How do you carry your pepper spray? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do you carry your pepper spray?

TurboRocket
07-23-2011, 05:26
I use to think carrying PS with a firearm was a mistake. I am starting to get convinced that it is a good idea.

Now my decision point is what and how to carry it. I am trying to avoid carrying on the belt, because I want to have it with me all the time and in the same location, and that means the ability to carry discretely at work (corporate environment). However, I have a lot in my pockets as it is.

Anyone in a similar situation? What do you carry? How? I'd like to see how I can make a 2oz can of Fox work, but it is thick for pocket carry. I am trying to avoid the keychain sprays.

BK63
07-23-2011, 07:08
Mine has a pocket clip just like my knife. Both in right front pocket next to each other.

dhedrick
07-23-2011, 08:09
Agreed - pocket clips are the way to go. I also work in a corporate environment and no one ever seems to notice or care. I personally don't like the keychain ones, so don't want any extra stuff attached to my keys - it makes both keys & ps unwieldy.

Warp
07-23-2011, 12:55
In my offside front pocket next to a flashlight. Fox Labs 2oz

Jason D
07-23-2011, 15:47
I carry a can of Saber Red in my front pants pocket.
I did disassemble the unit and built up the safety catch though.
I didn't want this crap discharging in my pocket.

dgg9
07-23-2011, 16:05
I'd like to carry OC, but the spray mechanisms are hopelessly non-ergonomic and non-indexed to the draw. I.e., no matter where I place them on the off-side, I can't draw it and present reliably. I have no illusions could ever deploy spray in a timely way.

The only promising mechanism was the kind where you hold it like a Surefire, and the spray comes out the bottom, but the safety was hopeless to activate.

I end up not carrying it, even though I think it's good to have in principle.

bustedknee
07-23-2011, 16:45
Shoulder holster.

M1Garand
07-23-2011, 16:47
Clip to pocket or belt.

NC Bullseye
07-23-2011, 17:27
Off side front pocket Fox Labs MK3 2oz with flip top.

OD Green Glock 19
07-23-2011, 17:32
I remember when I was a little kid and my dad was still in K9 and I accidentally sprayed the pepper spray on his duty belt just as we were pulling up to my grandmother's house during the holidays. My dad, my cousin and I all poured out of the car coughing our lungs out just as we were pulling into the driveway. It stung like all hell, but I bet it would have been quite the spectacle for my family if they hadn't been so concerned for our safety.:rofl:

I don't carry pepper spray

Warp
07-23-2011, 18:42
I remember when I was a little kid and my dad was still in K9 and I accidentally sprayed the pepper spray on his duty belt just as we were pulling up to my grandmother's house during the holidays. My dad, my cousin and I all poured out of the car coughing our lungs out just as we were pulling into the driveway. It stung like all hell, but I bet it would have been quite the spectacle for my family if they hadn't been so concerned for our safety.:rofl:

I don't carry pepper spray

You should try getting an eyeful. Good golly is it not fun.

Crawford
07-23-2011, 18:46
In a pouch on my duty belt.

MikeLadner
07-23-2011, 18:57
In a pouch on my duty belt.

This.

I carry so much crap on me at work (19 pound duty belt), when I'm off duty I want to carrying as little as possible. I'm getting to where I cannot stand cluttered pockets, or really anything in my pockets for that matter other than a knife and wallet.

I just recently got back into IWB carrying instead of pocket carrying after finally convincing myself pocket carry is just too limiting.

YMMV in terms of carrying knives, OC, mags, etc., and there's certainly nothing wrong with being prepared.

All of that being said, if I had to carry OC it would be some sort of pocket clip, probably offhand pocket.

Christian944
07-23-2011, 19:04
I carry it in my fanny pack.