Burris Fastfire [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Burris Fastfire

ricklee4570
07-25-2011, 07:11
Anybody mount a Burris Fastfire to your Glock? If so, how do you like it and how well has it help up?

Post some pictures if you can!

gator378
07-29-2011, 16:04
Anybody mount a Burris Fastfire to your Glock? If so, how do you like it and how well has it help up?

Post some pictures if you can!

Mounted a J Point on the Glock 20 about 5 years ago. No problems. changed battery once. Turned the 10mm in a 50 yard pistol. Range won't let shoot pistols on the 100 yard rifle range, so I never got to check out that distance.

The Red Dots are super fast target acquistion and work good in the dark, which surprised me. I do not spare the powder, the poor thing has taken a beating over the years and is still good.

Hotsauce
08-01-2011, 23:01
I had one that came with a tactical 1-4 scope and it was broke out of the box. Not sure if I got a bad one, but for the same price, you can get a doctor from CDNN.

FLA45fan
08-18-2011, 19:19
I bought a Caspian stainless steel slide a few years ago with the intention of putting a Burris Fastfire on it. I buggered up the little mounting plate that replaces the rear sight while mounting. I called Burris and they couldn't/wouldn't send me a replacement part (I was trying to BUY it, not get it for free.) Told me I had to buy a complete new Glock mounting system - Sorry Burris doesn't get my vote just because of their awesome (awful) customer service.

DustyJacket
08-18-2011, 20:17
Had one on a Beretta M9 - shook itself loose.

Now sits on an AR pistol and is great.

emore
08-31-2011, 05:46
I put a FastFire II on a G24 and it has been great. You really have to pour the Loctite to the mounting points, but other than that, no probs whatsoever. There is a learning curve to finding that little dot but once you get the muscle memory, it's pretty easy. I would not hesitate to recommend one.

njl
09-04-2011, 20:04
I never needed loctite to keep Optima 2000's on my Glocks. I've still got 2 functional 3.5MOA Optimas, that I'm thinking of replacing. I'm getting tired of playing the 2x 2016 battery game to get enough brightness out of them. It seems everyone is making similar sights now.

Trijicon
Leupold
Burris
Docter (but from what I've read, they're falling behind in design)
and others

Burris and Leupold seem to be the most popular now. I'd love to see some of these side by side. I was at Bass Pro recently, and was disappointed to see they didn't seem to have any of these style of red dots.

maestro pistolero
09-04-2011, 20:58
I had one that came with a tactical 1-4 scope and it was broke out of the box. Not sure if I got a bad one, but for the same price, you can get a doctor from CDNN.

I keep wondering why you would need a Fastfire with a 1-4 scope.

Fanner50
09-10-2011, 08:04
Anyone want to buy my Fastfire II for a hundred plus shipping? PM me.