It's hot out. Real hot. Damn hot. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : It's hot out. Real hot. Damn hot.

DepChief
07-24-2011, 12:13
I went to an outdoor wedding yesterday at 2:00 in the afternoon!! The heat index was 118 degrees.

I would question the common sense of the people that had an outdoor wedding at 2:00 on July 23, but I actually went so where was my common sense?

My wife made me go.

Free Radical
07-24-2011, 12:24
Beat her. :cool:

Zonny
07-24-2011, 12:29
Hopefully, you wont be attending a few funerals mid-week. :faint:

Humidity is high here right now too. 99 and 22% :whistling:

kcb
07-24-2011, 12:37
WOW! That IS hot!!! :wow:

I was just going to say something about OUR heat index of 102!!!

We are heading for NC this week....the heat index at mom's is 10 degrees less than here!

I doubt we will get to sleep with the windows open this summer!

:sadangel: Keep the hot hot on the coast, Eric!!!

:hugs:

scorpio2011
07-24-2011, 12:46
we just got a little relief in the form of a storm
once the wet wears off :crying::crying:

GlockAzona
07-26-2011, 03:00
Great! About time some other goobers get the summer heat for a change.

Heck, it didn't even reach a hunnert here in Phoenix today:tongueout:

Dinky
07-26-2011, 08:00
Great! About time some other goobers get the summer heat for a change.

Heck, it didn't even reach a hunnert here in Phoenix today:tongueout:

But you have a dry heat :tongueout::rofl::upeyes:

kirgi08
07-26-2011, 08:25
Karen it's hot here,I turned the AC on for the 1st time in 2yrs.'08. :rant:

DC,no way I'd do that.Way too much of a danger that a good day could turn inta a bad one.I aged farther south in fla than KCB lives and I've seen the effects of extreme heat.

Blast
07-28-2011, 00:34
http://chzhistoriclols.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/stay-cool.jpg?w=500&h=659

kcb
07-28-2011, 09:11
Karen it's hot here,I turned the AC on for the 1st time in 2yrs.'08. :rant:

DC,no way I'd do that.Way too much of a danger that a good day could turn inta a bad one.I aged farther south in fla than KCB lives and I've seen the effects of extreme heat.

Hey Kirgi!

It is warm here...(NC) and my mom and our friends her say they, too have just turned their AC on. But to us, it feels much cooler than home.

We have coffee on the front porch looking at the mountains and I almost need a light jacket, but I get cold easily.

We had a late dinner on the balcony last night watching the sun go down. It was still warm enough that there were some mosquitos, BUT it wasn't hot, to us.

We were invited to a cookout last night in Maggie Valley. It was very nice in the shade with a cool breeze. (Mom and I didn't want to eat there, so we grabbed a deli sandwich on the way home instead....much better. Hubby doesn't feel well today from the cookout food! YIKES!) Maggie Valley is beautiful, too!

It was very warm in the sun and in the car before the AC cooled it down, but still better than Florida! I love this part of the country! :wavey:

Blast
07-28-2011, 21:09
But it's a dry heat.:wavey:

http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/4752/47523624a9a080980e38bb84d6303d2196df7ca.jpg

:devildance:

kcb
08-01-2011, 08:26
Life and weather is amazing in the Mountains of North Carolina!

Drinking coffee on my mom's front porch in the early morning hours...enjoying the view and the cool morning breeze...It's a beautiful world here!

:wavey: :cool:

(It WILL be hot later but it's wonderful in the morning and in the evening!)

We will NOT want to go home when the time comes! :supergrin:

kirgi08
08-01-2011, 08:46
Did you go too Bele Chere?.'08.

kcb
08-01-2011, 19:25
Did you go too Bele Chere?.'08.

I've been there before, but haven't made it there this trip yet.
My husband hasn't been there, yet, but I've not been able to convince him that he needs to go. I think our daughter will be able to do that one of these days!

However, our friends took us to the Grove Inn Resort on Saturday!

I told my hubby I want to stay there for our anniversary one year...soon!

NICE!!! VERY nice!!!

:cool:

cowboywannabe
08-01-2011, 19:47
its hot here in the deep south as usual.....and the humidity is so high you need gills to breath, as usual.......

kirgi08
08-02-2011, 07:30
I've been there before, but haven't made it there this trip yet.
My husband hasn't been there, yet, but I've not been able to convince him that he needs to go. I think our daughter will be able to do that one of these days!

However, our friends took us to the Grove Inn Resort on Saturday!

I told my hubby I want to stay there for our anniversary one year...soon!

NICE!!! VERY nice!!!

:cool:

We call the Grove Park Inn the rock pile, Rhans stayed there a few years back.'08

Bullman
08-02-2011, 11:50
We are on vacation and mom's thermometer reads about a buck 13 right now. When people in Virginia start wankin about the heat when it gets in the 90s, I just have to smile a little and remember my childhood.

kcb
08-02-2011, 14:11
We are on vacation and mom's thermometer reads about a buck 13 right now. When people in Virginia start wankin about the heat when it gets in the 90s, I just have to smile a little and remember my childhood.

I know, Kevin!

Our heat index and humidity is SO hot at home...it's too hot to sit in the swimming pool this summer! :suntan: not!!!

We are at my mom's in North Carolina. This morning, I walked out on her front porch for our morning coffee at about 7:30 a.m. and it felt COLD to me!

It's warm now but the temperature is what it is. Actually, right now it is 89 but feels like 87!!! :rofl: Right now at home, it's 89 also, but it feels like 99!
Big difference! (And that is cooler than it has been at home!

The "feels like" is what counts!

Right now, there's a hurricane brewing...and heading towards home...around the same time we are scheduled to fly towards home! May need to stay here longer!
:supergrin:

rhans405
08-02-2011, 14:48
We call the Grove Park Inn the rock pile, Rhans stayed there a few years back.'08

It was a nice rock pile.

kcb
08-02-2011, 18:08
A BEAUTIFUL rock pile!!!

I had to take photos of the furniture for my mom, too! She has my grandmother's furniture that was identical to some of it! We helped her bring it to Florida from Southwest Missouri, and refinish it in our garage! Then, she moved it to the mountains of North Carolina. My name is already on those pieces of furniture....one day they'll be mine! I don't like to speak that way...but I have two sisters. :) We have to share! :thumbsup:

A Beautiful resort!

kcb
08-06-2011, 17:13
Well...

We flew home to Central Florida this afternoon....

We had dinner with our oldest daughter and her hubby after they picked us up at the airport. I just finished unpacking and was SO hot I took a shower.

Just logged on to my computer to find....

It is 7:10 p.m. and 91 degrees outside....with a heat index of 103!

:faint::faint::faint:

I want to be on the first flight BACK to N.C.

:sigh:

We didn't watch a LOT of news while we were away, but I know that there are places that are even hotter this summer all over the country! It definitely wasn't as cool in NC as it has been or was even last summer when we were there....but it was better than it is here....at least in the mountains.

kcb
08-08-2011, 12:39
My daughter just posted this on Facebook.

It is her dashboard on her car the afternoon they picked us up from the airport.

:faint:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/kcb405/215047_10150335645544439_664529438_9548123_3291972_n.jpg

G21FAN
08-08-2011, 12:50
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/medic15al/DudeItsHOT.jpg

Ahhhhhh!!!!

Dinky
08-08-2011, 13:07
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/medic15al/DudeItsHOT.jpg

Ahhhhhh!!!!

DepChief??

kcb
08-14-2011, 21:18
While cleaning house the other day, all I could DREAD is wearing REAL clothes starting this week to go back to work! :faint:

The nice thing when you have a house with a pool (here in Florida) is no one thinks anything if they stop by and you are wearing a bathing suit!!!

My mom raised us that way growing up here. Clothes in the summer time? And it wasn't even as hot back then as it is now!

Back to work on Thursday, officially. My boss e-mailed me some information on Saturday, so I've been working ever since I received that!

I've gotten a good head start! I'll probably do a tiny bit more tomorrow, but not much. Then Tuesday and Wednesday will be my last days off with my hubby until next summer! :sadangel:

No work until Thursday when he gets home tomorrow evening! :whistling:

We WANT to go to the beach....if we can tolerate the heat!

We will probably want the ice in the photo above!

:suntan: :faint:

kirgi08
08-15-2011, 07:47
We just had a nice cool down Karen,ask your mom.Hadta pull out a flannel blanket,lwt but we love the break.BTW,Kat is po'ed we missed each other/s again.We had a major grill event,I went back ta work and we decided ta celebrate.I had farm fresh veggies/our garden,deer tenderloin and farm fresh beef/bison.'08. :sorry:

kcb
08-15-2011, 09:18
We just had a nice cool down Karen,ask your mom.Hadta pull out a flannel blanket,lwt but we love the break.BTW,Kat is po'ed we missed each other/s again.We had a major grill event,I went back ta work and we decided ta celebrate.I had farm fresh veggies/our garden,deer tenderloin and farm fresh beef/bison.'08. :sorry:

My husband called me yesterday from work to find out when my first long weekend is. (In October I have a 4 day weekend.)

He booked a vacation that same weekend, and wants to go back to NC! LOL!!! (Is the end of October too early to see the leaves change?)

I already tried to book a flight but there are only 3 seats left on the flight back and the price is double on the return flight! :wow:

He's willing to drive...but fell in love with the short flight up this summer!
FINALLY!!!! :rofl:

kcb
08-15-2011, 09:20
OH!!! Congratulations on the going back to WORK!!!

:woohoo: :dancingbanana: :wavey:

kirgi08
08-15-2011, 09:43
Karen late oct may be too late,our colors depend on rain fall.Late september/early mid october is prime.Go native ride your bike up here.Hell G33 lives about 90mins from us.your call,take it ta pms/privacy.'08.

kcb
08-15-2011, 09:53
Karen late oct may be too late,our colors depend on rain fall.Late september/early mid october is prime.Go native ride your bike up here.Hell G33 lives about 90mins from us.your call,take it ta pms/privacy.'08.

The ONLY other weekend I have before then is Labor Day weekend, and I know my hubby can't get that off....probably too early!

That October date is the 20th through the 24th...but with connections we may have to take a few extra days.

LOL...we were going to ride the bike this summer, but my mom protested! :rofl:

We want to ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway! Hubby even looked into renting bikes, but no one close to the area rents out bikes....yet!

We just might, this fall! However, I promised her if we ride the bike up, we will only travel about 5 hours and stop for the night.

We are playing it by ear for the moment!

kirgi08
08-15-2011, 10:11
So be it.The BRP can be dangerous,look inta the "dragoons' tail".The problem there is folk like ta cut corners,I med vaced a dewd that cut corners and went head on against a dodge dually.He had a full reinforced steel body suit.He got a 2x ankle/wrist break and bounced down 50m of gully.Karen let me know,I'll ta your visit,for a modest fee.'08. :whistling:

kcb
08-15-2011, 10:35
So be it.The BRP can be dangerous,look inta the "dragoons' tail".The problem there is folk like ta cut corners,I med vaced a dewd that cut corners and went head on against a dodge dually.He had a full reinforced steel body suit.He got a 2x ankle/wrist break and bounced down 50m of gully.Karen let me know,I'll ta your visit,for a modest fee.'08. :whistling:

Yeah, I know.

My hubby is on a forum of Motorcycle riders. We've met several locally...nice group of people.

A group of them met in Maggie Valley while we were there for a ride on the Blue Ridge. The day we met them, a guy dislocated his shoulder....LUCKY GUY...when he hit the mountain riding with them. They were planning to tackle "dragoons' tail" the next day.

Trust me, it will be a slow ride...just the two of us. I think I'd like to go to Mount Mitchell when we go. I "THINK". Haven't really talked about where we'd go...just everytime we go in the car, we say we'd like to go on the bike!

Might hold you to it! :whistling: :wavey:

kcb
08-15-2011, 10:39
Oh....and I just looked at your weather, which I keep on my desktop, btw....I think I'll hop on the plane IN THE MORNING, and just look for a job up there!

You have PERFECT weather up there!

:wow: :faint:

tous
08-15-2011, 13:42
While cleaning house the other day, all I could DREAD is wearing REAL clothes starting this week to go back to work! :faint:

The nice thing when you have a house with a pool (here in Florida) is no one thinks anything if they stop by and you are wearing a bathing suit!!!

My mom raised us that way growing up here. Clothes in the summer time? And it wasn't even as hot back then as it is now!

We WANT to go to the beach....if we can tolerate the heat!

We will probably want the ice in the photo above!

Chiefy wears a thong bikini to work, he's nekkid as a jay bird at home. :alex:

Hey. Don't jay birds have feathers all over them?
How can one be as nekkid as one when they t'ain't at all nekkid hardly. :dunno:

kcb
08-15-2011, 13:44
Oh...Kirgi08! I forgot! I know that G33 isn't far away!

While we were there, we went to see Cowboys and Aliens in Asheville with friends one night.

G33 said she went the same night...just over the border!

We have/are looking for property in TN and NC. (Of course, my mom says I already HAVE property in NC....but I also have two sisters, too! :supergrin: )

kcb
08-15-2011, 13:45

:alex:

If jay birds have feathers, they aren't as nekkid as Chiefy! :shocked:

tous
08-15-2011, 13:53
:alex:

If jay birds have feathers, they aren't as nekkid as Chiefy! :shocked:

Thinkin' on it, I'm not sure which is worse.

Chiefy nekkid or Chiefy with feathers.

Knowin' him, he'd be a peacock and nothin' less.

kcb
08-15-2011, 14:02
Thinkin' on it, I'm not sure which is worse.

Chiefy nekkid or Chiefy with feathers.

Knowin' him, he'd be a peacock and nothin' less.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MB-G26
08-18-2011, 22:58
deer tenderloin and farm fresh beef/bison

Sooooooooooooooooooo............ ahh.......... hey, '08 - can we talk?

Betcha FedExExpress can overnight a thing 'er two, then Mr. Wilson can drop it back home on his way from the station to his route........... :::::reallyloudwhistling::::

MB-G26
08-18-2011, 23:02
Chiefy with feathers.

Well dangit, yer gonna make me go scrounge through a photobucket account for THAT pic, ain'tcha? :tongueout:

tous
08-19-2011, 13:53
Well dangit, yer gonna make me go scrounge through a photobucket account for THAT pic, ain'tcha? :tongueout:

Dinky will pay mucho dinero.

:wavey:

Dinky
08-20-2011, 06:17
Dinky will pay mucho dinero.

:wavey:

Don't need to pay, have it tattooed on my ass.....:tongueout:

relayman
08-20-2011, 06:33
And it wasn't even as hot back then as it is now!

:rofl:

tous
08-20-2011, 06:39

Hard ta admire it for you, isn't it?
Hope you have a lot of mirrors.

Bullman
08-20-2011, 11:05

I will say one thing for Dinky here, he has status and probably has someone do that for him.:supergrin:

tous
08-20-2011, 11:16
I will say one thing for Dinky here, he has status and probably has someone do that for him.:supergrin:

Good to know that you can hire a feller to look at your butt and tell you its in good shape. :ack:

DepChief
08-20-2011, 17:27

I stopped wearing my thong to work, my badge kept sticking me in the wrong place.

tous
08-20-2011, 17:30
Is there a right place for a badge to stick ya?

DepChief
08-20-2011, 17:32
Is there a right place for a badge to stick ya?

Righterer than some I 'spose.

Dinky
08-20-2011, 17:35

Good to know that you can hire a feller to look at your butt and tell you its in good shape. :ack:

tous
08-20-2011, 18:28
Righterer than some I 'spose.

Got video?

DepChief
08-20-2011, 18:37
Got video?

For a price.

tous
08-20-2011, 19:17
Dinky!

Give the man a buck and let's watch us some entertainment.

Dinky
08-20-2011, 19:21
Will this work???

http://bestsmileys.com/money/3.gif

tous
08-20-2011, 19:34
Chiefy!

Deliver yon video to our waiting hands, ye varlet!

<--- willing to make a small wager on just where Chiefy's badge sticks him and he likes it

Dinky
08-20-2011, 19:36
Chiefy!

Deliver yon video to our waiting hands, ye varlet!

<--- willing to make a small wager on just where Chiefy's badge sticks him and he likes it

Knows where it sticks him and knows that he likes it :wow:

tous
08-20-2011, 19:52
Care to dish?

kcb
08-20-2011, 21:13

You may laugh but it is very much the truth!!!

WAY too much concrete here now!!!

kcb
08-20-2011, 21:15
I stopped wearing my thong to work, my badge kept sticking me in the wrong place.

:scared: :faint:

DepChief
08-20-2011, 22:58
Knows where it sticks him and knows that he likes it :wow:

Great, now everyone knows!!

Dinky
08-21-2011, 10:58
Great, now everyone knows!!

You can't keep thngs a secret forever :supergrin:

tous
08-21-2011, 11:51
You can't keep thngs a secret forever :supergrin: