Spam [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spam

Akita
07-22-2011, 16:26
Man this spamming the forum has gotten out of hand. I'm outta here for a while until the lame goober gets tired of it and his lame links. Best of Luck to you all in the meantime.

jakebrake
07-22-2011, 16:29
i thought he meant the canned pork product.

G29Reload
07-22-2011, 18:28
I sent a note to Eric.

carpet bombing
lack of group buy in
off topic
advertising based
People leaving

Enough already.

The message may have gotten thru, I'm seeing less of it. hope it sticks.

Dexters
07-22-2011, 19:05
At least put the word SPAM or Advertisement in the subject line so people know the nature of the post.

People don't like to be made fools of.

as400guy1
07-22-2011, 19:12
I call for a boycott.

Bushflyr
07-22-2011, 19:15
I already added him to my ignore list, unfortunately his stupid threads still show up in the list.

LongGun1
07-22-2011, 19:49
Man this spamming the forum has gotten out of hand. I'm outta here for a while until the lame goober gets tired of it and his lame links. Best of Luck to you all in the meantime.

I hate to hear that..

..but at the same time perfectly understand!

You have been here long enough to remember what it once was...

..and what it has now become! :whistling:

Personally, though I still post here..

..it is much less frequent & more frivolous in nature,

..and since the Great Archive Carnage(s) & other incidents..

..I am no longer willing to invest the time here with serious prepping discussions & deeply involved technical issues (such as backup power, food prep & storage, etc)..

..mailbox stays full so PMs of a similar nature are negated.

You might want to drop by the backup site (Practical Preps)..

..as I am sure you will recognize many of the old timer expats there! :supergrin:

SFCSMITH(RET)
07-22-2011, 20:05
I haven't been here near as long as many, but I can already see the end of my time.. at this moment 12 threads on this page are "tips".. Not any way shape or reason why I am a member here.

G29Reload
07-22-2011, 20:39
I call for a boycott.

No need. Its occurring naturally.

TunaFisherman
07-22-2011, 20:42
man this spamming the forum has gotten out of hand. I'm outta here for a while until the lame goober gets tired of it and his lame links. Best of luck to you all in the meantime.

.....x2

Gun Shark
07-22-2011, 20:50
I haven't been on in a while. Whats this about?

Bushflyr
07-22-2011, 21:24
Look for 12 "threads" started by the same guy.

Syclone538
07-23-2011, 03:30
I haven't noticed anything like this in any other forums, am I just missing it or is S/P the only place that gets the fake content advertisements?

I've been thinking about joining ARF.

BlackPaladin
07-23-2011, 03:50
Agreed, while GT appears to be growing in membership numbers, if GT continues on the current path, all that will be left will be the 16 year olds posting in the GNG area.

The "old" GT was that way it should have stayed. I wish that eric could see that "progression" is not always an improvement. What GT is currently, is a business and less and less of the informal database of what it used to be.

TangoFoxtrot
07-23-2011, 05:57
Money talks !

G29Reload
07-23-2011, 07:04
Money talks !

Not if no one is listening.

FireForged
07-23-2011, 11:56
I have been around here more than 10years, probably posted in here as much as I have anywhere else on GT. I am also disappointed that this has become a AD forum. I will not be returning to this subforum anytime soon. I would like to say that I enjoyed all the friendly debate and sharing of ideas. Thanks

TangoFoxtrot
07-24-2011, 12:12
Wow is the poopy gonna hit the fan! :popcorn:

Kevin108
07-24-2011, 13:29
Maybe Leave A Tip can drop by with a link to an article on his site for how to ignore users!

This has been a great site for many years but it sadly is appears this is changing. The ad content of this site has been out of control for some time now. I use Firefox with the Adblock Plus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/) extension, along with Remove it Permanently (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/remove-it-permanently/). It keeps the site usable.

I've also added Leave a Tip to my ignore list, for what it might be worth. You'll find that feature in your User Control Panel (http://glocktalk.com/forums/usercp.php) under Edit Ignore List (http://glocktalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist). I suggest also reporting every post from that account as spam.

If nothing else, users here actively blocking that spam account will give Eric an accurate headcount on just how many of us are unhappy with it. Any idiot can setup an internet forum. There are too many other places where we don't have to sort through spam to find actual content. Eric needs to be well aware of that.

gotplastic
07-24-2011, 18:45
These leave a tip articls sux, and it's disappointing after all these years to see Eric is encouraging it. I still remember the old days when we would enter drawings so he could get the money to keep the forum afloat. Now's it's just a sell out for more profits while the users put up with this garbage. On to ar15 dot com and the better sites. Any one know where I can find a good popup for a chevy truck ??

RED64CJ5
07-24-2011, 20:29
Any one know where I can find a good popup for a chevy truck ??

I would leave you a tip, but someone beat me to it! :rofl:

TangoFoxtrot
07-25-2011, 02:45
.....and as the storm brews...

cyrsequipment
07-25-2011, 05:03
I have absolutely no problem with Eric trying to make a buck on the site. He has done a good job with the place and if he can make money, good for him. On top of that, he has apparently been rather ill lately and it is understandable that he may not be paying as close attention to what the heck is going on in here as he normall would.

HOWEVER, there are moderators around here and one of them should have stepped in long before now.

RichJ
07-25-2011, 08:58
I have absolutely no problem with Eric trying to make a buck on the site. He has done a good job with the place and if he can make money, good for him. On top of that, he has apparently been rather ill lately and it is understandable that he may not be paying as close attention to what the heck is going on in here as he normall would.

HOWEVER, there are moderators around here and one of them should have stepped in long before now.

I agree. I will also add that this sets a terrible example for other users. In the last year, hasn't there been a crack-down on user aggrement issues about what is allowed and what isn't? I think everyone is now aware of the specific issues Eric and the mods were talking about, yet they completely contradict themselves by letting this stuff through. So SPAM is still not allowed on this site? Sort of. It's allowed for some but not for others.

wjv
07-25-2011, 11:22
I haven't noticed anything like this in any other forums, am I just missing it or is S/P the only place that gets the fake content advertisements?

Yes, S/P is the only forum that I have seen that is being "blessed" with this crap. . .

S/P use to be one of the major level forums. But then we got shoved down under the "Leisure" section. How S/P is Leisure I don't have a clue. . . Now we have this spam being dumped on us.

I've been spend far more time at other forums, and far less over here.

M1A Shooter
07-26-2011, 23:28
i too have added him to my ignore list, actually over the last many years he is my entire ignore list. hate to see this place dying off.

Bilbo Bagins
07-27-2011, 07:26
That Zombie Forum is looking better and better

They may have some geeky zombie lovers , but at least they don't have spam. :rofl:

Kieller
07-27-2011, 11:07
It is sad to see such a well of info get degraded to variable message board.