Another one on mass extinction... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another one on mass extinction...

LongGun1
07-21-2011, 22:37
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/07/21/mass-extinction-caused-by-earths-burp/?test=latestnews

Be nice if we could harvest this frozen methane for fuel..

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/107728-Deep-sea-methane-Energy-Saviour-Or-Impending-Disaster-

..and reduce the amount available for a future catastrophic "Earth Burp"!

pugman
07-22-2011, 07:34
It always amazes me. Scientists can tell me what happened 100-200 million years ago...they can tell me the size of some star 1,000 light years away yet they can't get the weather right over the next 36 hours.

If methane is stored in the sea floor--why not go after it? Cost?

Toyman
07-22-2011, 10:44
It always amazes me. Scientists can tell me what happened 100-200 million years ago...they can tell me the size of some star 1,000 light years away yet they can't get the weather right over the next 36 hours....

That's because the weather stations are within a few feet of giant asphalt parking lots to they can make up global warming data. :dunno:

Cali-Glock
07-22-2011, 15:49
That's because the weather stations are within a few feet of giant asphalt parking lots to they can make up global warming data. :dunno:

Wonderful! (and not too far from the truth)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

quake
07-22-2011, 16:14
I love these idiots. When I read things like: "...The original theory blamed the extinction and atmospheric change on carbon released during a period of intense volcanism... But Ruhl and his partners discovered that this volcanic episode occurred 600,000 years prior to the end of the Triassic Period. The mass extinction occurred only 20,000 to 40,000 years prior..."

from the "scientific community", what I hear them say is, "we guessed, and darn if we weren't wrong". :upeyes: So what they're saying is simply: the theory the scientific community has preached as gospel for a century, and put in every kid's text book for three generations, was only off by a little more than half a million years.

Yet we're still supposed to take "the experts'" word on cow farts causing droughts.

R_W
07-24-2011, 14:37
Wonderful! (and not too far from the truth)

No, it IS the truth. And including data from known broken sensors...:steamed: