Disappointed in some of you. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in some of you.

Jim S.
07-24-2011, 12:34
I couldn't imagine why a thread about the RIA 1911 would get locked.
It only took a minute to find out why.

Some of you are pretty quick to hi-jack a thread and turn it into a personal arguement or name calling contest.

I'm disappointed in the behavior of some of you and this forum does not need or deserve such crap.

A person starting a thread does not deserve to have his thread locked out because you don't have enough common sense to act like adults.

This is a good 1911 forum and it doesn't need to be tarnished by the lack of class I have been seeing lately.

Please stop.

GeorgiaRedfish
07-24-2011, 12:39
I'm sorry for disappointing you Captain.....

faawrenchbndr
07-24-2011, 12:40
Seems to be a bit "par for the course" for the last six to eight months.
I've spent more time over at TOS the last few weeks than here.

It only takes few bad apples...........

INJoker
07-24-2011, 12:47
Jim,

I brought this up a couple of weeks ago and that thread turned into a pissing match by page 3.

That said, it does seem to have gotten a little better, but I wish it would stop too. I have a limited amount of time to surf GT each week and I have just started skipping the locked threads altogether.

That said, my Llama is the sweetest-shooting .45 I have ever held and you would obviously be nuts to spend more than $600 on one... Let alone go the semi-custom route...

:)

Oh... No... I... Just... Dih-uhnt...

:)

Jim S.
07-24-2011, 12:48
I'm sorry for disappointing you Captain.....

I wasn't singling any one person out.
Just a statement for all to think about.

GeorgiaRedfish
07-24-2011, 12:49
I wasn't singling any one person out.
Just a statement for all to think about.
I was joking, I haven't got a thread lock:tongueout:

Cerebrus
07-24-2011, 12:50
I am curious to see if any of the warnings the mods have made will have any weight.. Just locking the thread does not really deal with the root of the problem.. Time will tell..

faawrenchbndr
07-24-2011, 12:50
'Joker,......that Llama is a rather rare pistol these days.
Rarely even see them at GunShows any more.

Everyone has a different opinion of quality and price.....no one is wrong.

Hokie1911
07-24-2011, 12:54
Completely agree Jim. I was at work all day and was thinking the same exact thing. How did a thread get shut down with such a low post count. Then I read it. Disappointing to say the least.

Jim S.
07-24-2011, 12:55
I was joking, I haven't got a thread lock:tongueout:

You seemed so sincere... :supergrin:

INJoker
07-24-2011, 12:55
'Joker,......that Llama is a rather rare pistol these days.
Rarely even see them at GunShows any more.

Everyone has a different opinion of quality and price.....no one is wrong.

I was being facetious... I've never even held one. :cool:

GeorgiaRedfish
07-24-2011, 12:56
You seemed so sincere... :supergrin:
That's what my fiance said.:rofl:

faawrenchbndr
07-24-2011, 12:57
Completely agree Jim. I was at work all day and was thinking the same exact thing.
How did a thread get shut down with such a low post count. Then I read it. Disappointing to say the least.

It's quite simple,......start a pissing match, mods catch it early, & lock it down.

It just goes to show,......mods are keeping an eye on the 1911 sub forum.

GeorgiaRedfish
07-24-2011, 12:59
I was being facetious... I've never even held one. :cool:
Good they are so bad, and horrible you would've gotten A.I.D.S. just from picking it up.

:tongueout:

Jim S.
07-24-2011, 12:59
That's what my fiance said.:rofl:

Yeah, but what does she say now???

I like having fun here too, but I look forward to new 1911 threads and when they become off track crap and eventually get locked out it is a waste of our time.
Something I do not have enough of.

INJoker
07-24-2011, 13:07
Good they are so bad, and horrible you would've gotten A.I.D.S. just from picking it up.

:tongueout:

Someone here... maybe bac (?) has/had one and said that even though they had a very poor reputation, his wasn't too tragic.

The worst 1911 I have ever seen/held/touched was a 9mm Saturday Night Special "1911" and I can't even recall the name of the manufacturer... I believe it was one of those very generic-sounding "American Classic Armament" or "United Arms Incorporated" or "Heritage American Classic" types of companies that haven't existed since the 1970's or 1980's...

That is one instance, for sure, where if aaanyone on here said, "OMG, best 1911 evar for under $200! And way better than a TRP!" I would have to pull a :whistling: and call them out.

I don't doubt for an instance that somebody, somewhere owns a completely badass Taurus or RIA 1911 that is super tight and accurate and has gone 10,000+ rounds without a hiccup. I also don't doubt that there is somebody, somewhere who purchased a Baer that turned out to be a lemon and required a ton of work to run right...

It's just that people have a hard time separating their own experience from the experiences of many others.

My G19 has been the most reliable handgun I've ever owned. My buddy got one that even I couldn't get running right... He now owns an H&K and I don't blame him one bit.

But you also won't catch me saying things like "The G19 is the best handgun ever..." or "All G19s suck, don't waste your money..."

Speaking in absolutes immediately causes a negative reaction from others.

jrs93accord
07-24-2011, 13:39
What we have here gentlemen, is a couple bad apples trying to spoil the whole barrel. How is this solved? You eradicate the bad from the good. Maybe the moderators should get involved and prevent a couple of the instigators from being able to post any further. I am sure they have a good idea of who they are. The bashing needs to stop. This was a civil forum until recently. It can be once again. To those of whom we speak, and you know who you are, clean up your act or pack it up and leave. We are tired of your antics.

1 old 0311
07-24-2011, 13:42
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/kcq1/275471_705750894_1278338_n.jpg

GeorgiaRedfish
07-24-2011, 13:44
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/kcq1/275471_705750894_1278338_n.jpg
Those are some BIG, girl panties.:rofl:

Hokie1911
07-24-2011, 13:49
What we have here gentlemen, is a couple bad apples trying to spoil the whole barrel. How is this solved? You eradicate the bad from the good. Maybe the moderators should get involved and prevent a couple of the instigators from being able to post any further. I am sure they have a good idea of who they are. The bashing needs to stop. This was a civil forum until recently. It can be once again. To those of whom we speak, and you know who you are, clean up your act or pack it up and leave. We are tired of your antics.

Couldn't agree more, James. A couple of bans would do this place a world of good.

Fedor
07-24-2011, 13:50
All of the personal attacks and threats directed towards me by Troy Bray (TKR Reptiles) in the "I'm Impressed" thread have been deleted, but he is still posting.
He even made more threats today in PM's. Here's some examples...

"LMAO!!!!!:rofl: Go ***** yourself ****** bag! As I said, you wanna see if I am a internet tough guy? Come to Oklahoma and test me. I hope you have good health insurance tho because you will need it when I am done with you"

"OH, and just so YOU know, I went ahead and forwarded this to a few buddies of mine on here. We are all having a good laugh about how big of a fu(king pu$$y you are. Are you sure you weren't actually in the Navy? I hear that is where all the queers go..."

"As I said come to Oklahoma and say that to my face and see how far it gets you. I bet you are one of those guys that got picked on in school bc you are/were a nerd and pu$$y so now you hide behind your badge. You give the guys who actually made a difference and did good with their badge (like myself) a bad name. Do the world a favor and go wash your mouth out with buckshot."

Hokie1911
07-24-2011, 13:52
All of the personal attacks and threats directed towards me by Troy Bray (TKR Reptiles) in the "I'm Impressed" thread have been deleted, but he is still posting.
He even made more threats today in PM's.

Then take it up with the mods or admin. Airing your personal beefs in the forums is getting old.

faawrenchbndr
07-24-2011, 13:54
Damn,.........this thread is going to **** quick!

IBTL!

See ya all in a few weeks, what an embarrassment! :faint:

GeorgiaRedfish
07-24-2011, 13:54
He even made more threats today in PM's. Here's an example...

"LMAO!!!!!:rofl: Go ***** yourself ****** bag! As I said, you wanna see if I am a internet tough guy? Come to Oklahoma and test me. I hope you have good health insurance tho because you will need it when I am done with you"
Instead of posting that in here, and making a scene especially by using his real name, why not bring this to the moderator's attention. There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with being harassed by someone on this forum, and calling them out to start it all up again and getting another thread locked isn't the way. Let the people in charge do their job, talk to a moderator, show them the pm's, and I would stop posting someone's full name. Seems immature to me, but others may feel different.

Mr. Gekko
07-24-2011, 13:55
Fedor, I am not condoning his remarks. However, your conduct in that thread and in this was/is no better.

FLIPPER 348
07-24-2011, 13:56
wow, this place is getting nutz!

MarkCO
07-24-2011, 14:01
Me too. I am but one person and frankly, I hate babysitting. Keep reporting the bad threads, saves me some time. Eric gets those too. and obviously knows about the direction some have chosen to go. Give him time to sort through it and it will get better.

Thanks.