$95 for Glock sights installed by Glock armorer. Decent deal? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : $95 for Glock sights installed by Glock armorer. Decent deal?

crsuribe
07-23-2011, 09:28
So I've been wanting night sights on my Glock for months now but I couldn't find any Glock armorers in my area for the longest time. Well apparently one moved in about an hour away from here. I called him yesterday and he says he will install original Glock night sights for $95 and Trijicons for $109.

Good deal?

Seems like my only option anyway. I was originally thinking about ordering online and having someone install them but like I said, there was noone in my area who could do it and the guy charges a lot for it if you don't buy the sights from him, although they don't seem that overpriced at all considering the Trijicons are about $85 online.

Derek02100
07-23-2011, 09:34
Really what your doing is paying him $30-40 for use of his sight tool! Of course this is cheaper than doing it yourself (the right way, Rear sight tool=$75). If you decide to go with it... I would ask if he'll do adjustment for free, if the sights are a little off when you go to shoot.

PS I love Night Sights

douglasd
07-23-2011, 09:36
An OK deal if you don't already have a sight tool, but not a great deal.

Chowser
07-23-2011, 09:43
There is a guy on sigforum who charges $84 (I think) for ameriglos. You send the slide in and he puts them on and ships it back. I buy the sights ($68) from him direct and install them myself. If u have sights you can ship your slide and sights to me with a $5 bill (to cover return shipping.usps small flat rate box) and I will install them . Only thing is I have the ORIGINAL sight tool so I cannot do .45 or 10mm slides. If you are near Cleveland you can just swing by and I'll do it for you during my lunch break (bring a mag of ammo and we can fine tune it on the range if dead center doesnt work for you)

crsuribe
07-23-2011, 10:39
There is a guy on sigforum who charges $84 (I think) for ameriglos. You send the slide in and he puts them on and ships it back. I buy the sights ($68) from him direct and install them myself. If u have sights you can ship your slide and sights to me with a $5 bill (to cover return shipping.usps small flat rate box) and I will install them . Only thing is I have the ORIGINAL sight tool so I cannot do .45 or 10mm slides. If you are near Cleveland you can just swing by and I'll do it for you during my lunch break (bring a mag of ammo and we can fine tune it on the range if dead center doesnt work for you)

Hah! I am ACTUALLY planning on visiting Cleveland in a couple of weekends and really appreciate your offer. Only thing is, it happens to be a Glock 20. :(

Do you just ship the slide in a box via USPS? No need to send it through FedEx as a firearm and go through all that annoying stuff?

Nutt51
07-23-2011, 11:02
Don't know what shipping would be, but I had Glock night sights
put on my G17 by Glock at the Smyrna, Georgia location and it was
$60.00 and change, that was for the sights and installation.
Call them and see what the shipping arrangements would be and
the cost.

barstoolguru
07-23-2011, 11:21
offered on this site on gt

http://www.glockmeister.com/Meprolight-Fixed-Night-Sights-65mm-GREEN_YELLOW/productinfo/ML-10224Y/

Chowser
07-23-2011, 11:30
Bought the sight tool before Glock came out with the 45/10. I dont know if my HK sight tool would work, but if you ever pick up the standard width Glocks you know where I am at.
you can send slides through the mail because that is not the registered part. In the U.S. the frame is considered the serialed part of the weapon.

Kurly
07-23-2011, 11:31
An old leather belt wrapped around the sights and a pair of vise grips will save you the cost of having someone else do it. Installed it this way on four different Glocks and never had any problem doing it this way.

SCC
07-23-2011, 11:48
Just send the slide to glock and they will install them for 57.00 + tax

tx787
07-23-2011, 12:07
Good deal?

Nope. That's a 66% markup over what Glock would charge you. My local store (which granted is a major Glock LE distributor) also installs for $57.

Now while it's not a good deal, it's going to save you 2-3 weeks compared to sending your slide to Glock and the cost of shipping it there ($5) so it's up to you if you want to pay for the convenience. Personally I wouldn't want to support someone trying to rip me off like that.

BroncoAZ
07-23-2011, 13:23
offered on this site on gt

http://www.glockmeister.com/Meprolight-Fixed-Night-Sights-65mm-GREEN_YELLOW/productinfo/ML-10224Y/

Glockmeister installs them free for those of us fortunate enough to have them local.

Patchman
07-23-2011, 13:45
If u have sights you can ship your slide and sights to me with a $5 bill (to cover return shipping.usps small flat rate box) and I will install them. Only thing is I have the ORIGINAL sight tool so I cannot do .45 or 10mm slides. If you are near Cleveland you can just swing by and I'll do it for you during my lunch break (bring a mag of ammo and we can fine tune it on the range if dead center doesnt work for you)

Man, you're an alright dude. Kudos.

mikehG22
07-23-2011, 13:53
That's not such a great deal. I had a set of TruGlo low pro night sights bought and installed for $85.

denn1911
07-23-2011, 14:15
That may not be a great deal, but it is what area shops out my way are charging for Glock sights with install. Without your own sight tool, you're paying for the installer's time and the convenience of having your sights installed correctly. It's a little more pricey than shipping your slide to Glock, but you don't have to wait a few weeks for it to be returned.

emore
07-23-2011, 14:17
I'm kind of confuzzed as to why nobody has tried to talk you into watching youtube and doing it yourself yet. Hmmm....
I will just say that it is not hard. I'm the world's LEAST mechanically inclined male and I've managed about three sets now, two without using the sight tool, one with.
Just another option to consider. Good luck.

Mr Wasabi
07-23-2011, 14:20
I'm kind of confuzzed as to why nobody has tried to talk you into watching youtube and doing it yourself yet. Hmmm....
I will just say that it is not hard. I'm the world's LEAST mechanically inclined male and I've managed about three sets now, two without using the sight tool, one with.
Just another option to consider. Good luck.

Know any good youtube links for this offhand? I've got a set of XS big dots I want to put on my Gen4 G27.

Thanks.

wacopolumbo
07-23-2011, 14:31
My local guy does it for $80 (Glock sights).

sr975j
07-23-2011, 14:34
i did my tfo's on my own with a hammer and punch...and about 45 minutes of my time. i wrapped the punch in tape and went to town. no damage done to the rear sight

Sam

barstoolguru
07-23-2011, 14:38
I thought it was a hech of a deal. how do you find out if they are local or do they work with local shops

Xenogy
07-23-2011, 18:11
For that price you could go to a local GSSF match, sign up for a 1yr GSSF membership, and have a Glock armorer at the local match install the sights for free assuming they have a sight tool. You would be covered for adjustments and any other parts replacements on your Glock(s) for the duration of your membership.

crsuribe
07-23-2011, 18:15
Ok I broke down and went and got them from these guys. They're a local shop and good honest people. The armorer was actually very knowledgeable and nice. A very nice store indeed. http://www.acesportinggoods.com/

The sights are original Glock/Trijicon night sights and they're bright and clear, well made and look nice, which is all I wanted.

I know I could've gotten a better deal, which really matters to me 'cause budget is tight but man I've wanted these sights for a loooooong time and today I had the cash and couldnt wait any longer haha!!

Here it is!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/crsuribe/100_0036.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/crsuribe/100_0027.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/crsuribe/100_0032.jpg

emore
07-23-2011, 18:26
Know any good youtube links for this offhand? I've got a set of XS big dots I want to put on my Gen4 G27.

Thanks.

I have to admit I don't have a single Youtube video bookmarked. However, if you go there and search the terms "install sights, glock" I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that you will come up with a handful of videos, some better than others. I have found that the guys at Human for Targets make good, clear, easy to understand videos. Best of luck.

MrSmoofy
07-23-2011, 18:40

$68 for night sights sounds super cheap I was looking at ameriglo's and it was gonna cost me $90 for the sights alone.

I think I want the Green/Yellow for my G27 but I kinda like the Green/Orange Mepro's too just really not sure what I'll like better.

marh415
07-23-2011, 18:43
So I've been wanting night sights on my Glock for months now but I couldn't find any Glock armorers in my area for the longest time. Well apparently one moved in about an hour away from here. I called him yesterday and he says he will install original Glock night sights for $95 and Trijicons for $109.

Good deal?

Seems like my only option anyway. I was originally thinking about ordering online and having someone install them but like I said, there was noone in my area who could do it and the guy charges a lot for it if you don't buy the sights from him, although they don't seem that overpriced at all considering the Trijicons are about $85 online.

Did you try calling Glock directly? If I remember right, when I called they were charging $65 for GNS. However, that was over a year ago, just saying!!

jack76590
07-23-2011, 18:51
If you have access to a vise this might be of interest. I use cut up strips of radiator hose for padding of vise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4maCQhEIjoA&feature=related

KALD
07-23-2011, 19:29
Just google you tude videos for this and do it yourself like others have said. Tons of good diy gun videos on youtube.

Derek02100
07-23-2011, 19:36
As long as you're happy it was worth it! Gun looks great!

fuzzy03cls
07-23-2011, 19:41
That may not be a great deal, but it is what area shops out my way are charging for Glock sights with install.
Mine too. I paid $92 & change that was with tax for glock sights & install.
A deal is only what you can get in YOUR area.

tx787
07-24-2011, 00:24
Mine too. I paid $92 & change that was with tax for glock sights & install.
A deal is only what you can get in YOUR area.

Not when you realize there is the postal service

Catch22
08-21-2011, 14:00
Do you have anybody that does sights at your local gun show you might be able to order the sights you want and have them put them on for you.