IWB holster under $50? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IWB holster under $50?

GlockTalk9
07-22-2011, 03:35
I'm new to CCW and looking for a IWB holster that will work fine with pants, shorts and even my gym shorts that have elastic waist band. I am using a generation 3 G26 and plan to store an additional mag in my pocket. The only ones that I could find that fit my budget is the Bianchi Model 6D ATB which comes in a old western poop brown color.

http://www.lcaction.com/popups/pu_6D%20bianchi.jpg

any other suggestions? It will be used all season round

Glockphobia
07-22-2011, 04:20
i paid a little over 40 bucks otd for my galco king tuck. very comfortable holster!

pipedreams
07-22-2011, 05:15
Have you looked in the want ads section of this forum. They have a number options in the $50.00 range or less. IWB holsters need to be stiff enough that the holster does not collapse and you can re-holster without great effort. The following link is just one example. http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4880&title=custom-kydex-holsters&cat=8 You will find a number of reasonable holsters in the want ad section.

Bill Lumberg
07-22-2011, 05:47
For a holster to perform properly, you need a gunbelt. If you're not going to wear a belt, you'll need a belly band or waistpack. Even with a belt, single clip holsters generally don't perform well (easily dislodged, "roll" up and out of the waistband fairly easily. A proper holster is stable, and does not need to be adjusted or repositioned repeatedly while worn. My suggestion is to start wearing shorts with a belt, or use an internal belt.

lethal tupperwa
07-22-2011, 05:52
a little over your price your price but worth it

use a belt with the j-hook

it is the most adjustable- thinest one

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K7.htm

ashecht
07-22-2011, 06:00
+1 on the gunbelt. You can spend $200 on a holster and it wont mean ***** without a good stiff belt to support/distribute the weight of the gun. As for the holster, check out shieldedholsters.com. Kurtis is a member here, and makes a good quality leather/kydex IWB holster that comes in at $50 shipped I believe. I have two of them, and I couldnt be happier. And you will have it in a week or so.

1canvas
07-22-2011, 06:43
remora holster. i didn't think it would work till i bought one.

grecco
07-22-2011, 06:44
Check FIST Holsters, #1 kydex iwb,
i own several and I am very happy with them.

JerryC
07-22-2011, 06:53
Belly band. Gym shorts wont hold a gun, holster or no.

glocker56
07-22-2011, 06:55
+1 on the gunbelt --my own personal experience is that Don Hume makes a great leather iwb holster w/metal clip under $50. http://www.gunnersalley.com/

Captains1911
07-22-2011, 07:24
no way the elastic band on gym shorts is going to support a G26. You will also most likely want a holster with some forward cant.

Taurus851
07-22-2011, 08:42
look into a don hume h715, you can get them for $30 shipped and they are leather. they also look nice IMO

RobG
07-22-2011, 09:26

I agree...I wear shorts w/o a belt and polo shirts 99% of the time. The Remora stays put without a belt.

rattlehead55
07-22-2011, 10:12
I agree...I wear shorts w/o a belt and polo shirts 99% of the time. The Remora stays put without a belt.

I wear it in my gym shorts and it stays put.

IndyGunFreak
07-22-2011, 10:45
I wear it in my gym shorts and it stays put.

I keep hearing about these Remora's.. I'm gonna have to try one. I've always fanny pack'd at the gym, but the Remora is interesting.

redbaron007
07-22-2011, 11:31

I keep hearing about these Remora's.. I'm gonna have to try one. I've always fanny pack'd at the gym, but the Remora is interesting.

I was skeptical of the Remora holsters...so I ordered one....they work. I was surprised. For IWB carrying, I use the Remora. I've had mine for about a month or so.

:wavey:

red

tankermw
07-22-2011, 11:37
Try this out. I love mine. You don't need a belt and I have worn it in gym shorts with my G36.

C5A
07-22-2011, 11:39
I have been using a Kholster IWB for my G22 and for my Colt 38 Spl. Comfortable and secure. The clips that hold it on the belt are spaced far apart and gives stability.

Lior
07-22-2011, 11:45
When I carried a G19 I used a C-Tac or Infidel, which are above the requested price.
Now that I am old timer, I use a generic Remora to carry a G17 or CZ75 SP01 Shadow with excellent results.

reppans
07-22-2011, 14:43
i paid a little over 40 bucks otd for my galco king tuck. very comfortable holster!

+1, 48$ at Midway. Blatant Crossbreed rip-off though.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/110/534949.jpg

Jason D
07-22-2011, 17:08
Galco Summer Comfort should come in at just under 50.
It's better than any floppy piece of crap.

slickt0mmy
07-22-2011, 18:13
Generally, as others have said, you're going to need a good gun belt for CCW. I, and many others here, use a Wilderness Tactical Instructor Belt.
The only IWB holster I'm aware of that apparently works great without a belt is the Remora. I cannot comment on it though as I've never tried one. However, USPS tells me that mine should be here on Monday :supergrin: I'll let you know what I think then.

sr975j
07-22-2011, 18:20
remora....only IWB or OWB holster ive seen that you can wear in gym shorts. i love mine

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn106/sr975j/2011-05-13182151.jpg

Sam

rattlehead55
07-22-2011, 21:57

I like them a lot. The gun is snug in the holster too, i can hold the holster upside down with a fully loaded g27 and it wont fall out.

I keep it in the holster in my gym bag when i am working out. There is no way i could workout with a gun on me no matter how small it is.

IndyGunFreak
07-23-2011, 02:13
+1, 48$ at Midway. Blatant Crossbreed rip-off though.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/110/534949.jpg

And the Crossbreed was a blatant rip off of Comptac's M-Tac
and the M-Tac was a blatant ripoff of Tucker Gunleather's "The Answer"...

To my knowledge, Tuckers is the original version of this type of holster.

Glock_your_world
07-23-2011, 02:37
I have to agree with the remora holster. Very good holster for very little money!

HANSOLLIG
07-23-2011, 17:39
remora....only IWB or OWB holster ive seen that you can wear in gym shorts. i love mine

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn106/sr975j/2011-05-13182151.jpg

Sam

I've heard about these. Nice?

sr975j
07-23-2011, 17:45
ive only had it for about 3 months but i have been using it quite often. i switch between that, my CBST, a don hume jit, and a glock sport holster....i can honestly say that the crossbreed is starting to get a little dusty after getting the remora.

*edit. like it was said before the retention is great too but not too tight so that the gun is hard to draw. it really depends on how tight your belt is...not that you need one with this thing

Sam

DOrth
07-23-2011, 21:20
Bladetech also offers a good kydex IWB within your $50 price range.

pizza_pablo
07-23-2011, 22:27
N82tactical.com. Try this out. I love mine. You don't need a belt and I have worn it in gym shorts with my G36.

What the heck is all that backing surface area for?
I've trimmed my Crossbreed Supertuck as right as I can for added comfort.

DWARREN123
07-24-2011, 00:17
One model I have and use is the Don Hume 715 series. Small footprint, easy on and off, inexpensive, leather. I have one for a Glock 22 and Glock 20 SF.

beforeobamabans
07-24-2011, 06:06
High Noon Mr. Softy $27

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Mr_Softy/_mr_softy.html

I'll stick with my Brommeland Max Con V for all day carry, but this one gets used for my car carry as it is great for easy-on, easy-off. You can wear it just about anywhere on your waistband. The strong J-clip provides positive attachment to any belt. Very comfortable and does everything the expensive holsters do.

hikerpaddler
07-24-2011, 06:16
Wear a belt and look for a holster that has more than one clip or loop. When I was first learning the ins and outs of carrying/concealment in the 80's, I didn't know any better. It didn't take long to realize that something more stable is needed.

GlockTalk9
07-24-2011, 16:14
The Remora seems very promising. I wanted to ask for those that have them...would it stay put if you were ever to get into a tussle (while wearing gym shorts and pants/shorts with belt)? Considering reaching for the firearm is last resort, you would more likely have to go hands on first to defend yourself in terms of following proper levels of escalation.

sr975j
07-24-2011, 19:03
The Remora seems very promising. I wanted to ask for those that have them...would it stay put if you were ever to get into a tussle (while wearing gym shorts and pants/shorts with belt)? Considering reaching for the firearm is last resort, you would more likely have to go hands on first to defend yourself in terms of following proper levels of escalation.

in gym shorts, i think it may move around or possibly fall off your hip. but in pants with a belt, i highly doubt it. i am still confident that my 27 isnt going anywhere. i rode my motorcycle today for about 3 hours in gym shorts with my 27 in the remora and it never moved an inch

Sam

sandman77
07-25-2011, 22:12
+1 on the High Noon Mr Softy. Gonna be tough to support a g26 in elastic shorts though. I've carried my Ruger LCR in elastic shorts before and worked ok but that's a 15 oz gun loaded.

herose
07-26-2011, 03:56
plus one thousand for the Remora. Bought one last month along with a double mag holder. Has worked with pants (belt or no belt), gym shorts, sweat pants. I love mine. I spent the extra cash for the reinforced opening and sweat shield.

ADK_40GLKr
07-26-2011, 16:34
I'm ... looking for a IWB holster that will work fine with pants, shorts and even my gym shorts that have elastic waist band. I am using a generation 3 G26 and plan to store an additional mag in my pocket.

I bought this because I needed a cheap IWB carry rig for my G22 for the week. I think Wal-Mart called this a "Blackhawk", but it's NOT a Serpa!

It's ambi-dexterous. Set it up OWB with the velcro belt loops, or IWB sticking the metal clip into the belt loop. As you can see, I set it up for right handed IWB. The retainer strap can be used, and you position it for your own preference. (there's a little plastic ruler that you shove in between the velcro halves that enable you to adjust the velcro). Once you pull the ruler out, the pressure on the velcro holds the straps in place.

Oh, and did you notice the mag pouch on the front?

It felt terrible when I first positioned it at 3:00, but experimenting, I canted it forward a bit and the gun butt just melted into my side. My usual slightly large square cut shirt hangs over everything with no printing.

A gun this weight would drag gymn shorts down around your knees, but my good solid 1.25" belt from Gander Mt. holds it up well, and allows me a little room to cant the clip to a comfortable position.

I haven't tried carrying in public with the G34 barrel sticking out, but the OEM .40 barrel is no problem. Your G26 will be a bit shorter, but the butt and barrel would be the only difference. Wal Mart packages them for specific guns, but I plan to use this with my 27 when I get it.

Oh, and did you see the mag pouch on the front? Personally I'd prefer not to have it, but YMMV.

barstoolguru
07-26-2011, 16:54
ace case from cheaper then dirt ............... 10.00

Bill Lumberg
07-27-2011, 11:41
One of the worst holsters out there. But it's cheap until you can find something better. Beats mexican/cripdraw/mic carry by a mile. Look at a glock sport holster. 20 bucks. I bought this because I needed a cheap IWB carry rig for my G22 for the week. I think Wal-Mart called this a "Blackhawk", but it's NOT a Serpa!

It's ambi-dexterous. Set it up OWB with the velcro belt loops, or IWB sticking the metal clip into the belt loop. As you can see, I set it up for right handed IWB. The retainer strap can be used, and you position it for your own preference. (there's a little plastic ruler that you shove in between the velcro halves that enable you to adjust the velcro). Once you pull the ruler out, the pressure on the velcro holds the straps in place.

Oh, and did you notice the mag pouch on the front?

It felt terrible when I first positioned it at 3:00, but experimenting, I canted it forward a bit and the gun butt just melted into my side. My usual slightly large square cut shirt hangs over everything with no printing.

A gun this weight would drag gymn shorts down around your knees, but my good solid 1.25" belt from Gander Mt. holds it up well, and allows me a little room to cant the clip to a comfortable position.

I haven't tried carrying in public with the G34 barrel sticking out, but the OEM .40 barrel is no problem. Your G26 will be a bit shorter, but the butt and barrel would be the only difference. Wal Mart packages them for specific guns, but I plan to use this with my 27 when I get it.

Oh, and did you see the mag pouch on the front? Personally I'd prefer not to have it, but YMMV.

9x94
07-27-2011, 11:47
a little over your price your price but worth it

use a belt with the j-hook

it is the most adjustable- thinest one

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K7.htm

+1 on Fist ultra thin kydex.

9x94
07-27-2011, 11:53
+1 on the gunbelt. You can spend $200 on a holster and it wont mean ***** without a good stiff belt to support/distribute the weight of the gun.

-1 on the gun belt. A belt is necessary, but I find a regular leather belt from walmart works just as well as an expensive gun belt. I had one of the $70 gun belts from Gunner's Alley and found it to be a huge waste of money. In fact, the Gunner's Alley belt was so stiff it was uncomfortable. Luckily I was able to sell it for almost what I paid for it. The $12 walmart belt has been fine since then.

Bill Lumberg
07-28-2011, 07:03
A regular leather belt from walmart doesn't compare to a proper gunbelt. You can get by with one, but the performance is quite different.

magpie maniac
07-28-2011, 10:15
Thumbs way up for the Remora holsters.

I have a large box full of big name holsters that I bought, tried for a while, but just didn't like. Couldn't get comfortable and didn't conceal as well as I liked. I purchased a Remora a few weeks ago and I'm hooked. Very versatile (pocket, IWB, etc.), amazingly comfortable, disappears IWB, and great price.

And a quality belt is a must. I alternate between a couple of Belt Man horsehide belts and a Wilderness Instructor belt.

gusbuster
07-29-2011, 10:11
I use an Alabama Holster Co 360 ($50) straight drop in the appendix pos. with a belt outside the gym shorts and a untucked T shirt for concealment. You can get an Amish belt from Hank's clothing for $26. I switched the buckle for one of Belt Man's square buckles ($5) because it lays flatter. The Wilderness 5 stitch ($44) works great, and is probably better for gym shorts unless you're just planning on lounging around in them:)

supatrucka
07-30-2011, 17:46
Tommy makes one heck of a holster for the money I just bought another to replace my crossbreed.

http://www.theisholsters.com/