issues.

Bring this to a discussion of the carry issues involved in this event and how different behavior would have resulted in a different conclusion.

Keep it constructive. Go negative, it will get ugly for you.

Let's learn something from this.

rhikdavis
07-21-2011, 11:38
Already hashed out and locked up tight.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357283

John Rambo
07-21-2011, 11:42
JAMBOG!

You heard it here first!

Kurly
07-21-2011, 11:43
Already hashed out and locked up tight.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357283

Oops, my bad. Didn't see it on the first page of this section....seems like I can only edit and not delete the post. :embarassed:

Cheytac
07-21-2011, 11:45
It will be interesting to see who will retain their credentials... :whistling:

gh0st614
07-21-2011, 11:50
damn the blaze is giving me a 404, anybody got the youtube link?

21Carrier
07-21-2011, 12:41
damn the blaze is giving me a 404, anybody got the youtube link?

Go here:

http://ohioccw.org/CantonPD

This is sickening. Though I do understand the officer's frustration. The guy was obviously looking for hookers. That still doesn't excuse the officer's actions. I find it funny that Ohio Concealed Carry Association (or whatever they're called) are acting like this was some upstanding citizen being abused. This guy is likely a scumbag, but NO ONE deserves this kind of treatment. I would be suing. I can't imagine how horrible it would be having an officer place me in cuffs, then put me in his car, THEN yell at me about how he should murder me, and tell me how stupid I am, etc. I'd bet my G29 that cop beats his family.

WHY DID THIS THREAD GET LOCKED IN GNG LOUNGE?! THAT REALLY DISAPPOINTS ME. I HOPE GT IS NOT TRYING TO CENSOR ANYTHING THAT MAKES COPS LOOK BAD. THERE WAS NO BAD LANGUAGE, OR ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO BAD CONDUCT. MODERATE, DON'T CENSOR, PLEASE!

cowboy1964
07-21-2011, 13:18
Is it common practice for guys that pick up streetwalkers to also pick up their pimps?!

Has anyone seen what time of night this was yet? That factoid seems to be missing from everywhere. Not that it's that relevant, but just want to know.

BTW, the original OhioCCW story quoted the cop as saying "do you have a gun?" when in fact he said "do you have a weapon on you?". Important? No, but why can't people get basic facts straight? What else are they getting wrong?

Black Smoke Trail
07-21-2011, 13:20
Thanks for posting this. I found the link to the video and have forwarded it to some friends in the blogosphere. Hopefully this will be circulating the internet blogsphere by tomorrow morning and provide this state sponsored domestic terrorist nutjob more than all the attention he sorely deserves.

inthefrey
07-21-2011, 13:30
The Canton PD has posted a statement on their facebook page.

Mayhem like Me
07-21-2011, 13:52
Is it common practice for guys that pick up streetwalkers to also pick up their pimps?!

Has anyone seen what time of night this was yet? That factoid seems to be missing from everywhere. Not that it's that relevant, but just want to know.

BTW, the original OhioCCW story quoted the cop as saying "do you have a gun?" when in fact he said "do you have a weapon on you?". Important? No, but why can't people get basic facts straight? What else are they getting wrong?

Pimp takes money so the hoe can't cheat him, it's one of the many standard ways....

Pimp then either pays her outright OR gives her crack OR slaps the crap out of her rapes her and takes the money she made on the side.. It's a dynamic business model....

21Carrier
07-21-2011, 14:14
It's a dynamic business model....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ncglock19
07-21-2011, 14:24
IBTL!!! Glad all police don't shoot for someone being stupid. :cool:

nc19

RussP
07-21-2011, 14:53
Okay folks, this is Carry Issues, not Civil Liberties Issues, it ain't Cop Talk, it is Carry Issues.

Bring this to a discussion of the carry issues involved in this event and how different behavior would have resulted in a different conclusion.

Keep it constructive. Go negative, it will get ugly for you.

Let's learn something from this.

randyr5
07-21-2011, 15:23
Looks like the Canton PD took down their Facebook page, which was up and running this morning.

LoadToadBoss
07-21-2011, 15:35
Civil liberty issues aside, I have some concerns over how one can notify an officer properly if that officer takes such aggressive control over the contact that he/she does not allow the detainee to speak. I watched the video and saw initial attempts by the driver to notify, but the cop shut him down and directed his questioning elsewhere. When I think how many ways a stop could go sideways for a CCW holder, it just chills my soul.

ETA: Thank the Lord for dash cam videos! Without such devices, this story would be so much different.

LongGoneDays
07-21-2011, 15:59
There is really nothing I can say here that wouldn't be deleted.

3rdgen40
07-21-2011, 16:03
Mistakes were made by both parties...learn from it.

1canvas
07-21-2011, 16:07
this is one fear i have while carrying and something everyone needs to concider.
i think the policeman was mad because he realized he put his partner at risk by not securing the driver before the partner started searching the car.

Dukeboy01
07-21-2011, 16:11
It's a dynamic business model....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No matter how far this thread goes downhill from here, that is an awesome line.

Mistakes were made by both parties...learn from it.

+1 and if only it could be considered that simple...

gunslinger3
07-21-2011, 16:32
IBTL :tongueout:

bustedknee
07-21-2011, 16:32
What is that NJ cop doing working in Canton, OH?

HONEY, MARK CANTON OFF THE VACATION LIST!

MAKE THAT OHIO!

:animlol:

plasticslap
07-21-2011, 16:43
The Canton PD has posted a statement on their facebook page.

link? i dont see one

eb31
07-21-2011, 17:01
I'm sure he doesn't act or talk like that at home. What a wonderful husband and father he must be. Real class act.

ICARRY2
07-21-2011, 17:19
This is why I like Arizona's law that say's if a LEO asks you if you have a gun that you must tell the truth. This way it allows the citizen an opportunity to speak up yes or no.

This law applies to those with a ccw and without a ccw.

magpie maniac
07-21-2011, 17:31
I will keep my comments as constructive as possible without calling the police officer a ****** nozzle. Here goes...

That particular law enforcement official should be terminated promptly and should look for alternative career opportunities. He should manage a Subway or something like that.

kensteele
07-21-2011, 17:34
^^I hope this goes to court from the standpoint that laws like OH must-notify and even AZ must-tell-when-asked won't stand intense scrutiny. I believe such laws are unconstitutional and could even be dangerous to the CCWer.

magpie maniac
07-21-2011, 17:45
After watching again, this cop has some serious anger management issues. He's pissed at himself for sloppy protocol and takes it out on the driver. He reinforces every negative stereotype attributed to LEOs. Sad.

Burns
07-21-2011, 17:47
I will keep my comments as constructive as possible without calling the police officer a ****** nozzle. Here goes...

That particular law enforcement official should be terminated promptly and should look for alternative career opportunities. He should manage a Subway or something like that.

1. Dunkin' would be more appropriate. Just a joke! :whistling:
2. I don't think he's management material.