Another CC What would you do? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another CC What would you do?

KTM950S
07-22-2011, 18:59
Didnít want to hijack Sam Spadeís ongoing thread (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357065) but it got me thinking... how would you handle this situation as you saw the events unfold?

Pizza Parlor Beating (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH9hca4IdLI&feature=related)

Would you get involved?

Would you draw your weapon?

At what point?

Also, how you can logically explain everyone just standing there doing nothing?:dunno:

wrenrj1
07-22-2011, 19:04
Didnít want to hijack Sam Spadeís ongoing thread (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357065) but it got me thinking... how would you handle this situation as you saw the events unfold?

Pizza Parlor Beating (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH9hca4IdLI&feature=related)

Would you get involved?

At what point?

Also, how you can logically explain everyone just standing there doing nothing?:dunno:

Too much crap to sign in/sign up just to watch the video.

kensteele
07-22-2011, 19:16
I'm basing this strictly what I see on the video, even though this video is 20 years ago and this has been talked to death long ago, that big thug is probably out of jail by now.

Nope, I'm not coming to his aid; with my handgun or otherwise. My choice.

wuvmyglock
07-22-2011, 19:19
Order up another tall one and enjoy the show..

jeffyjeff
07-22-2011, 19:27
the 7-8 guys there are probably scared, but i promise you if even just one of them had jumped in to stop the assault they all would have helped.

Dexters
07-22-2011, 19:47
Would you get involved?

At what point?

Would I get involved - maybe to the extent of calling the police or yelling out that the police are coming or going outside and looking for a cop.

Draw a weapon - no - if you take it out you better be prepared to shoot. I don't think I could shoot a person that was not attacking me or a loved one. Pepper spray maybe.

People standing around. Although it wasn't a bar; you learn not to get involved in a bar fight. The person who intervenes usually gets hurt worse than the people fighting. I weight 170ish and I'm not going up against a 300lb guy.

The guy that hit made the mistake of not recognizing a crack head or low life and saying something.

There are no white knights.

ave8er
07-22-2011, 20:01
it would be very hard for me not to have gotten involved. The problem would be I carry a firearm so I would have had to be very careful. A 300# thug who is beating a guy who cannot even fight back, that is ridiculous. I may have grabbed something close at hand and smashed the huge guy with it. You cant just stand there and watch a guy get hurt like that.

Happy Hunting
07-22-2011, 20:02
A bunch of dudes standing in a pizza line late at night? Probably drunk. I know, I've been in a pizza line by myself plenty of times while drunk.

If a fight breaks out in there I would definitely not get involved. That guy was built like a damn truck. Odds are the police would take everyone to jail and sort it out later. I would get a Public Intoxication at minimum and thats if they don't try to add disorderly conduct, assault etc.

Now, if for some reason like this Friday when I cannot drink due to things I have to get done, and I go by myself to a pizza place and stand in line, and I am carrying... I still wouldn't draw. That room was so cramped it would be an unsafe distance to simply draw down and get the tremendous BG to stop his attack. For one he is too close and secondly all the other dudes standing there like deer in the headlights just wanting their pizza are coving 270 degrees of the room.

I hadn't seen this video yet, and all these details (like being drunk and what not) have probably already been uncovered.

LongGoneDays
07-23-2011, 08:27
If the race of every person in that video was reversed, fat boy would have had 8 people kicking him into the floor for 5 minutes. Now that the obvious has been stated, here is my take on this as a carry issue.

I wouldn't be in a setting like that. Dont like crowds where everyone assumes IF there is room to stand, they have a right to sardine up on each other. Never liked that before, and now that I'm carrying and people could figure out I have a guun and try to grab it, no thanks.

In a normal setting, I'm not going to draw for a fight, even mismatched as that. Smaller guy on ground being kicked, mayhaps. As long as he's standing I'm staying out of it. I would be more interested in 911 than gawking. But then again I think boxing is retarded and most guys my age love it.

happyguy
07-23-2011, 08:40
I would be behind the counter, hightailing it through the kitchen out the back of the store.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

drew4691
07-23-2011, 08:57
In Ohio if you feel you, or someonelse's life is in danger, you can shoot the BG. That being said, that place was too small to and too close to do anything really, so unless you just pulled your gun out and shot the big dude, there wasn't much anyone could do.

crsuribe
07-23-2011, 09:40
No way dude. I bet you that humongous respectable african American gentleman can stop 12ga. slugs with his teeth and spit them back at you at twice your shotgun's muzzle speed.

I would probably just step outside and change my panties if I saw that unfold in front of me.