Looks like MSAR filed for Chapter 11 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looks like MSAR filed for Chapter 11

07-24-2011, 13:53
#3 from bottom:

http://bkinformation.com/Admin/get_state_filings.cfm?State=North%20Carolina&AddedDate=%7Bts%20'2011-02-10%2022%3A19%3A30'%7D

bcowen22001
07-24-2011, 14:10
Could see on the horizon. I watched some product videos of theirs. It seemed like they had some good ideas, but quite a few QC issues.

They had a pretty cool tactical cool folding knife, but with a price tag of $500.00. With other companies making tact. folders for a small fraction of that cost thats hard to compete.

itstime
07-24-2011, 14:17
Heard they were having some serious issues with their rifle.

ronin.45
07-24-2011, 16:13
Could see on the horizon. I watched some product videos of theirs. It seemed like they had some good ideas, but quite a few QC issues.

They had a pretty cool tactical cool folding knife, but with a price tag of $500.00. With other companies making tact. folders for a small fraction of that cost thats hard to compete.

It wasn't the knife business that bankrupted them. They were quite successful with knives for years.

It really is a shame that they are not going to get their MCS out. I know they were going to sell a ton of those. It may have saved the company.

madecov
07-24-2011, 17:38
I own several Michrotech knives. One of the finest knifes moneu can buy.
But Tony Marfone the owner of the company has a reputation for being slightly flakey.

I always wanted one the AUG clones but never got one.

Javelin
07-24-2011, 17:50
ouch. business sucks right now for everyone.

writwing
07-24-2011, 17:52

Except Connecticut union members!

denn1911
07-24-2011, 18:41
I hate to hear that a company is going out of business.

G19ftw
07-24-2011, 20:28
Still want one of their AUGs.

dnuggett
07-24-2011, 20:34
It wasn't the knife business that bankrupted them. They were quite successful with knives for years.

It really is a shame that they are not going to get their MCS out. I know they were going to sell a ton of those. It may have saved the company.

He said 11 not 7. Have they announced that it won't come out?

ronin.45
07-24-2011, 22:58
The fact that it's been five years since they introduced it at SHOT and haven't made one yet tells me it's probably not gonna happen. The last I heard was they were completely changing the design for bottom eject. Even that was a couple years ago.

JTLIII
07-25-2011, 06:52
Had the AUG clone, wasn't all that. I can see how they aren't doing well

spartanranger
07-03-2012, 19:10
MSAR is back. I have been interested for years in the MCS 9mm so I could suppress it. Loved that it took glock mags. Well I called them and they told me that they are still kicking around the idea of the 9mm and are not sure they are going to do it. Maybe a couple years down the line...wow...no wonder they went out of business...screw giving the customers what they want I guess...

Ridgeway
07-03-2012, 19:34
Would have really liked a 9mm AUG style rifle. :(

Nine Shooter
07-03-2012, 20:03
MSAR is back. I have been interested for years in the MCS 9mm so I could suppress it. Loved that it took glock mags. Well I called them and they told me that they are still kicking around the idea of the 9mm and are not sure they are going to do it. Maybe a couple years down the line...wow...no wonder they went out of business...screw giving the customers what they want I guess...

When are they going to start making E4 rifles again? I still want one...

Andrewsky
07-03-2012, 20:24
Making a Steyr Aug that didn't even take Steyr Aug mags was an AWESOME idea.

Sheepdog Scout
07-03-2012, 21:25
MSAR is a joke. At least the gun side of the business.

Directly taken from MSAR's new website:

Along with the design improvements, the re-launch of the STG-E4 also comes with a high
attention to customer service, and increased parts availability. With a new customerdriven
approach, MSAR is committed to manufacturing a high quality product throughout
the evolution of growth and change. Founder Anthony Marfione believes that customer
experience is built each time a connection is made between the customer and company;
the team at MSAR is working diligently to provide structured service and consistent
quantities of inventory to better serve its constituents. We’ve been given an opportunity to
rededicate ourselves to a high standard of excellence, and our team works daily to live up to this standard

This statement is a joke. And at least in the past, none of this was true. If they have changed. That's a BIG IF, good for them. But I wouldn't trust anything that Tony Marfione helms.

Sure some people have had good success with their STG rifles. But in my opinion and experience. They're poorly made, poorly reverse engineered AUG style junk.

Steyr has a new partner in the USA and are to be starting/have started production again of the AUG. I'd spend more money and get an real AUG.

GTS197
07-03-2012, 22:24
Had the AUG clone, wasn't all that. I can see how they aren't doing well

Agreed. Had one...briefly.

07-03-2012, 22:35
I'm glad I didn't buy into the MSAR STG556 hype, and am not excited about the "new and improved" company.
Go with the real thing (AUG), I would.

GlockPaperScissors
07-03-2012, 23:48
Steyr has a new partner in the USA and are to be starting/have started production again of the AUG. I'd spend more money and get an real AUG. Woa that's new to me. Happy to hear it.

Sheepdog Scout
07-04-2012, 02:25
Woa that's new to me. Happy to hear it.

The AUGs going away again, (I think) was a combination of a downturn in the economy and obviously their former US partner, Sabre Defense, getting into big legal trouble.

FN is making the barrels for the newest AUGs from what I understand. I've heard rumblings about Daniel Defense being involved too, but that isn't confirmed. No word on who is making the receivers.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=250031
33 AUGs were just released for sale a few weeks ago. These are assembled from the final remaining receivers and barrels that Sabre made, but didn't use, when they got busted by .gov.

As to the all new guns being released. Well, we all know how it goes in the gun business. Told this and that and just wait and see.

lunarspeak
07-04-2012, 05:49

gun sales are at a 22 month high..i went to 5 diffirent gun stores last saturday looking for a non chromed ruger sr9c ..all of them were packed.

if i had to bet it was either the huge price tag or
managment.

why spend $1500-$2000+..when i can buy a AR that shoots the same round for $500 and up.

maybe it was managment ..look at the XCR,super idea,great rifle,should have been huge player in the tactical rifle sscene...but managment pretty much destroyed it .

bac1023
07-04-2012, 07:53
Interesting

GTS197
07-04-2012, 08:03
Woa that's new to me. Happy to hear it.

Steryr reintroduced the AUG (in limited quantities) about a year and a half ago. I saw one on the shelf, but it didn't last long. Came with a few mags, tac rifle case and other misc. accessories. I want to say the price tag was in the 2K range. Haven't seen one since.....

Spiffums
07-04-2012, 08:29
For those who don't know Chapter 14 is Run Like Hell!

Tony Rumore
07-04-2012, 15:23
I've never had any problems with mine. Runs great, however accuracy is not that great.

Getting a left hand bolt and scope mount out of MSAR was nearly impossible. I am not sure what "customer service" they are talking about....they would never pick up the phone, respond to voice mails, respond to e-mail.....nothing. I finally found a L/H bolt at Interstate Arms, and machined the scope mount myself.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l246/TonyRumore/Rifles/MSAR.jpg

GTS197
07-04-2012, 16:44
I've never had any problems with mine. Runs great, however accuracy is not that great.

Getting a left hand bolt and scope mount out of MSAR was nearly impossible. I am not sure what "customer service" they are talking about....they would never pick up the phone, respond to voice mails, respond to e-mail.....nothing. I finally found a L/H bolt at Interstate Arms, and machined the scope mount myself.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l246/TonyRumore/Rifles/MSAR.jpg

Years ago, when Dave was there, MSAR's CS was second to none. Mine was plagued with the improper heat treating and Dave went out of his way to help me out. When he left, they circled the drain.